• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

• Total voters
He's not giving them a bad name. That's a fair assessment. Why make a disc that 100s of people will buy when you can make one 1000s will buy, especially when you're still filling out your lineup?

Inserting dollar signs throughout his comment is an attempt to give them a bad name. It speaks of their motivation as a company, something that buyers are good at sensing.

crave/servo... done'

hell switch with a little hyzer too for that matter.

OverYourHead.PNG

Inserting dollar signs throughout his comment is an attempt to give them a bad name. It speaks of their motivation as a company, something that buyers are good at sensing.

You crazy if you don't think the brothers love $.
Good Morning Honey! :D

But Aim, this is disc golf. Companies are supposed to put out products at a loss or else they are evil sellouts! :|

Oh my goodness, a company in America focused on money? I've got some news for you. Every disc company's motivated by making money. They may also love the game, but they're not in the business of selling discs to lose money. If anything, making molds to satisfy the large majority of their customers/grab new customers instead of the products their long time supporters are crying for makes them the exact opposite of what you're claiming.

They have their own business plan (money), and they're executing it well enough to grow like a weed. It seems like they're fine with losing an in4d or nolan (long time supporters) by not releasing certain molds in a different plastic or releasing a new baseline plastic because they'll get ten new customers with the next driver release. Loyalty or money? Looks like money wins.

That in no way gives MVP a bad name. That makes them smart businessmen who are worried about ensuring their future is bright. There's nothing wrong with that.

Basically--

...we have made some changes in policy of our wholesale program to protect our dealers. We are no longer accepting wholesale orders from individuals direct...

Last edited:
I haven't rejigged that language yet but yes, individuals are being turned away now for wholesale orders. The few that were grandfathered in do the equivalent volume of a small shop.

aim and asc, just curious do you guys work for MVP?
u seem very sensitive.

I have one just like this two piece AMF Voit large lid like an Ultrastar. All green and the flight plate is really stiff and translucent. Had a Mosehead beer sticker on that I peeled off. With a little silicone spray, it was a great freestyle disc. Indestructible but a little heavy. It's in storage somewhere. I'll try to find it and weigh and photograph it. Whammy made a couple like this too. The flight plates were a little smaller and thin and flexy. Insane for freestyling. One was called a Spectra.

^^^ They've got one of those AMF Voit lids for study at HQ, pretty neat disc. I didn't throw that one but I took them an overly gyroscopic lid to test... that thing is the finest lid I ever threw.

Latest posts