• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worlds updates

I sooooo wanna say I'm tired of all this MJ talk, but I won't:) I'll just say this, he won't be on top when it's all said and done.

Them's some purty brave words, pardner. Whatcha say we have us-selves a little showdown.

Oh wait. We've already got one! I hope MJ pulls through.

(on a side note, I can say I'm satisfied that Will Snubsterick is looking less and less likely...I've been snubbed the last two times I've returned a disc. It sucks to go through the trouble just to hear, "oh, sweet. Thanks bro.")

Melynda Apton, 2011 Am world champ is in 5th place, beating elaine, des, stanhope, Liz, Paige....and is still has yet to be offered a sponsorship from a major disc company WTF!!!

^This!! She's only been playing a few years, but is a really solid player. Her father knows his dg, and has really turned her into a threat on the course. Having said that, she's a complete sweetheart in person. Why she isn't sponsored is beyond me.

Sorry to go off topic, but does anybody know what is up with the sound on dgptv?........

long story short is a guy on dgcr found one of will's putters that he left behind during a practice round. The dgcr guys drove a decent distance out of his way to return the disc to will. some could call him a fanboy, but i thought it was a really solid gesture to return the disc. will didnt say thank you and snubbed the dgcr guy. . .not really that big of a deal, but still a thank you instead of "ive been looking for that" and then walk away is a bit more professional and reasonable - side - will did have a poor round for his standards so he was prolly a bit po'd

for anyone watching the FPO round today, didn't that course seem very very basic (at least for a worlds)? and a 50 is 1000 on that super short par 55 layout? looks can be deceiving, but it looks like a 47/48 imo to scratch 1000

I think i am just an idiot the total scores are the same. It was the totals that was throwing me off on the pop score.

for anyone watching the FPO round today, didn't that course seem very very basic (at least for a worlds)? and a 50 is 1000 on that super short par 55 layout? looks can be deceiving, but it looks like a 47/48 imo to scratch 1000

49 was a 1009. So a 50 would probably be just shy of 1000 rated.

It's wooded with OB that can be hard enough.

Check out Cam Colglazier's PDGA #. Crazy how high it is compared to those directly around him. 9000 spots over Wysoki's who is a younger player himself.

Only 1 player in Open has a higher # and he is over 50 strokes off the lead.

Apfaff (formerly bmxcrazekid) is up to second in juniors under 16 representing spotsy and dgcr- gained 10 strokes on the lead today and is now 6 back.

Jesus have you guys looked at the grandmasters. Those guys are tearing it up also.

Code:
		Jay Gobrecht	
pdga #:14268		
rating:980	
score rating
47	1025	
47	1028	
48	1050	
51	1036	
52	1025

Pretty interesting leader board right now. Kinda surprising to see GG, Cameron, and Seppo in the hunt for top 10 finishes. Hopefully Cale kills it the next couple days and bring the title to MN but it'd be nice to see MJ get it too. I'd be surprised if McBeth or Will doesn't win, but on these technical NC courses anything can happen...

Good stuff!

Latest posts