• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats in your bag......the 2010 edition!

Got a lot of discs transitionining from new to seasoned right now.

3 Wizards (S - newish, seasoned, putter-only)
2 Meteors (seasoned, beat)
2 Rocs (DX - newish, seasoned)
2 Eagles (DX - newish, seasoned)
1 Firebird (Champ, new)
1 Valk (Star, newish)
2 Destroyers (Pro - newish, seasoned)

Been carrying around a heavy Star Valk and a 1st Run Star Destroyer just for windy days.

Eric O said:
same as last year

wizards
rocs
eagles
preds
roadrunners
orcs

I like these discs. Been set with them for a while. Other than the RR slot, which may be on the chopping block if I find something better. ChUcK recommended a Lat64 Vision when he was in town. I may try to get my hands on one and check it out.

Roadrunner is gone. I have a 171 star Orc flippy enough that having another mold for the same thing is redundant. A 1st run Nuke found it's way into the bag a couple months ago and stayed there for all out bombing runs. The newest addition to my arsenal really fills a gap in the short range power game that I didn't have covered, a max wt champ Gator. I've been thinking about adding one forever but finally just got around to picking one up. I love this disc. My home course has some rather unique holes where a disc with very little glide and pinpoint range control is paramount. The gator is perfect for this.

I also had a fling with a Glo Z Stalker that lasted until I lost it. It's a great disc and I felt it complemented my Eagles well, with the Stalker seeing action on straighter lines. I thought about replacing the one I lost, but after a week or so without it I was actually having better luck on my fairway driver shots with only a pair of new and beat star Eagles plus a beat Z Pred. Probably chalk that up to years of familiarity with those molds. Anyway there was room for one more disc in my bag and the Gator earned the slot. I was thinking at first about adding a brand new Z Pred instead, but the Gator gives me a little extra versatility.

Here's what I'm with now.

3 S Wizards Soft/Med
3 DX Rancho Rocs (occasionally will replace the newest with a Star Rancho where durability is an issue)
1 Champ Gator
2 Star Eagles
1 Z Pred
1 Star Orc
2 Champ Orc
1 1st Run ESP Nuke

similar here, currently i'm carrying:

wizard x2
rancho roc x4
cfr gator x1
eagle-x x3
stalker x2

the stalkers do have some overlap with the broken-in eagle, but that's partly why i'm carrying them, to have some backup in that bread-and-butter slot.

these days i like a gator instead of a pred or firebird since it's way less nose-ange sensitive, and nose-up kills my accuracy on steep hyzers. it's also a fun disc for annies that *have* to pan out. for headwinds the newish eagle is fine.

So, I have been playing again.
Lost my 4 year old wizard yesterday (so pissed) (see avatar, only irreplaceable disc I throw)

My bag for this season is looking like

174 Proto wizard (to replace my beat medium till I break another in even close)
175 Med Wizard

173 D Wasp trashed
176 D Wasp Beat
176 D Wasp Broken in*
176 D Wasp New

172 X XL broken in
172 Juliana X XL new

169 X Pred Beat
172 X Pred New
170 Z Pred New

171 MOLF broken in*

In bag depending on course/conditions.

All those are stuffed in my GB mini bag. I need to go check out his thread, I saw a guy on a course with a crazy Gorilla Boy backpack stool bag combo. Good to see business is well (two years ago I never saw anyones other than my two)

uNicedmeMan said:
TDK Lives!!!

Yup, pretty crazy to see me here I am sure.

175 Pro Boss x2
175 Champ Boss x1
175 Champ X-cal x1
175 Pro Wraith x1
175 Champ Valkyrie x2

175 CFR Whippet x1
175 champ Eagle-X x1
175 Champ Teebird x1

180 Star San Marino x1
180 Star Ontario x1
176 Evo Demon x1

175 SSS Wizard x2

3 - Pro Wraith (all 175)
4 - Champ Valkyrie (1-171, 3-172)
2 - Champ Teebird (170, 174)

2 - Star Skeeter (both 175)
2 - Star Shark (168, 172)

3 - Star Aero (all 180)

Thatdirtykid said:
All those are stuffed in my GB mini bag. I need to go check out his thread, I saw a guy on a course with a crazy Gorilla Boy backpack stoll bag combo. Good to see business is well (two years ago I never saw anyones other than my two)

uNicedmeMan said:
TDK Lives!!!

I hope you have a good supply of D Wasps. Production discontinued. I had to give them up.

