• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What single disc for total noobs (planning company outing).

Did they make the 'Yote in base plastic? Thought it was just star and champ.

Plus it's OOP.

Otherwise, I'd agree completely! Great disc. :)

They did make the Coyote in DX at some point.

On the Innova website it shows them being available in Star.

Time to start a petition for G*Coyotes.

Another vote for Aeros. The look and feel like "regular" frisbees and fly slightly-understable/straight at low power levels. And in DX they're cheap.

A little spendier I'd say Ibexes or Makos.

This! Reason being is that most people have tossed lid like Frisbees not discs. Money might be an issue for people and may become a turn off. Aero is cheap and I am sure you can get a discount for 10+ at factory store.

champ boss. it does everything. you can drive, approach and putt with it. thats why they call it da bause

champ boss. it does everything. you can drive, approach and putt with it. thats why they call it da bause

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh.

I'm pretty sure I'll get right on that plan. Just waltz up to the counter and say "25 Champion Bosses, my good man! Also, can you make them the 'beginner' version please?"

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh.

I'm pretty sure I'll get right on that plan. Just waltz up to the counter and say "25 Champion Bosses, my good man! Also, can you make them the 'beginner' version please?"

Oh you could always get dx too. Theyre a little more glidey so a bit more beginner friendly

Oh you could always get dx too. Theyre a little more glidey so a bit more beginner friendly

No dice.

Go big or go home.

veKno.jpg

DX cobras around 160ish - very shallow rim and would be a better putter than stingrays.

I would say sharks but I feel like you can get a better frisbee flight from cobras. I would say comets too but base plastic just makes more sense here.

The GGGT maximizer or optimizer are cheap, beginner friendly discs that are great for new players. Also you can get champion/Z equivalent xouts for $3-5 at gottagogottathrow

Our insurance company did an outing like this and they used DX sharks. I think it went really well.

The year before they used $.50 frisbees from the dollar store and it was, as you can imagine, a cluster****.

Gateway makes really light putters and you could have your own stamp on them too.

Lots of options though like BC Product mentions if you don't go big name brands.

Leopards and Sharks sounds perfect. I've watched girls rip 164-166g DX Leopards out to almost 300ft. Archangels are also easy to throw far. I love the Stratus idea, too. They glide for days, and it would be decent inside the circle.

I have to say, IMHO a DG company outing is not a great idea. Unless you work at a company that's all youngish athletic doods, most of the people are going to be hating it.

I play a course by where I work at lunch most days and have run across a few such company outings over the years, and I always laugh at how there is usually one group that is gung-ho and having fun while the rest of the groups are absolutely miserable.

It doesn't matter what kind of discs you get, that poor 50-ish, overweight, out of shape woman in accounting is going to chuck it straight into the wall of honeysuckle off the tee and there's no way in hell she's going to go in there and try to find it.

My advice... avoid having your fellow employees secretly hate you and set up a nice, relaxing company bocce tournament.

What discs to order? Keep in mind that "having fun" is more important than "long term learning" for these folks. So suggesting a "comet, because it will teach you a lot and show flaws" isn't really helpful here. Money isn't there for buying a driver/putter 2 disc setup. So that won't work. Each person gets one disc.

I was thinking along the lines of a selection of Shark, Stingray, Leopard, and Buzzz with a couple of them being 150 class for smaller folks. I personally can't stand putting with drivers of any sort, and I felt like mids would have less of a chance of getting lost way off in the rough. No particular preference between innova and discraft, I just happen to be more familiar with innova's "beginner" discs.

I think it kinda depends on the course.
Short wooded--->longer open
Aviar-->Shark-->Leopard/Cheetah (165-170)

Other contenders, Polecat, Aero, Wedge, Kite or Dart?

I have to say, IMHO a DG company outing is not a great idea. Unless you work at a company that's all youngish athletic doods, most of the people are going to be hating it.

I play a course by where I work at lunch most days and have run across a few such company outings over the years, and I always laugh at how there is usually one group that is gung-ho and having fun while the rest of the groups are absolutely miserable.

It doesn't matter what kind of discs you get, that poor 50-ish, overweight, out of shape woman in accounting is going to chuck it straight into the wall of honeysuckle off the tee and there's no way in hell she's going to go in there and try to find it.

My advice... avoid having your fellow employees secretly hate you and set up a nice, relaxing company bocce tournament.

actually yeah this is better advice.

Yup! This is the correct answer.

Bocce, Ladder Golf, Bean-Bag toss (Cornhole), or even Tidleywinks, are all better choices for the company pic-nic

Latest posts