• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] World

Neither are nearly as stable as my 169g VIP. Not that you're not throwing farther than me (not sure how far that was), but mine fights out of anhyzer the whole flight (~400')

I gripped one at my local shop today - they had the frost, elasto, and DD new discs in today. Very nice, but the difference between these and regular opto is less then the difference between star and gstar.

I gripped one at my local shop today - they had the frost, elasto, and DD new discs in today. Very nice, but the difference between these and regular opto is less then the difference between star and gstar.

My Elasto World showed up, nice dome to it and high PLH. Plastic is superb. Not too flexy like GStar but even grippier. Now they need to start making more molds in this fantastic blend, I'm a big fan. :thmbup:

less stable?

much more stable. Definitely not less stable. It's more OS than my beefiest VIP was.

These came out amazing. It definitely feels like a gummy VIP as opposed to a completely different blend. Mine absolutely crushes.

much more stable. Definitely not less stable. It's more OS than my beefiest VIP was.

These came out amazing. It definitely feels like a gummy VIP as opposed to a completely different blend. Mine absolutely crushes.

That doesn't surprise me with the higher PLH and dome. Yeah the one I have is a 169g and just perfect, plastic is grippy but not floppy at all. Nice dome to it with perfect feel, can't wait to rip into it.

That doesn't surprise me with the higher PLH and dome. Yeah the one I have is a 169g and just perfect, plastic is grippy but not floppy at all. Nice dome to it with perfect feel, can't wait to rip into it.

To give you some idea,

For max D Drives I use

175 Elasto Giant (pure beef)
173 TP (old Matte) Giant - been beating this in for 2ish years now

175 Elasto World
173 VIP World

If I just want distance and I don't want to worry about the disc turning over but I also don't want a rainbow skip, it's the Elasto all the way. If I want a long slow flex shot for maximum distance, it's the VIP. If I want a long distance shot but some fade at the end it's the TP giant, if I want the pure beef, it's the Elasto Giant.

It really is a very nice spread of distance drivers. For reference, I carry a PD and a Havoc for shorter more controlled shots, I keep these for truly long shots.

I was looking at a red elasto giant on DDGA and decided against buying one blind because I want a beefier giant than my VIP (but opaque and almost feels TP). Now I am hearing elasto is beefiest I want it.

All the threads comparing Frost, Elasto, etc. all agree that they are beefier than normal VIP or Opto.

I threw a World for the first time the other day and it is fast. In Elasto and VIP (Irc). They did not seem to fly like the numbers stated, it says it has a +1 hss. I don't have the biggest arm (I do fine tho) and they flew very straight for maybe 350' and then had a solid forward fade of maybe 50 ft or so and then a gigantic skip (over the basket).

Anyone else feel the flight numbers are off and the World is not as
OS as stated? I really liked the disc and it held up perfect in the wind, no question about that. I'll probably get one and try it out more, I really liked it.

Westside discs are almost never as hss as the numbers. It definitely flies like a 0 turn, not +1 by more conventional numbers.

Westside discs are almost never as hss as the numbers. It definitely flies like a 0 turn, not +1 by more conventional numbers.

how does the world compare to the enforcer for forehand?
why do you carry both?

I'm guessing the enforcer is much more OS?
which has more glide? which is faster?

The World is faster and has more glide, the Enforcer has more fade. I have a VIP World in 175 that I rotate with a high PLH Z Crank. The World is less overstable than advertised, i would rate it a 0, 3.5 instead of the 1, 4 on the disc. Enforcer could be compared to a Giant.

how does the world compare to the enforcer for forehand?
why do you carry both?

I'm guessing the enforcer is much more OS?
which has more glide? which is faster?

To be honest, although the numbers may say otherwise, these discs aren't even in the same category. The most OS world I've thrown is still leagues less OS than the least OS enforcer I've thrown.

The enforcer flies like a true OS disc, not a ton of glide, kinda dumps out. The world flies very far and definitely has more turn than an enforcer. It's also significantly faster.

ok cool, that might interest me.
I have two lighter enforcers and god they're beefy. definitely dumpy out of the sky at the end of flight.