• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Looks like the DD may be another Discmania rabbit hole based on the available selection of S line at DGC and Infinite. It's not one of their more popular molds and they can't even keep up with S PD or S FD demand.

C'mon Innova, give us some flat, firm Star Wraiths.

I wouldn't be surprised if the grand total of S-Line DD runs they've ever had is less than 3. It's not a very popular disc. They probably don't plan on running them again until they're about gone, and I also wouldn't be surprised if they go away.

Having said that, I think they're under-rated. Even the P-Line(only ones I've thrown) starts out with more HSS than any Wraith I've ever thrown, and the one I have has beaten in to that great beaten Teebird/PD type of flight where it just goes straight forever with a mild fade.

You probably have the answer I am seeking. What Wraith is the most oversyable across the board. Or is it just a use my common sense type of situation? TIA for your feedback.

I appreciate your trust in my response.

I collected the many wraiths I've lost around 2008-2010. Flat star wraiths were the best. Champs flipped quicker but still had good fade.

I'm still searching for the flat overstable wraiths I like. I realized they are patent number molds last night when checking the reserves. (Yes I have new backups but I don't want to throw them til I have NEW new backups)

I would say flat topped high PLH Star are my favorite.

Good luck with your search. Every new one I've purchased has been true to the numbers (they used to be 11/5/0/3 imo). Not a bad thing cause they still bomb.

People say the S Line DD is the ticket. It is definitely overstable like I wanted. The domed profile is not really what I was looking for(current stock wraiths other than Gstar seem to have more dome than I want too).

In summation:
Flat top high PLH - they start as overstable distance and season usefully until you lose them years down the line. If you find more than you're looking for, let me know.

Flat top high PLH - they start as overstable distance and season usefully until you lose them years down the line. If you find more than you're looking for, let me know.

1000% this. I need 2-3 more of these as well.

The flattest Wraith I've had was far and away the flippiest Wraith I've ever had, too. Always thought the ones with more dome were the most stable...

I bought that flippy Star Wraith new at Sports Authority about 3-4 years ago, if that happens to be helpful info to anyone.

People looking for flat OS Wraiths: have you tried bottom stamp stars? I see a few on eBay for stock prices.

Not sure if all the runs are like this, but I had a swirly bubble gum pink one last year. It was about as flat as any Wraith I've seen (which is quite a few) and started out very OS. Was great for headwind and downhill drives. I had it a few months and it was just starting to season in to have a little flip, but was still very serviceable for OS duties.

Sadly--and stupidly--I left it on the course in a very easy to find spot. With no ink.

Anyway, it was around that time when I got my hands on one of the early run embossed flat dayglo Destroyers, which does just dandy in that slot. (If anyone has extra of THOSE, hit ME up!) (Sorry to jack the Wraith thread ;) )

People looking for flat OS Wraiths: have you tried bottom stamp stars? I see a few on eBay for stock prices.

Just got my first bottom stamp star last week. It's a new embossed run and it's domey and flexy. Pretty true to the -1/3 numbers off the shelf. My BH form has improved and I can appreciate the added turn and glide with the less OS runs but I prefer the more straight to fade flatties for FH.

I have some extra flatties. That run was stamped with three different variations. PFN 12x Kenny, 12 Speed flight numbers, and current 11 speed flight numbers. They are all from the same run with patent numbers and super OS.

I have some extra flatties. That run was stamped with three different variations. PFN 12x Kenny, 12 Speed flight numbers, and current 11 speed flight numbers. They are all from the same run with patent numbers and super OS.

Are you interested in trading them or just tormenting us ?

There were some stamped with 12 Speed flight numbers?? I didn't know such a thing existed. Would be interested to see some photos of such a stamp.

Here is a very rare black one. I sold the rest of my 12 speed stamps. The other colors went for $50+ but I wouldn't take less than $100 for by black.

Attachments

• 20170512_164556.jpg
    20170512_164556.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
There were some stamped with 12 Speed flight numbers?? I didn't know such a thing existed. Would be interested to see some photos of such a stamp.

Here's one:

*of course it's upside down. Curse you right handed world!

Attachments

• F8A6A98D-4C30-4E44-8666-BB836410552E.jpg
    F8A6A98D-4C30-4E44-8666-BB836410552E.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 58
Great pictures! Thanks much. Just one more thing to look for next time I'm shuffling through used disc bins.

Grabbed myself a DD. great OS "wraith" only now I'm sad because of the supply and demand issue woth Discmania and Ive fallen into the hole. I want to try the FD3 also. Bummer but I'll be searching for/stocking up on the DD. And hunting down wriaths new and used.

Latest posts