• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I'd vote for the DD also. I picked up an S and C line based on this thread.
I've been injured and out for a long time now, but at the time I was throwing right around 400'. On flat throws the Wraith was turning a bit and coming back, but I wasn't turning the DDs at all. Fade was probably pretty close.

I have one freak Star Wraith that lived in a BRP pond for a couple months. Flat, stiff, and high PLH, it flies more like a faster Firebird really. Fun utility disc, but nothing like any of the other Wraiths I've thrown.

So a DD is a Wraith without any turn? Does a DD have more or less fade than a Wraith?

For the most part, they don't have any turn.

Especially the C Lines and Stiff S Lines.

I used to carry a flat, stiff S Line for FH shots because it had no turn with a reliable fade.

If you want really beefy find a Sexton C Line DD.

Last edited:
I've been dabbling with the wraith again after a long hiatus. I was loving the tern, and trying to love the ddx, and realized I didn't like the shallow rim as much as I thought I did. So something a bit less stable than a destroyer with a more traditional rim brought me to the wraith. I snagged a star in the upper 160s and it's what I'm looking for, need to season it for a little bit though. Such a solid disc that gets overshadowed by the destroyer.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm also dabbling with the Tern and the DDX, but the flat profile and the wide rim is not my favorite at all. They go far, but the uncomfortable grip makes the accuracy very much hit and miss (no pun intended). I'd rather use a narrower rimmed, taller profile disc, even if it goes a little bit shorter than the Tern. I'm thinking about getting a Wraith or two. My shop only has heavy Wraiths except for Champions and I'm not that big on champion. They have some sweet looking yellow metal flakes with mini stamp, I'd be very much interested in learning how the Wraith flies in contemporary metal flake champion, supposedly metal flakes fly less stable than normal champion plastic these days

I've been dabbling with the wraith again after a long hiatus. I was loving the tern, and trying to love the ddx, and realized I didn't like the shallow rim as much as I thought I did. So something a bit less stable than a destroyer with a more traditional rim brought me to the wraith. I snagged a star in the upper 160s and it's what I'm looking for, need to season it for a little bit though. Such a solid disc that gets overshadowed by the destroyer.

You've said everything that needs to be said. I don't like those shallow high speed drivers either. Just can't get a consistent grip/release on them and they are useless on the FH. I can get a seasoned Pro Wraith out further than a Tern any day. :hfive:

You've said everything that needs to be said. I don't like those shallow high speed drivers either. Just can't get a consistent grip/release on them and they are useless on the FH. I can get a seasoned Pro Wraith out further than a Tern any day. :hfive:

I throw primarily forehand and have sausage fingers so the shallow rim doesn't work.

Well, I might have to try a dd after all of the recommendations. My new (field work and maybe 20 throws in round), max weight, star wraith has already lost its big fade.

Part of that is probably my form is improving, but my now 6ish year old pfn wraith has more fade.

I'm thinking c-line, but I have nothing to base discmania vs innova plastic. I throw star mostly (but s on have a hate for any plastic).

Well, I might have to try a dd after all of the recommendations. My new (field work and maybe 20 throws in round), max weight, star wraith has already lost its big fade.

Part of that is probably my form is improving, but my now 6ish year old pfn wraith has more fade.

I'm thinking c-line, but I have nothing to base discmania vs innova plastic. I throw star mostly (but s on have a hate for any plastic).

It's the same plastic. C line is champion, S line is star.

The Discmania pro shop does a good job of describing the differences between runs/ plastics if you are unsure.

Isn't she pretty?

Only got to throw it a couple times before it started to rain, but I tried to force it to turn over and succeed in throwing a huge anny flex line farther than my norm (but 75 feet to the left of my target). I think she is a keeper.

Attachments

• 20160907_214914.jpg
    20160907_214914.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 93
I'm up to 7 wraiths in my bag, plus the DD, and than I just got 4 more.

This is turning into a problem. I really need to back some out of my bag.

Magellan bag. If I threw a different one for each hole on my normal course I throw a driver on I wouldn't even use all 7.

Is anyone still bagging those *BWRs? I am wondering how they are holding up. Also, has anybody seen the old silver Star Wraiths from 2006? They seem much harder to find than the golds. Last thing, anyone ever seen a Peter Shive stamped Star Wraith.

The new glow champ wraith is a nice sub-12 meat hook. Do heartily endorse.

Stiff but gummy champ feel that flies nicer than 90℅ of P WR I've thrown.

Latest posts