• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] World

I've been using the World a lot. Believe it or not it kicked the Villain and the Giant out of my bag.

I was throwing Villain->Giant -> Stiletto.

But now I just carry World Stiletto and throw a trident if I need something to fade.

I've been pushing the World past 400' consistently on FH's. This disc is awesome. It's very speed stable, so if you aren't throwing it past 330-350 it's going to fly like a meathook. however, if you throw it 375+ it starts to really flex and have a crazy long flight path.

This disc is such easy distance for me. I had a very reasonable shot at a 3 on a 900' hole the other day. The world flies like a Giant long, meaning it has the fade of a giant but it will give you a little more turn and fly for longer. But the harsh skip at the end makes it incredible for distance lines and line shaping.

I dropped giants for the world.

Reminds me of a boss with extra glide. Not a true wind fighter but can handle 10-15mph winds.

I've got a D1 to handle big winds that need to finish left but I've recently found the World getting more D with decent HSS and a little less dumping fade. Into a 15mph headwind today, my fresh VIP World held a laser straight low line for 70% of the flight with less than 20' fade as it slowed on a 380' throw. The HSS is very reassuring and I'm certain 400' headwind flex shots are there once I get more confidence.

Boss is a fair comparison and I'll agree with the extra glide probably due to less HSS. I've had fresh champ bosses that would not turn on a anny torque monkey throw and I've thrown other new bosses that needed a bit a hyzer to keep from flipping too much in slight headwinds. Mine is less than a week old and I'm estimating 13/4.5/-1/3. For folks with less than 400' power 13/4/-.5/3.5 so I guessing 13/5/-1.5/2.5 at 425'.

How fast do they lose their HSS... much quicker than D1s so far? Is the tourney plastic worth trying or is it tailwind only material?

Last edited:
I've been enjoying the World as well. Got a couple Opto 170 gram. I agree that it doesn't like a headwind, I had one turn and burn into a 15 mph wind. Probably just needed more hyzer though. But no wind/cross wind it's pretty awesome. Really straight to slight turn for me and moderate fade. I had a skip and chain out on at BRP 24 (335') when the wind was blowing in and from the right. Would have been damn pretty to see that stay in. I've been upping my max power to 400+ now so we will see how it does with a little more juice this week.

Havent really sifted through this thread to see if this topic has been covered, the question I have is, are the VIP Worlds more overstable than the TP? I have a TP that I use as my main distance driver that started out very overstable, but has lost stability with 40+ throws. I would like something to be like a longer Giant. Anyone have any insight to share? Thanks.

Havent really sifted through this thread to see if this topic has been covered, the question I have is, are the VIP Worlds more overstable than the TP? I have a TP that I use as my main distance driver that started out very overstable, but has lost stability with 40+ throws. I would like something to be like a longer Giant. Anyone have any insight to share? Thanks.

I have 4 newish VIP Worlds (166-174) and would say they are less overstable than a new VIP Giant. I honestly don't see the two molds as being very similar. The World is a super fast, relatively HSS disc with maximum distance potential once it wears in. Even the 174 will turn noticeably under a full flat rip into a 20mph headwind with minimal fade for me. The VIP Giant I've thrown was slower with little to no turn and more fade under the same conditions.

I've never thrown a TP World, but if the other Westside molds I've thrown in both plastics are any indication, a VIP World would probably be significantly more overstable than a TP World.

If you are looking for a longer Giant and are not fussy about manufacturer, you may want to check out the Prodigy 400s D1. I don't know what the production runs are like, but the proto and first run I have are very similar to a VIP Giant. In strong headwinds, the D1s hold up almost as well as the VIP Giant, but are a good 30' longer for me.

