• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the strongest part of your game?

What's the strongest part of your game?

• The Drive

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Approaching

Votes: 78 45.3%
  • Putting

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Other (getting out of trouble, mental strength...etc)

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters

Halcón

Free At Last
The strongest part of my game is the approach. Mark Ellis said in one of his videos that every pro, no matter the situation, should be able to approach from 100 feet, and make the putt.

I've tried taking that to further distances, and it has allowed me to save par after my horrible drives. Obviously I'm working on rounding out my entire game, but for now, the second shot is usually the best.

What's your strong point?

It's almost always been my ability to get out of trouble with a nice up or out....

Lately, it seems my drives have been getting better with BH.

Honestly, once I picked up an nice Opto River and a couple Opto Saints, paired with a couple nice beat *D's I feel like my drives have been really smooth lately, and that smoothness has led to a lot better accuracy. I'm saying drives right now.

Mental part for sure.
I play smarter than just about everyone I play with. One of these days it would be nice to not have to and just park all the open 450' holes like they do though :\

Game management for sure. I'm older (49) and a noob, so i understand that i can't outdrive everyone, so i depend on accuracy, knowing when to lay up or go for it, and how to minimize damage. It's been working out well so far.

I'd say mental and getting out of trouble. I'm pretty scrappy when it comes down to it, and I thoroughly enjoy the pissed off looks I get putting a flick roller under the basket from jail.

:( afraid i don't have any strong point. imo it's all pretty evenly mediocre with a few flashes of greatness interspersed with a few epic fails. depends on the day...

It be me drives by a herr, but all of those thins ad up. I suck at putting but some people swear I make awesome putts. Right now my thumb is three weeks into a fracture and no sign of it being healed soon or properly so I am a bit depressed, I need my hand for so many reasons.

I think I can actually say it's my putting! I know a lot of guys who can drive well, but when it comes to getting it in, they fall short (not always literally). Having confidence that I can at least get some basket on a 50 footer does wonders for my whole game. Plus, there's the added bonus of hitting a long putt and playing it cool. I used to get excited like a schoolgirl, but now I can keep that inside and just drop a nonchalant shrug.

Makes me want to put on my sunglasses and say, "Deal with it."

I've got getting to the course down to a science. Discs? - check; water? - check; remember to put clothes on today - check; car accident on the way there? - usually not. It's all down-hill from there though.

In terms of par golf, my drive is easily the strongest part of my game. My putting is horrible and my ups don't usually put me in a good position.

This has everything to do with my propensity to play rounds instead of practicing in a structured and meaningful way.

Drives. I've had distance for a while, but I'm really zoned in as far as accuracy right now. Parked 5 holes in a row last week at league night ranging in distance from 250 to 340.

Working a ton on putting these days. Money from 20 and in, need more consistency from there on out.

Approach. I better be good at approaches after my horrible drives. Usually have good accuracy just distance like a schoolgirl. Putting is usually not an issue because my approach is within spitting distance. Trying to think of a strong point makes me realize I need lots of practice. So off to the course.

I enjoy the challenge and creativity of a difficult shot.
Approach and getting out of trouble are definite strengths, my mental game is pretty solid as well.
Putting is pretty inconsistent. When I'm on I feel like I can do no wrong. When I'm not, it seems like 5' is out of my comfort zone.
My drives are alright, but I'm not going to make anybody forget about Wiggins, that's for sure.