• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I don't disagree with you. But what I'm saying is that if one throws a Wraith and Destroyer at the same power level (let's say 80%), how much less distance is a pro getting? If it's 100 ft., that's a point... but if it's less difference, and I suspect with those guys it is, and the pro finds the Wraith more comfortable or accurate (or both) to throw? Then the Wraith would make good sense.

I would agree with that. I think for me the difference between a Wraith and a D1 is ~ 15-20' or so and I don't know how well that scales.
Also an important note is the Destroyer is wider than listed specs in star (listed 2.2, mostly 2.3) so the Wraith is much more comfortable in terms of rim size (true 2.1)

I throw the Wraith in all plastics (except Metal Flake, which I can never find), including DX. They are hard to beat for most power levels.

I guess don;t have any of the new color glow Wraiths. Are they more stable or about like a regular champ? I would definitely consider a Martin Hendel or Madison Walker tour series.

I throw the Wraith in all plastics (except Metal Flake, which I can never find), including DX. They are hard to beat for most power levels.

I guess don;t have any of the new color glow Wraiths. Are they more stable or about like a regular champ? I would definitely consider a Martin Hendel or Madison Walker tour series.

The Walker is stiff swirly star and starts out nice, the Hendel is color glow and super beefy.

Seems like Wraiths have been pretty popular with the pros lately. Big Jerm FHs them, GG throws them and rolls them, and James Conrad seems to lean on them for backhand as well.

I'd like to see another run of the production Glow Champion Wraiths again. Beef you can count on.

Wraiths have always been my preference for distance... especially the Pro Wraiths.

Destroyers seem to have more options, though :(

I hope the new popularity of the Wraith makes them as big as the Destroyers!

Picked up a Marm-o, double stamp with a DX double Shark stamp over the top.

I have a pretty huge stack of those Wraith stamps... the Star Wraiths are bombers! I love that domey glide :) I just wish they had stamped some Pros along with the Champ and Stars. If I had thought about it in advance, I would have asked for it and they would have done it for me. DGU is great to work with :)

my friend traded me a newish run champ wraith

i dont know the specifics as i dont buy innova this wraith has the newer stamp slightly domey and stiff yet grippy

its beefy yet goes pretty damm far much moar distance with stability than a star destroyer which is just dumpy beef

its actually probably too os for me to want to lean on much but wind and hella os shots it will be great for

my friend traded me a newish run champ wraith

its beefy yet goes pretty damm far much moar distance with stability than a star destroyer which is just dumpy beef

its actually probably too os for me to want to lean on much but wind and hella os shots it will be great for

I like carrying a max weight Champion Wraith for OS FH's. I try not to throw it in the woods much too keep it really OS. The production Glow Champions were really nice to count on for that role. I hope they make more.

wind was moderate today

i needed some flare finished and some head wind shots

that jl like wraith i have is absolutely wonderful it cut thru the wind like a knife and had that innova champion skip

perfect amount of hss and lss while still gliding and moving forward

i dont use it often but im hella glad that its in my bag when i do need it

I have a pretty huge stack of those Wraith stamps... the Star Wraiths are bombers! I love that domey glide :) I just wish they had stamped some Pros along with the Champ and Stars. If I had thought about it in advance, I would have asked for it and they would have done it for me. DGU is great to work with :)

Ever feel like parting with one, let me know

;)

cross posted this to mvp thread i feel it completes the story tho for the wraith

mvp still sucks and i got an ace with my neutron volt today rhbh 230ft with about 40ft of guardian pine trees the route is hyzer line and have it skip hard towards the basket as soon as the pines start

then on round two my arm was feelin lethargic and i used my champ wraith same line and i aced that one too

wraith was the first disc mold i ever threw and the mold has been in and out of my bag since i started now i hit my first ace with it

How is the stability of G* Wraiths?

I've been messing with Speed 11 discs more lately as the weather get colder, and my Star is domey and beefy whereas my Pro is already starting to turn into an understable bomber. I'm curious if there's a Wraith right in the middle. I have some discs in other molds that fill that gap (Trespass, CD3) but I'd like to see how a Wraith flies at the workhorse stability level, rather than the bookend stabilities.

I've been messing with Speed 11 discs more lately as the weather get colder, and my Star is domey and beefy whereas my Pro is already starting to turn into an understable bomber. I'm curious if there's a Wraith right in the middle. I have some discs in other molds that fill that gap (Trespass, CD3) but I'd like to see how a Wraith flies at the workhorse stability level, rather than the bookend stabilities.

I haven't thrown a pro, but for me the gstar is noticeably less overstable than star. I can see how someone would think they overlap too much to carry both, but I like having both in the bag.

gstar starts off in the middle but really beats almost as quickly as pro