For the record, I'm loving the World. I just got back into DG last fall after a long time away and have been a RHBH dominant thrower since I was 14. I'm 43 now, and just started trying to throw FH for the 1st time in my life this past winter. Even with all the work I've put in, I was lucky to clip 300' on a FH with any disc. That all changed when I picked up a super flat white 166 VIP World. My very first FH throw with it sailed 10' off the ground on a laser straight line out to 350'. Subsequent throws produced similar results. That night, I ordered three more, despite my wife's protests. Apparently, buying a hundred discs in a few months is going overboard. :rolleyes:

BH, this is the fastest disc out of the hand I've ever thrown. It makes the Boss look downright sluggish on takeoff. Although I can easily get more distance out of understable discs like the Katana, King and D4, I can see the World wearing into a much more controllable and reliable monster distance disc down the road.

Weird I lost my VIP max weight opto world and replaced it with a 166g yellow TP and to and to my surprise that sucker is stable...considerably more stable than my max weight VIP was.
My goto is a star boss max weight and I can see the world beating into a boss with a touch more hss currently my boss is 50ft longer on a good pull but to be fair I have it dialed and the world is new to me. What Do you experienced world throwers experience as they beat in? Do they keep the hard left dump I am experiencing now? Do you sand the flashing off?

I have a 164 TP giant which when it was new was much more lss than the world however once it beat in a bit it lost allot of its lss and some of its hss. Totally unpredictable for me if I out any juice into it unlike when it was new when it was predictable. Yrmv
Gary

Last edited:
I got a few Worlds now. As they beat in they start turning a bit. My TP is about -1/3 and my Optos are still 0/4 to -.5/3.5. Two are 170 and one 169. I sanded off the flashing on mine as I do on all my discs. I figure it will wear off anyways so I don't want to like it with it on.

Would anyone say that this disc would have a similar flight path to a trespass with a power of about 375' on the average drive?

Would anyone say that this disc would have a similar flight path to a trespass with a power of about 375' on the average drive?

Straighter with a harder finish. They will turn some though.
They're a decent compliment to my trespasses. I'm pleasantly surprised by the 2 ~174 vip's I picked up... Not as OS as the numbers suggest.

World = +1 Faster, +.5 more HSS, and +1 more LSS

just my opinion...

Sounds good, but looks like you still primarily throw the Trespass? I don't think I would trade out my trespass because if it's not broken...why fix it kinda thing. I am gonna try the giant for long OS shots though, kind of a void in my bag.

Sounds good, but looks like you still primarily throw the Trespass? I don't think I would trade out my trespass because if it's not broken...why fix it kinda thing. I am gonna try the giant for long OS shots though, kind of a void in my bag.

I love the trespass far too much to let another driver replace it. I've been lucky enough to find fuzion trespasses that are OS at 400 power. So I have it all covered :)

I recently tested a pair of Worlds. Both VIP, a 174 opaque white and a translucent pink 167.

Both flew fast and long, but the stabilites were not what I expected. The white showed a fair bit of high speed turn, probably in the -1 to -1.3 range. The Pink was very nice, it flew real straight. It had HSS more like -.5. I could rip it low and hard with a slight hyzer and it would cruise about 400-415' dead straight then have some fade with a big skip.

Still working with them to see how they like being thrown, how they do in wind etc., but the pin one is promising. If I bagged the mold I'd just be worried about backups flying like the pink rather than the white, because I don't see much difference in dome, PLH etc. between the pair, so I don't know how I'd identify them unthrown.

If anyone wants I could post a 30-60 second vid of the better throws I filmed out in the field, but I don't have enough footage for a full test video yet.

Im hoping for a longer, slightly less os giant but still holds up in a headwind. That would give me more versatility in my distance drivers. My Trespass just goes too straight sometimes, not a bad problem to have, but my next step up is the giant which is almost too much on a calm day.

I'm testing the World right now also. Only 1, though. It's exactly what I was expecting from a +1 HSS, but actually fades less than I expected from +4. I put them on anhyzer lines, and they fight out of it the whole way, then just fade a little harder. Somewhere around the HSS of my newer run Forces, and the LSS of my Nukes.

Id love to see a vid. Ive been throwing them since the pre-release and my most worn one is bombing now. I have good luck with these in the wind even in the 160's...

Nice vid Mike - definitely looked like 2 different molds there.