• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Little sparkles in the plastic. More than a price I'm curious about the disc itself.
No info on this little fella?

So here's a few discs I just got ahold of, more interested in if they're worth hanging up than exactly value, but either way,
They're all 6/10 at best.
Old pro d cyclone
Cyclone 2 (pro d I think?)
Old banshee with a smiley evil-ish face stamp
What I'm told is a first run banshee, (dx plastic, star logo with "innova champion discs inc around it )
Millennium prototype tachyon ls 3.1
Millennium prototype tachyon lf 2.2
And a dga terminator x-clone,

I'm almost positive the old cyclone isn't worth much, but the other discs I don't know anything about, so, should they get hung up? Possible values? Any info appreciated, I can get pics upon request

They have retooled the hammer several times if I remember right. That is a large diameter AFAIK. Did they have a retool that shared that hammer stamp?

I'd bet you could get $20 on ebay for that. People like those old stamps.

what about these...i know they can't be much, probably just what they sell for, but they have the arches stamp...organic wizards, 170 and 175

IMG00316-20100812-1944.jpg

The disc in the picture is an early 90's Hammer. The original Hammer was an XD-ish kind of small diameter disc with the "mallet" stamp or "wedge" stamp (they did a lot of them in the Innova football stamp as well.) The disc you have is after they retooled the disc into a Roc-like 21.7 cm diameter disc. They made them from around '90 until around '95 or '96.

Basically the old DX discs used to break (well, they still do) and Innova had two discs they marketed as unbreakable, the Griffin and Hammer. The Griffin has this freakishly thick, blunt nose and the Hammer had a freakishly thick flight plate. Other than the really thick flight plate the Hammer feels a lot like a Roc, but with so much weight in the flightplate they are slow and understable.

Once the Millennium discs came out, there was no reason for "unbreakable" DX discs and the Griffin and Hammer both went bye-bye.

There are some Hammer collectors out there as the Hamerhead Shark stamp is very popular, but they are looking for unthrown discs. I'm not sure what a used one will go for, but somebody will probably buy it just for the stamp.

There is a hammerhead and a hammer (with a hammerhead on it). I thought they were different discs but they feel and look very similar.

Well, Hell, What are these worth?

DSCI0135.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts