• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What did you score for Christmas this year?

Didn't ask for any discs but got a Star Teebird, Star Teedevil, Z Nuke, and C-PD from someone who knows nothing of disc golf at all. Haven't thrown a Teedevil yet but the other molds were already in my bag, so that was nice.

My wife found a DB-5 someplace, which is a cool upgrade from the skillshot I've been using the last 10 years. For discs I got a Yeti, a Condor, a SOLF and two Pro Starfires. My wife has finally learned just to look at what is in my bag and get more of them. She had to be listening to me bitch about throwing all my Pro Starfires in the lake a few months ago, though. I didn't have any left to be in the bag. I give her an A+ this year.

The new Pro Starfires don't look like they molded up well. There is a dip in the flight plate where the wing ends; it kinda like a groove top effect. It's hard not to be a dick and say "thank you" for a Christmas gift when in your head you are in disc geek mode thinking "WTF did Innova screw up THIS time."

Working Stiff said:
The new Pro Starfires don't look like they molded up well. There is a dip in the flight plate where the wing ends; it kinda like a groove top effect. It's hard not to be a dick and say "thank you" for a Christmas gift when in your head you are in disc geek mode thinking "WTF did Innova screw up THIS time."

This is why I told my family not to get me discs. I would be way too honest about what I got.

And discspeed reminded me about something with his MVP present. I also got a sweet dri-fit shirt and card from Millennium. The shirt is probably the largest Large dri-fit I have ever seen. I can't stand all those damn tight dri-fits.

I didn't get anything DG related b/c I already own like 300 discs, 4 bags and 3 baskets. Instead I ended up with $240 in amazon gift cards plus some books and graphic novels and about 2 lbs of candy. It was a good christmas

Merrell-Chameleon-4-Stre-24159P.jpg

My mom got me these. Score!

For christmas I was given the ability to read minds. I read apoth's mind and got a lot of messed up stuff and then a thought that says "Whiz, that must be the new Ibex I've heard about?"

but seriously, whiz, that is a nice shoe. Love my merrill's much. For christmas I was given cloths and NCAA 12 Football.

Merrell's feel great and the older ones I've had actually were great, but the latest ones broke in under two weeks and weren't even refunded because they claimed I had cut them myself (a leather seam split and ripped a surprisingly clean cut in the fabric underneath, happened later on the other shoe as well in the same place). After that experience I'm scared to buy another pair.

Whiz said:
My mom got me these. Score!

Nice, I've been using those same ones for a few months now and they're the best DG shoe I've tried so far. They're extremely comfortable, grip the ground and teepads well and are holding up pretty well so far. They were a replacement for some Chameleon 3's I had issues with but so far the only problems I've noticed on the 4's is the front toe bumper wants to peel down a little, but it still hangs on. If these hold up well enough I might grab another pair, the shape of the sole just feels so good.

Spent some more gift certs today at Next Adventure. Grabbed a sweet black (white logo) Huk Lab DX Aviar, and a Star BB Avair by Huk Lab as well. Better yet, got them each for $10!

Went and spent some X-Mas money today...

1 S-TD - Super Domey, kinda gummy star. I can already tell this thing is going to fly like a dream

1 Glo Z Buzzz - Can never have too many Buzzz's

1 P-PD - Sky Blue Stiff P-Line,just like all my other ones. They crush.

I got me one of these. If Im able to put in the time than I should be a much better player. It's also a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind a few of these on my local course for some variety.

Bullseye_portable.jpg

You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johnny."

So now that all of my Christmas get-togethers are finished...got a few non-dg things(redneck Christmas presents).

Fishing License
Ultra-light Fishing Pole
Ice Fishing Pole (No ice yet to go fishing on though)
Spinning reel
5 qt. Dutch Oven
Campfire tripod

I am ready for spring time to get here...not sure if I want to go camping/fishing or discing first.

juju said:
You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johnny."
:lol:

OK, I'm old.

Latest posts