• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

just played my first tourney of the year. Wraiths were my go to disc on about 70%. My pro wraith was a work horse. Other 30" was split with thunderbird and leo3. Just picked up a ecostar to mess with this week

Been tinkering with a more Wraith orientated bag theme for the upcoming season. I decided to take a chance on a Champion Wraith and did some wind testing yesterday out on the course. As suspected, a heavy Champ will be beefy enough to justify carrying it in my OS Wraith slot.

There really are quite a wide range of shots I'm able to reach with this mold. The new arrangement of primarily 4 Wraiths in one form or another should help reduce the mold count by 2 or 3, making my personal goal of 7-8 molds total much more manageable. Goodbye bag clutter, hello course pillaging! :thmbup:

I have a domey champion metal flake Wraith that has a bit of turn, still with the normal amount of finish, and with noticeably MORE glide than my other Wraiths (or, other discs, in general). It's probably the longest disc in my bag. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I do find Champ Wraiths have added glide, especially compared to Star.

I tend to use a heavy high PLH Star Wraith for the OS slot. Major beef, great wind fighter. Pro Wraiths in various stages for everything else.

I have a domey champion metal flake Wraith that has a bit of turn, still with the normal amount of finish, and with noticeably MORE glide than my other Wraiths (or, other discs, in general). It's probably the longest disc in my bag. Anyone else have similar experiences?

What weight??

How do you all like your wraiths? Board flat? Domey?

I like mine right in that middle ground. The plate should have some curve to it, but nothing that I would call domey.

I haven't gotten a hold of a metal flake Wraith just yet. Every time I look for one on Ebay they are all dark colors. I only buy neon, easter egg, 80's hair metal band colored discs.

My blizzard Wraiths (158-160g) all have nice pop-top domes and they glide forever. Absolutely the longest discs I've used for BH. My longest Wraiths for FH have always been flat topped champion in the 167-170 range. The flatter ones just responds to my monster FH power.

Regular throwers, flippy to over stable I prefer slight dome, no pop top stuff. For FH I have a flat top wraith that holds my power well. I also use it for worm burner slip shots. I just started throwing a Tern...and have to say I can reach out and touch some things with it, I may have to rethink my bag again.

I just started throwing a Tern...and have to say I can reach out and touch some things with it, I may have to rethink my bag again.

Oh, they bomb all right. My problem with Terns is that I just couldn't get a decent grip on them. They felt too thin like there just wasn't enough space to get my finger pads into them.

I do find Champ Wraiths have added glide, especially compared to Star.

I tend to use a heavy high PLH Star Wraith for the OS slot. Major beef, great wind fighter. Pro Wraiths in various stages for everything else.

I have a pro Wraith that is a total beef cake that I've been waiting to break in for a near now. :\

I have a pro Wraith that is a total beef cake that I've been waiting to break in for a near now. :\

i feel ya. i probably will add a dx wraith back to the bag since my pro from last year hasn't broken in to where i'd like it.

the recent factory second heavy pros also are pretty beefy and indestructible. great star-like blend

Same here with the pro wraith. I feel like I can beat a gstar one in faster then the current pro plastic. Really wondering about my ecostar on how that one is. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet and give it a try.

Same here with the pro wraith. I feel like I can beat a gstar one in faster then the current pro plastic. Really wondering about my ecostar on how that one is. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet and give it a try.

Haha. It sounds like you and I did the same thing... I bought my pro and echostar at the same time thinking they pro was going to beat in quickly.

FWIW I saw my pro flip over last night for the first time. Of course it was into a howling head wind.

A stable Pro Wraith is a good thing. They tend to beat in fairly quickly. I had one that started out pretty beefy, but by the time I stopped using it it was flippy. No big hits or gouges in it either. Pro plastic just suddenly seems to lose stability.

Stars and Champions will maintain the same flight they start out at for a very, very long time.

Pros are longer though. Just be prepared for them to not last as long and get wild quicker.

A stable Pro Wraith is a good thing. They tend to beat in fairly quickly. I had one that started out pretty beefy, but by the time I stopped using it it was flippy. No big hits or gouges in it either. Pro plastic just suddenly seems to lose stability.

Stars and Champions will maintain the same flight they start out at for a very, very long time.

Pros are longer though. Just be prepared for them to not last as long and get wild quicker.

That's what I'm hoping for. Using it to start the cycle as I break in the gstar then star then champs kind of thing

I see a lot of people starting to sell those *BWR Wraiths that were on the factory store. Anyone here actually thrown one? The only description that every seller gives is that it is longer than a regular star Wraith. I call BS, sounds like they are just trying to get top dollar on the auction sites. I was hoping someone could give some first hand info.

I see a lot of people starting to sell those *BWR Wraiths that were on the factory store. Anyone here actually thrown one? The only description that every seller gives is that it is longer than a regular star Wraith. I call BS, sounds like they are just trying to get top dollar on the auction sites. I was hoping someone could give some first hand info.

Longer? I highly doubt it. I would like to hear how these are though, dome, stability and plastic.

Got to try out the ecostar wraith this weekend. Wow nice hyzer flipper out the gate. Parted a nice 350 foot hole inside a chicken coop this weekend for a tap in birdy.

As for *BWR I call bs on that one.

Latest posts