• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] World

I have had a few times out with my worlds and am liking them so far. They are very more hss than a halo (my main distance driver) and more lss as well but I can still get them to run straight for 80% or so of the flight. I bought these to try as an wind distance compliment for a halo. I got a chance to try in some major wind at leagues yesterday and had a few good throws- A big boom hyzer with a RL wind. A hyzer flip into headwind that was a lazer till tree contact @ 325. Later in the round in worse wind (35ish sustained. no exageration look at cheyenne wind charts) It flipped to roller with a hyzer release. Today is supposed to be 35-50 sustained w gusts to 75 so I may hit the soccer fields for some testing
:\

That would be sooo much fun to throw in winds like that! We're lucky to get 15mph winds up here in Washington. I want to throw my stiletto in some 50mph winds! Video? :D

No vid but had the stiletto out in the field and could make it run straight for around 300-335 about ten feet of the ground w no fade! I havent had a non thummer use for the stiletto on the course yet but it was nice to see it run. The same throws were forcing my champ whippets right and into the ground @ around 175-200. Not exactly golf weather but fun nonetheless! The real fun on a day like that is giant sky annys with a mid, thrown high and hard as hell I have got them 100-200ft longer than my best flexed out distance throws with a lightweight speed driver.

I took my world out today and threw it with the destroyers in my bag and giants and a trespass I had. I think the world is some place between a trespass and a giant. Its faster than both. I got a consistent ant hyzer flip and a good fade. It might seriously compete with my destroyers.

I love The World more and more every time I throw it. In 2 weeks it has kicked all my Destroyers which were my go to drivers right out of the bag. Flies like a seasoned Champ Destroyer right off the shelf. Incredible disc.

How does the World rim feel compared to Destroyers? Slanted/Shallow?

It has a wider wing, depth is very similar possibly a bit shallower with a true vertical rim. Grip feels really nice for me. After a week and a half Id call it 13/4/-.5/3.5, I have to really get it moving to see some turn but can get it to run straight for a while. Ill post updates if relevant but weathers been nasty-kinda tough to blast on one in boots and a couple layer of clothes

I'm so pumped to get mine in. The scorpius is in serious danger from the way you guys are describing it.

Have any of you guys thrown these in lighter weights and if so how do they compare to a max wt (I have all 174-5s but have seen these listed as low as 167)

i would like to know more as well.

i do love my PD2's but i would prefer more of a distance gap between my distance drivers and my PDs.

of course, the solution to that problem is probably just to throw farther, but still . . .

Last edited:
I have had these for about two months now and am quite pleased, I have a 174 and a 167 in the bag and they are working well for me. I have been suprised several times by how far I have pushed these out on throws that looked like a short hyzer stall. I dont think that they are near as OS as a pd2 but there is a big gap in D between these and the pd (which I throw)

I've been throwing my pair of 174's for about a month, everywhere from Scottsdale, Arizona to Toronto, Ontario and love the disc. At altitude the disc is an awesome glidey hyzer disc. It doesn't flip a tonne like a rip on a destroyer might. Closer to sea-level its a great disc to hyzer-flip into a head wind for max d. It's definitely not flip-resistant at lower altitudes, throw it hard enough and it'll give, but it is definitely a bit more overstable than the star xcals I was throwing in this slot beforehand (IMO).