• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

The new glow champ wraith is a nice sub-12 meat hook. Do heartily endorse.

Stiff but gummy champ feel that flies nicer than 90℅ of P WR I've thrown.

The production Innova Glow Champion series is a great thing. So glad to see they added the Wraith.

Do you think the current CFR glow Wraiths are from the same run as the new production ones? I'm just not in love with the stamp.

Finally got my Wraith cycle running. Pro then eco not far behind and a fresh eco to compliment. Pro plastic was being a pain to get to the sweat spot.

^^ have you tried a gstar? I have one and throw it maybe 380' max(more like 350-360 regularly) and it is fairly US. Tried throwing it into a head wind and it flipped into a roller. Usually it's like a longer Valk for me and holds lines well. I absolutely love that disc. Haven't tried any other plastics tho

yeah I bagged a gstar also. first one I started with. wanted the extra glide of the pro so it was kind of the first step on getting the cycle started.

stability when I started out was gstar-pro-ecostar-champ-beefy star

have it to pro-ecostar-ecostar fresh and will be adding a champ again when I place a new order (lost her two weeks ago) Dropped the stupper over stabe star in favor of a stock destroyer.

MGA im maxing out to about what you are on both my backhand and forehand. seems like I can hit all the lines I need with it and just have to pair something like a road runner for the true long understable shots I don't want to flip out.

feels great to just have everything the same in the hand.

yeah I bagged a gstar also. first one I started with. wanted the extra glide of the pro so it was kind of the first step on getting the cycle started.

stability when I started out was gstar-pro-ecostar-champ-beefy star

have it to pro-ecostar-ecostar fresh and will be adding a champ again when I place a new order (lost her two weeks ago) Dropped the stupper over stabe star in favor of a stock destroyer.

MGA im maxing out to about what you are on both my backhand and forehand. seems like I can hit all the lines I need with it and just have to pair something like a road runner for the true long understable shots I don't want to flip out.

feels great to just have everything the same in the hand.
Swap out the destroyer for a dd and they all will. GO back a few pages in this thread and you'll see I had the same dilemma.

Tried the DD stuff not to long ago. It was ok felt that the Destroyer was a better option. Easier to get and did the same thing as the DD at my arm speed.

The new glow champ wraith is a nice sub-12 meat hook. Do heartily endorse.

Stiff but gummy champ feel that flies nicer than 90℅ of P WR I've thrown.

Good to know. I've been looking to stock up on OS wraiths to eventually replace some old *WR x-outs that have been absolute hogs for me.

How do the glow champs compare with bottom stamp star in terms of overstability? Dome?

Good to know. I've been looking to stock up on OS wraiths to eventually replace some old *WR x-outs that have been absolute hogs for me.

How do the glow champs compare with bottom stamp star in terms of overstability? Dome?

Way less dome than my echo star. Maybe not as dinner-plate flat as some ch wraiths come out but certainly less than my echostar.

Dome levels of my wraiths:
Echo star > pro > star patent no > glow ch > any older ch or dinner plates in general.

Flies really close to what my patent no champ does just without the decade of stability loss.

Tried to edit it in but I added I throw the glow champ on straights over 250' that finish left because I love how the champ glide and gummy glow make for butter rips and the echo star or pfn star for all other bombs depending on line.

Since despite that I keep buying wraiths hoping to find one that is oddly OS and can't, and I lost my dd today, I'm going to have to bag a destroyer for headwinds and big fades. Bah. I have never clicked with the destroyer. I might just put in a boss.

Only yellow one I've seen in town is 166g or something like that. I have my doubts on it.

Here is a question for anyone that's bought a wraith lately. this season I've purchased 6 new wraiths, 5 I have thrown. One 175 started out with a little beef, but after a handful of rounds it broke in to a nice rather straight flight with a normal fade out at the end. Another star 175 that started right out at the pretty straight and never changed, a star 170 that started right in that straight spot, but hasn't been in the bag long, a star 167 that is refusing to beat in to be a bit turnover without a headwind, and two pros at 173 that have a little more turn than the stars, but better fade.
Question ia, anyone else experienceing wraiths beating in fast out of fading hard, but than seemingly stop beating in? Or starting with minimal fade and staying that way?

I might be over thinking this, but it just seems to me like I have 5 discs that are at different wear points and weights that all preform the same shot.

I have an 11 speed arm and the Wraith is perfect for me. I cycle DX plastic Wraith's in different weights (160-175g), plus one blizzard for water holes - it floats.

I have an 11 speed arm

:hfive:

Right there with ya. I think most players are 11 speed players or slower really. Anyways I've got a bottom stamp Star Wraith (175g) that is just so beefy still after hitting trees for over a year now. Are bottom stamps always this way?

Thinking about going all in on wraiths. What's the way to go with current production runs (or easy to get) if I want 3-4 to cover distance drives?

Glow champ
MF champ
Champ
Bottom stamp star
Star
Echo
Pro

I'm currently running a bottom stamp star, star, echo trio and it's working great. I really enjoy getting the same shots I got from destroyers for years, with a good drop in power requirement, using wraiths. Only lost 10-20 feet of distance if any. I am going back and forth between a Z Force (strangely not that OS at 172 grams) and a Glow Champ Wraith for that headwind distance slot. Still needed so far as I have yet to find a crazy beefy wraith in my year of looking. That's kind of what I like vs the destro tho haha.

Thinking about going all in on wraiths. What's the way to go with current production runs (or easy to get) if I want 3-4 to cover distance drives?

Glow champ
MF champ
Champ
Bottom stamp star
Star
Echo
Pro

It's preferance, really. I like the feel of a old pro, but hate them new. So a pro from a used bin is what I like for my us driver.

I use star for all of my main drives. Champ is a bit more os, glow is supposed to be even a little more os.

If you are going to get three I suggest a star, champ, and a pro. Get them in the same weight and see what you like.

Latest posts