• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What molds do u like in Gstar?

G-line Fd's are fun to throw with the amount of turn they have out of box. I also like the Gstar Firebirds for long sweeping forehands.

I was a bit skeptical of G* when I first handled it so I avoided it as a gimmick. But then it got cold and I tried a Roc3 in G* and quickly changed my mind and now have a Thunderbird, PD, Teebird and Aviar driver in g*. I don't yet know how long they will hold their flight, but they are all less stable than Star or Champion plastic. I use the Roc3 the most and it has broken in to a very sweet flying disc, I hope it stays that way.

Now, I want a G* Yeti!

I dig the firebird a lot, the PD is ok too.
People throw a lot of g* in my area, and i dont see any single mold more than others really. Maybe the destroyer.

I have a few friends who throw and like the rhyno, gator and teebird.

G* Teebird is awesome, hated the G* Roc, and the G* Wraith I picked out with a high parting line is just what I expected. Nicely overstable for me. It will break in great.

I picked up a G* TB3 on a whim in the X-out section of play it again. It has quickly become one of my favorite discs and battles with the Crave for a spot in my bag.

I now really want to try a G* Roc3 and I think a G* Leopard sounds amazing.

Of the few I've tried, only the TeeBird has made the bag. I like the G-PDs I have, but they're pretty close for me to the stiff P-Lines I also carry, and I'm not sure they're going to stay.

how does a G* Firebird compare to a Star FL? I currently have a Star Firebird and Star FL. just looking for a viable back up to the FL if it gets lost.

Anyone know if there are any pros currently carrying G* discs?

G* Firebirds are pretty awesome, and I get a lot of use out of my G* FDs. They are less stable out of the box that S FDs, but are super versatile.

Destoryers
Teebirds
Firebirds
Sharks

Besides the notion that the G* blends are a tick less stable than Innova's other plastics allow me to throw straight shots and shape anny lines a bit easier. I especially like the way they tend to "sit down" right where they land: it's great for overhand shots when a roll away is possible. I can get those Fire Chickens to roll nice as well!

yeah, the majority of my overhand shots are with gstar these days.

How do the g-star blends hold up in terms of durability? I throw all star plastic right now, but have been contemplating trying a few g-star runs since everyone talks about how awesome they are right out of the box.

The durability seems very player/disc dependent.

I have a max sparkle teebird from the first run. It hasn't changed much at all and gets a lot of use. Still no turn. My gstar PD has also held up nicely.

My gstar FB is not as overstable anymore but I don't use it that much to give a decent opinion.

For me personally, the sharp edge/big rim distance drivers season the worst in gstar. I was really enjoying gstar destroyers, but they were seasoning too quickly to a point I wasn't happy with.

Overall, I highly recommend the plastic but it may not work for every mold depending on your style.

It seems like G* molds up more consistently compared to Star... there is some variance in PLH but I haven't seen any G* with the crazy domes that you see in Star plastic.

G-Star Teebird.

The thing I love about the G-Star Teebird is that if you used to throwing lighter discs (i usually throw in the 160g range) you can actually throw max weight in G-Star easily. I've thrown first run/current run/and tourney stamped G-star teebirds and they all seem to be consistent (straighter than champ and even some star runs almost DX like, but durable).