• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I like them flattish but I also throw a lot of FH. I wouldn't give up on champ, I have a 167g with a little dome that's beefy but workable. Personally I don't think there's a magic Wraith run, I have probably 15 in all plastics and they run the gamut. The one PFN star I have is pretty flippy but it's also pretty beat.

A fella that's willing to buy 20 of the same mid shouldn't sweat grabbing a few Wraiths here and there if you like them. I'm old so I have no desire to try any drivers higher speed than Wraiths. I guess I can consider it if I ever start throwing them over 400'.

Good point. Also I jave no reservations about buying as many of the wraith as tickles my fancy at any time jusy like with my mids. Ive just recently taken a liking to carousing used bins and finding beautiful little gems in there vs buying everything brand new all the time. Especially sonce now im cycling discs and the same is my goal with wraiths. Also you and I share the same views in moing up in speed i had cranks and terns in the beginning then got some sage advice i was throwing only nine speeds for a while so the wraith js my reintroduction to real distance drivers. Also, they feel fantastic in my hand.

Good point. Also I jave no reservations about buying as many of the wraith as tickles my fancy at any time jusy like with my mids. Ive just recently taken a liking to carousing used bins and finding beautiful little gems in there vs buying everything brand new all the time. Especially sonce now im cycling discs and the same is my goal with wraiths. Also you and I share the same views in moing up in speed i had cranks and terns in the beginning then got some sage advice i was throwing only nine speeds for a while so the wraith js my reintroduction to real distance drivers. Also, they feel fantastic in my hand.

A big part of feel for me is rim width, especially for BH. I have average size hands but just don't like power gripping wide rimmed drivers. I have a Shryke that I occasionally take out to the field and have tried a pro Destroyer and blizzard Boss. Just don't dig the feel of wider rims. I max about 350', BH and FH with the Wraith and only lose about 20' when I go to my PDs. I like the smaller rim on the PD and throw them more than the Wraith.

At 56 years old and 2 years into the game, I'll be well pleased if I can throw a Wraith to the flight numbers shown on Infinite to 420'. I still have plenty of form issues I can improve on.

I found a Gstar wraith, max weight, no ink,with a higher PLH than the current 172g I bag. The found disc is more overstable, as I expected. Equal, in fact, to the max weight, almost new Star Wraith that I carry. None are what I consider "overstable" Wraiths.

My question is:

Can I expect a higher PLH Gstar Wraith to be more overstable than a lower PLH Star? My sample of one each does not give me enough data.

Ps: the found wraith and bagged Star are essentially equal PLH.

Last edited:
I found a Gstar wraith, max weight, no ink,with a higher PLH than the current 172g I bag. The found disc is more overstable, as I expected. Equal, in fact, to the max weight, almost new Star Wraith that I carry. None are what I consider "overstable" Wraiths.

My question is:

Can I expect a higher PLH Gstar Wraith to be more overstable than a lower PLH Star? My sample of one each does not give me enough data.

Yup. With same mold but higher PLH it is safe to expect it to be more OS.

Traded for a new embossed bottom stamp Star Wraith at PIAS, 172g with some dome and flexy plastic. Pretty true to -1/3 flight numbers off the shelf, definitely flexing out a bit with solid fade. Should be a nice max D disc for me.

Checked dome and plh on quite a few star and champions and they were pretty consistent. Haven't seen a flat, firm Wraith on a shelf in quite a while. Wonder if they are a thing of the past.

I got a newer run of a bottom stamp * wraith that is super flat. It's not super OS though, just less glidey. I also have an older patent # 12 kenny wraith that is a puddle top and definitely my most overstable least glidey wraith.

Weirdly the tooling on the bottom of the newer star just says innova and their website, no location.

I got a newer run of a bottom stamp * wraith that is super flat. It's not super OS though, just less glidey. I also have an older patent # 12 kenny wraith that is a puddle top and definitely my most overstable least glidey wraith.

Weirdly the tooling on the bottom of the newer star just says innova and their website, no location.

Ha, thus the enigma of Innova and Wraiths. I have one patent # star I picked up used, kinda moderate dome that's been beat pretty flippy. I have a couple flat star in the 170g range that I prefer for FH, one has had a little turn and glide beat into it, the other is more straight to fade.

