• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I really wish I could find more info on this possible wraith retool. Id like to know if I should be buying as many as I can or not...

I really wish I could find more info on this possible wraith retool. Id like to know if I should be buying as many as I can or not...

What is this gobbledeegook? They're going to make it more OS like they did with the Beast?

What is this gobbledeegook? They're going to make it more OS like they did with the Beast?

Basically the info I've found is that innova may blunt the edge of all of their discs for safety and the wraith is one model they have already made a prototype of.

Go back to last page post by hyzer ale.

Basically the info I've found is that innova may blunt the edge of all of their discs for safety and the wraith is one model they have already made a prototype of.

Go back to last page post by hyzer ale.

Are you kidding me?! Wide-rimmed drivers with blunt edge will fly like crap. Is this PDGA safety driven, with Innova as guinea pig? If so, better hold onto all my old drivers. :sick:

They're not talking about gator-esque blunt edges, just a little more blunt. Probably won't even have much of an effect on its flight

Dave Dunipace discusses the blunt Wraiths in the last AMA video. He said the mold modification is minimal and it is a safety feature that could be seen on drivers in the future. This sounds like a move to help protect Innova from lawsuits. On a side note, most that I have talked too said the blunt Wraiths actually fly a little better!

Dave Dunipace discusses the blunt Wraiths in the last AMA video. He said the mold modification is minimal and it is a safety feature that could be seen on drivers in the future. This sounds like a move to help protect Innova from lawsuits. On a side note, most that I have talked too said the blunt Wraiths actually fly a little better!

Very true!

Are you kidding me?! Wide-rimmed drivers with blunt edge will fly like crap. Is this PDGA safety driven, with Innova as guinea pig? If so, better hold onto all my old drivers. :sick:

The blunt wraith goes very far, it is excellent, if they were easier to come by/less expensive to obtain I would be throwing my BWR all the time

Local pias had a wonderfully beat to s Pfn pro today. Oh how I've missed that wonderful old pro plastic, especially in a slot I've been filling with discs I'm not 100% on. Big hyzer release, immediately flips to flat and just sails. Im legitimately giddy.

This. And Innova has been pushing the PDGA to do this, not the other way around. Legal and safety reasons are understandable, and IMHO good reasons to do this.

I have a couple pro wraiths I bought this summer/newer run and its not that bad. For sure I love the old stuff but the new pro's got a nice feel to it.

I must be living under a rock? I haven't seen or read anything about blunt wraiths. Interesting.... Bags about 99% wraiths in a cycle. Any links to the run your talking about king?

I have a couple pro wraiths I bought this summer/newer run and its not that bad. For sure I love the old stuff but the new pro's got a nice feel to it.

The new pros I picked up when I lost my previous old run are oddly grippy. Best I can think is to call them g-pro. They fly fine in the field, just feel strange so I've been hesitant to use them in rounds.

The new pros I picked up when I lost my previous old run are oddly grippy. Best I can think is to call them g-pro. They fly fine in the field, just feel strange so I've been hesitant to use them in rounds.

Ill give you that they do have a touch more grip to them but after a little while/dirt they tend to fall into a sweet spot for tac

I had forgot the teerex existed. I used to carry one when they came out, but never replaced it. Saw one in pias and snagged it despite a solid gash in the rim. Dyed like the comedian's button from watchmen. Still plenty OS despite the wear. Than as I look up what there is available I see its oop. Drat...still plenty out there, but still a bummer. Might order a factory second.

The teerex thread is too old to bump and apparently the necro bump button is gone. Figured since they are basically the same mold I'd put this here.

It's too bad the Teerex is now OOP. It was a very underrated mold. Xcals aren't that much different though. Luckily I have almost 200 backup Teerexs stashed away. Wraiths are the only mold I have more of.

The Teerex was a good mold, but it got lost in the redundancy of the time. It's similar to the Max and the Xcal. I guess just not a ton of demand for an overstable speed 11 disc. The Starfire also falls into the same slot.

Didn't even realize that the Teerex had gone OOP! I don't know anyone that throws them, so I guess it makes sense.

I don't really think of the Teerex being like a Wraith, but I suppose some of the flatter and more OS wraiths might be close. Maybe a new champ glow, or a bottom stamped star?

Edit: Twmccoy beat me to the punch on the max & xcal!

Latest posts