• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wiggins Tour Series Destroyer in ProShop

The one upside here is that these are 'tour series' and they'd be foolish not to put out another batch of light weights. More sales = more money for dave.

I always get a bit disappointed if I miss out first time around... but then I manage to talk myself off the ledge and remind myself that these are overpriced and the shipping is outrageous (it sometimes helps).

If you buy 5 you get free shipping, and if you use your points wisely you can get even more of a discount. I have ordered 5 before, got free shipping, and then right after ordered 5 more of a disc and used the points on the order I just placed 5 minutes earlier.

They might release more of these, but they are friggin sweet.

These are a Tour Series fundraiser disc. They'll be back. If their recent releases are any indication, there is probably another stack that'll be released tonight.

These are a Tour Series fundraiser disc. They'll be back.

That's why I didn't go all crazy and buy 20 of them, I just want to hook my friends up with some and pick some good colors out. Not looking to make a ton of money, although they might be nice for some trade bait down the road.

Everyone who plays for Innova throws Destroyers.

The only reason Wiggins has a sig Boss is he broke the distance record with it, I don't think it had anything to do with what he bags. In his In The Bag he claims he carries one for sidearm drives. I think the real reason is guilt lol

A friend told me Feldberg took the Boss as his sig disc simply because he knew they would sell, not because it was a staple in his bag.

Dope stamp Levi! Always dug the Destroyer bot. Is the pose based off Wiggins' actual form?

not levi, z-man! :)

when david contacted me about potentially coming up with a cool design based on the destro bot i couldn't wait to start sketching, with the destroyer being my favorite disc and wiggins being one of my favorite pro's.

lil' wig was pretty stoked that yes, the final art was based on his actual throwing form (grabbed the pic from a you tube vid).

even before i started the art i contacted innova art director levi wilcox to thank him for the original destro design and that i would being doing something based on it (or something like that!)

funny that levi and myself both have the same initials, which is included on the stamp.

once again a special shout out to our own ZAMson, who answered all my initial dopey art questions a couple years back when i was trying to get anybody to give me a stamp to design!

compo_zps31822aa9.jpg

Wiggins doesn't even know how these fly. Innova hasn't sent him one(yet)

not levi, z-man! :)

when david contacted me about potentially coming up with a cool design based on the destro bot i couldn't wait to start sketching, with the destroyer being my favorite disc and wiggins being one of my favorite pro's.

lil' wig was pretty stoked that yes, the final art was based on his actual throwing form (grabbed the pic from a you tube vid).

even before i started the art i contacted innova art director levi wilcox to thank him for the original destro design and that i would being doing something based on it (or something like that!)

funny that levi and myself both have the same initials, which is included on the stamp.

once again a special shout out to our own ZAMson, who answered all my initial dopey art questions a couple years back when i was trying to get anybody to give me a stamp to design!
Whoa I got got!! I see it now as your style. The Destroyer character totally suits your work and I gotta say you translated it really well, and that couldn't have been easy to pose it. Excellent work man. It's the perfect mashup for a signature model... truly a signature Destroyer could have no better concept or execution. Glad Levi was cool with it. I bet David's super-cool with it. Lots of people are gonna be cool with buying the crap out of these. :hfive:

Wow I like the stamp a lot, but they are all gone already. Oh well I don't like Destroyers anyhow.

I don't throw Innova anymore, much less Destroyers. And I want a stack of those discs. That's one of the coolest stamps on the market.

I don't throw Innova anymore, much less Destroyers. And I want a stack of those discs. That's one of the coolest stamps on the market.

thanks.

Whoa I got got!! I see it now as your style. The Destroyer character totally suits your work and I gotta say you translated it really well, and that couldn't have been easy to pose it. Excellent work man. It's the perfect mashup for a signature model... truly a signature Destroyer could have no better concept or execution. Glad Levi was cool with it. I bet David's super-cool with it. Lots of people are gonna be cool with buying the crap out of these. :hfive:

thanks z. not sure if levi was cool with it as i never got back a response. initially david (one of my favorite touring pros) contacted me and said he loved my art and would i be interested in designing his tour series disc. at first i was hesistant as i'm kinda burnt out with stamps, but then he mentioned destroyers (my favorite disc) and how much he loved the 'mecha' look of the original stamp (my favorite production stamp on a disc!) and wondered if i could transform (pun intended) his likeness to the mecha.

talk about dream project!

Nice job on the stamp, great improvement over the Anthons!

thanks.

dgcr12_zps86039f34.jpg

I couldn't see it in a small pic, but now I noticed that you put his PDGA #, and record distance within the stamp too. Nice touch.

Latest posts