Same tooling on my new bottom stamp.

Both of my bottom stamped embossed and 12 time stamped embossed Wraiths have the website. Weird

Don't know if this has already been touched, but the swirly kenny wraiths are super beef. the beefiest I've thrown. they are also difficult to find. do with that what you will.

My question is:

Yeah PLH in the same mold should be the teller, regardless of plastic IME. Then it goes to which one is more beat in. If both are fresh, I would expect the Gstar influence to allow the disc to hold a turn a bit more, or to be a little more prone to torque on a bad throw. I find they are just a little more mellow in how they turn and hook up to fade, even if they want to be overstable. I bet they will beat in a little different too. I don't think I've had the chance to throw Gstar vs. Star of the exact same PLH and wing shape.

Thanks people. I am on the lookout for flatter wraiths with a higher PLH than the ones I currently have. Star or Gstar. I've got one new "12" speed Star wraith from years ago that I know is gonna be the overstable one but without replacements I'm reluctant to throw it.

The wraith is my distance driver of choice. Destroyers never gave me any added benefits and I can put the Wraith out to 450. Used to be closer to 500 but injuries to my throwing shoulder and right ankle and general getting older have hampered my capabilities.

Thanks people. I am on the lookout for flatter wraiths with a higher PLH than the ones I currently have. Star or Gstar. I've got one new "12" speed Star wraith from years ago that I know is gonna be the overstable one but without replacements I'm reluctant to throw it.

The wraith is my distance driver of choice. Destroyers never gave me any added benefits and I can put the Wraith out to 450. Used to be closer to 500 but injuries to my throwing shoulder and right ankle and general getting older have hampered my capabilities.

I don't know your preferences, but why not just champ Wraiths? I know that's not the normal thing with Destroyers, but I know I guy who cycled Wraiths and would use fresh champ ones as his 0/3 to -0.5/3 type of drivers...they certainly flew better than champ Destroyers. I don't see many Champ Wraiths out there, but when he threw them they weren't glideless turds and they also were pretty stable. This was a while ago so I don't know if they are always more stable than Star, like in most Innova molds.

I don't know your preferences, but why not just champ Wraiths? I know that's not the normal thing with Destroyers, but I know I guy who cycled Wraiths and would use fresh champ ones as his 0/3 to -0.5/3 type of drivers...they certainly flew better than champ Destroyers. I don't see many Champ Wraiths out there, but when he threw them they weren't glideless turds and they also were pretty stable. This was a while ago so I don't know if they are always more stable than Star, like in most Innova molds.

The champ wraiths I've thrown we're never glide-less for me either. I have a few still. Champs had more high speed turn than the stars I preferred. Perhaps I never had a large enough stock to compare.

I love flippy Wraiths. I love hyzer flip to straight to fade Wraiths. I just can't seem to find the rip flat to straight to fade ones that used to be all of them, or so I thought. I have used them as my distance driver for the last 10 years.

I have three wraiths I recently began using. (All used) the champion Wraith is my flippiest driver. Its funny because thrown flat it flexes and comes back. With anny it can come back a little or hold depending on the situation. On hyzer it stands up rides way out then it fades just as you'd expect. All PLH are the same on my wraiths (maybe the pro is a bit different just because of the overall difference in shape but relatively speaking it's the same) I think that the champ looks the most used of the lot so thats probably why. But I have heard that the champs do turn more in a scenario where a champ and a star are new. Love my wraiths.

The champ wraiths I've thrown we're never glide-less for me either. I have a few still. Champs had more high speed turn than the stars I preferred. Perhaps I never had a large enough stock to compare.

I love flippy Wraiths. I love hyzer flip to straight to fade Wraiths. I just can't seem to find the rip flat to straight to fade ones that used to be all of them, or so I thought. I have used them as my distance driver for the last 10 years.

You want a Discmania S-DD for that last shot you describe.

You probably have the answer I am seeking. What Wraith is the most oversyable across the board. Or is it just a use my common sense type of situation? TIA for your feedback.

Latest posts