• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What is the straightest flying, grippiest putter?

If you like the Envy so much, I can't believe you haven't tried the Atom or Proxy. I know the Atom feels a hell of a lot like an Envy, but comes in baseline Electron (both regular and soft blends) plastic and has less fade as well. I think the Proxy would have the flight you desire, but does not come in the Electron, so I would probably try the Atom first.

Yeah the atom is basically a baseline plastic envy without as prominent bead.

Btw, if you are intent on getting something in Trilogy Soft plastic, I think the Pure might be your best best. It has a similar profile to the Envy but without the bead of any kind. It is also a tad larger diameter (this may or may not concern you).

The Dagger I would not recommend if you like the feel of the Envy. The Dagger is extremely deep and will not have that neutral flight you are looking for.

^ Agreed on both counts. I'm putting daggers and they start out a little overstable, similar to a big bead Aviar, at least for putting (BB Aviar might be slightly more overstable on drives). They are also quite deep compared to something like a Pure or Envy. If your Envy is too overstable outside 20 feet, then I'm guessing a Dagger will be too.

The Zero Medium Pure is grippy but still firm, not floppy at all. The Electron Soft Ion is grippy but softer, a very good putting putter as it's not too deep. The Discraft Soft APX is grippy, fairly soft, dead straight, but also pretty deep to use as a main putting putter. All depends what feels right to you outside 33'.

Soft Proxy feels the same as the Envy in the hand. Basically flies the same except zero fade.

I've never thrown a straighter disc, regardless of company / speed / plastic. Soft Proxy is my most thrown disc besides my putting putter.

I'd suggest the proxy as well. I have it in neutron soft and I love the grip of it. Its a dead straight putter and I use it for long putts. it just glides right to the basket. It also is superb as a driving putter, it goes dead straight and has superb glide. I'll also use it as a flick putter in tight narrow spots because it will go dead straight and forehands are so much easier to hit a line with. Very versatile putter.
Aside from that a gravity clutch or hunter are good as well. They're pretty tacky and grippy.

X-line p1x.....very straight once they are tuned, traditional putter feel and flight with a small fade at the end, tacky and grippy slight bend

P-line p1x.....more glide, less fade, taller shoulder, slick and firm plastic

D-line p1x......middle road between the two glide and fade wise, better grip but less durable then p-line, both p & d break in faster than x

Also check out a polecat or birdie for a floaty lid like flight

Big fan of the Zero Line PURES, especially the medium ones. I like the feel of the soft but they seem to warp fairly easily on the flight plate which I am not a fan of. I never even bothered with super soft ones for that reason, I like the Mediums and Hards myself.

Soft Proxy feels the same as the Envy in the hand. Basically flies the same except zero fade.

I've never thrown a straighter disc, regardless of company / speed / plastic. Soft Proxy is my most thrown disc besides my putting putter.

^ Yep

Kastaplast K3 Berg, very straigth, low-speed-low-glide. But it sails soooo slow and smooth through the air!
And the K3 Plastic is very good on grip. But it may wear in a little fast.

My recommendation is the Gateway Magic. It's pretty much a beadless Wizard. I typically use mine for dead straight approach shots, short anhyzers, downhill drives, and most any putt inside the circle. It's very workable and Gateway definitely has a plastic you'll like. An added benefit of getting on the Gateway train is the ability to find backups. Their putters are easy to replace and cycle. Good luck to you...keep us posted on your progress!

Gateway Magic - SS, SSS, or OG plastic!
Gateway Voodoo - SSS or OG plastic!
Beat in Wizard or Warlock, same plastics

All of these, depending specifically on the individual's release, have an extremely straight flight path. I would recommend the Magic or Voodoo for those who like to start throws on Hyzer.
Wizard or Warlock for those who like to start throws flat to Anhyzer