• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] World

khmer

Birdie Member
I got to test out the World this afternoon on a cold and windy day,15-20 mph. I threw it along side my tp giant, gl & opto halo. First impression is the rim. It's rim thickness is the same as the halo. Basically, it reminds me of the giant but a bit longer and a BIGGER skip. Due to the cold day, I only got to throw it about 6-8 times. I hope to test it this weekend when it's a bit warmer.....I can't wait to test it out in the spring when my arm isn't so slow :\

Sounds fun, I love that feeling when you get to throw a fresh disc.

That's a westside disc right?

I've never thrown it, what would you say is a similar mold? Similar flight pattern?

The few throws I've had, its flight path reminds me of the giant, but longer and bigger skip. I'll say that one of the throws into the headwind (15-20 mph), it had a slight turn; for what its worth, I released it flat. It still went about 30-40 feet further than my giant. Frankly, I won't decide if it will replace my giants until I get more testing next spring. I'm not too fond of the rim depth at 2.4

-Thats not what I needed to hear (but what I hoped) I now have three more on the way. Do these have a vertical rim or slightly slanted like the halo?

-Thats not what I needed to hear (but what I hoped) I now have three more on the way. Do these have a vertical rim or slightly slanted like the halo?

Using the eye ball and feel of hand test, the rim isn't as slanted as the halo. In fact, it feels and looks exactly like the Giant and Saint Pro. If the Worlds flight path and stability is exactly like the Giant but longer, then my Giants will be replaced for sure. I hope to test it again this Saturday and Sunday. I'm excited to test the tournament plastic whenever it's released.

Almost bought a 168 World at my local shop today, but reason kicked it. It felt pretty comfy in the hand for a high speed driver though.

No, it's not like a Champ Tern.

Well crap. I guess I won't try it then.

Uf7NRpi.gif

My local Play it Again sports got some Worlds in this week and I went last night to pick one up to try out. I looked at all the ones they had and I found one stamped at 164g. I got really excited thinking man I hit the jackpot to find one that light. I got home with it and put it on my scale and it comes in at 172g. Has anyone else had any be this far off weight?

I've never had Westside/Lat/DD discs be more than 2 grams off scaled weight. Is that world actually molded at 164 on the bottom?

Yep 164g right on it, my brother got one that was 166g. I checked his today and it was on the money. I could not get over how far off mine was tho. I've never had one off by more than 1 or 2g's either.

Got chance to toss it recently. I'd give it a turn of 1 and a fade of 3.5 thrown flat in light winds at 475'. It has a tendency to skip, probably because it's so fast. The rim is still really comfortable, and the rim depth is about perfect for my hand. As for the flight characteristics, I think that, at least compared to a sparkle giant, it is longer and better for pure distance, but the giant would definitely fight the wind better. I would compare this to a brand new echo star boss with a slightly shallower rim that is molded in better plastic.

I have had a few times out with my worlds and am liking them so far. They are very more hss than a halo (my main distance driver) and more lss as well but I can still get them to run straight for 80% or so of the flight. I bought these to try as an wind distance compliment for a halo. I got a chance to try in some major wind at leagues yesterday and had a few good throws- A big boom hyzer with a RL wind. A hyzer flip into headwind that was a lazer till tree contact @ 325. Later in the round in worse wind (35ish sustained. no exageration look at cheyenne wind charts) It flipped to roller with a hyzer release. Today is supposed to be 35-50 sustained w gusts to 75 so I may hit the soccer fields for some testing
:\