1x Star Boss
3x DX Destroyers
2x Champ Wraith
2x Champ Sidewinders
2x DX Firebird
2x DX Teebird
2x D Hawk
3x D Focus
1x D Zone

Spinach D said:
Thatdirtykid said:
All those are stuffed in my GB mini bag. I need to go check out his thread, I saw a guy on a course with a crazy Gorilla Boy backpack stoll bag combo. Good to see business is well (two years ago I never saw anyones other than my two)

uNicedmeMan said:
TDK Lives!!!

I hope you have a good supply of D Wasps. Production discontinued. I had to give them up.

I actually only have 6 or 7 right now (out of the bag, 10 or 11 total) I am pretty sure my X wasp backup pile is quite a bit bigger.
That is going to have to be a concern now. Maybe I need to switch to Roc's? :roll:

Discrafts site says its only available in Z now. . . Maybe I need to save up a hundred bucks and get 11 D wasps while the wright life still has stacks.

Ugh, such a variety.

1x Champion Monster
1x Pro Destroyer
1x KC Pro 10x Teebird
1x Star Leopard
1x Star Beast
1x Champion Firebird

1x CE Roc
1x Z Meteor
1x Champion Shark

1x Champion Aviar
1x JK Pro Aviar-X

Thatdirtykid said:
Discrafts site says its only available in Z now. . . Maybe I need to save up a hundred bucks and get 11 D wasps while the wright life still has stacks.

I'm concerned the D Hawk will be the next victim.

My bag:

Drivers:
2x Star Eagle
2x Champ Eagle
2x Z Xpress
3x Champ Orc
1x FLX Pred (thumbers/hawks only)
1x Z Pred

Mids:
2x Z Buzzz
1x Z Glo Buzzz
2x Z Wasp

Putters:
1x Medium ION
(or... this battle is still being waged)
1x D Challenger (putts)
1x X Challenger (approaches/drives)

Eh.

173 NS Boss
173 Champ Teebird
176 Z Wasp
172 JK Aviar
176 VP B Proto
176 Z Xtreme

Testing out a 170 Opto Fuse and a Goldline as well.

I usually just roll with these seven, carrying no extras. However, if I'm away from what I know, I'll carry an extra teebird. I also occasionally carry a DX Bird, but I can cover most of any course with the champ that I carry. If I need to practice putting, I bring with me another Aviar.

Pro Boss fresh
Pro Boss used

Z Predator
Champ 11x pearly Teebird
KC Pro 11x Cheetah
Champ Roadrunner

Crystal Buzzz

Warlock

mini bag

171 Z Surge SS
167 Champion Beast
168 DX Beast
171 Z Avenger

170 Champion Leopard

173 Z Buzzz
167 Z Glo Buzzz (x2)

171 Soft Wizard
170-172 Pro D Magnet
172 Warlock

The following discs are in and out of my bag now, depending on the course and the weather conditions:

High-speed drivers...
-175g Star Boss (new, over-stable high speed driver)
-171g Star Wraith (sleek and tough, and perfectly conditioned high speed stable glide driver)
-171g Z Surge SS (newish, hyzer flip high speed driver)
-164g Champion Monarch (newish, hyzer flip high speed driver)
-175g Pro Destroyer (beat, under-stable high speed driver)

Control drivers...
-175g Champion Banshee (new, over-stable fairway driver)
-171g P-PD (beautiful turnable long control driver)
-171g First run Z Stalker (moderately beat, ultra-straight)
-175g Star Valkyrie (beat, under-stable/turn-over/roller driver)

Mid-ranges...
-180g Cryztal Z Buzzz (newish, stable)
-175g DX Classic Roc (beat, but hyzer-flip to straight)
-175g Champion Panther (newish, under-stable, touch driver)
-175g Z Comet (under-stable touch approach disc)

-Putt and Approach...
-175g Pro Challenger (one of the very over-stable variety)
-175g Pro Challenger (straight but still over-stablish)
-175g Glo Wizard (straight and stable, this is my main putter)

I've simplified, but this is what my bag will be come August:

RIDGE [171g Firm] -- putts, upshots, drives under 250.
ROC [175g DX] -- you know what this does.
RIVER [168g Opto] -- control driver, tunnels, turnovers.
PD [168g P] -- main distance driver

That's 4 discs, 4 molds. What am I missing?

EDIT: in the future, I plan to add a new Roc and a new heavier PD when the current ones cover the flippy mid and flippy driver slots.