• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

One appealing thing with the Wraith is that i can get a wide spectrum from a domey 150g one to a flatter max weight
A 150-155g Blizzard Wraith seems to fit my arm, not to OS or to flippy

But i have just started to test lower weight disc. a new fun thing :)
But i do prefer the 20mm Rim of the Beast over the 21mm Wraith ( i have many speed 12 thats only 21mm )

Stupid question...

I see star wraith in weights from 148g to 175g in my webshop...how do they "cut" 27g from a disc without changing the shape?
Thinner flight plate or less plastic in the rim?

Stupid question...

I see star wraith in weights from 148g to 175g in my webshop...how do they "cut" 27g from a disc without changing the shape?
Thinner flight plate or less plastic in the rim?

Same mold, either less weighting agent or more bubbles.

Yeah. You end up with a really choppy star plastic full of air bubbles. I personally don't like lightweight star discs. They have a rough texture and look like they're made out of styrofoam.

I also think it ruins the integrity or point of a mold to have discs at 150g or below. They don't even fly close to their heavier counterparts.

Yeah. You end up with a really choppy star plastic full of air bubbles. I personally don't like lightweight star discs. They have a rough texture and look like they're made out of styrofoam.

I also think it ruins the integrity or point of a mold to have discs at 150g or below. They don't even fly close to their heavier counterparts.

So if I want a 150-160g one a Blizzard is better choice than a star?

So if I want a 150-160g one a Blizzard is better choice than a star?

With Innova, it's a roll of the dice. There are really bad Blizz discs out there, as far as texture and such, just as there are bad-texture lightweight Star discs. And then there are some of both that are a little bit better. And IMHO Innova has gotten worse over time with it.

Or even a different material. Some of the ultra lightweights don't feel at all like the other plastics. I have a 120g Polecat that feels like no other plastic. I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed some of this in with regular plastics to make them lighter overall.

With Innova, it's a roll of the dice. There are really bad Blizz discs out there, as far as texture and such, just as there are bad-texture lightweight Star discs. And then there are some of both that are a little bit better. And IMHO Innova has gotten worse over time with it.

The Blizzard discs i own are all a few years old and all are in the 150g range

most of them have a very odd texture from the bubbles, with a very sharp outer edge of "open bubbles"
But my Wraith is totally smooth and it has no bubbles in the flightplate and VERY few in the rim

The Blizzard discs i own are all a few years old and all are in the 150g range

most of them have a very odd texture from the bubbles, with a very sharp outer edge of "open bubbles"
But my Wraith is totally smooth and it has no bubbles in the flightplate and VERY few in the rim

They made a run of Wraiths with the bubbles in the flight plate, and I happened to get a Factory Second that was one of those. They flew great. :thmbup: But for whatever reason, Innova went to bubbles in the rim, creating those sharp outer edges and inconsistent flight characteristics.:thmbdown:

I recently traded for a 158g Blizzard Wraith. I was pleasantly surprised. It flies just like my 175g Star Wraith, just longer. And I actually really like the texture of the rim, as the Blizzard material seems to create some extra grip (almost like a really fine grade sandpaper).

My only previous experience with Blizzard plastic was a 130 class Boss that I bought when I was new to the sport. That soured me on lightweight bubbly discs. But clearly there's a big difference in the integrity of the flight and plastic when you're talking 130g vs 158g.

It's been a year or two since I bagged a lot of Wraiths, but I got an Augusta Wraith for xmas and just HAD to let it fly.

It's definitely in thrower condition, stamp wiped and well-used. But man, the plastic feels and looks great. It flies beautifully, at 60-70% power it flips easily but doesn't want to turn & burn. The fade is mild but dependable.

I had initially thought that it would be too close to my Destroyer and Shryke to earn a spot in the bag, but honestly it's closer to a mix between CD2 and Sidewinder because of how easily workable it is. So I think I'm going to keep throwing it! Just a sheer joy.

Last edited:
It's been a year or two since I bagged a lot of Wraiths, but I got an Augusta Wraith for xmas and just HAD to let it fly.

It's definitely in thrower condition, stamp wiped and well-used. But man, the plastic feels and looks great. It flies beautifully, at 60-70% power it flips easily but doesn't want to turn & burn. The fade is mild but dependable.

I had initially thought that it would be too close to my Destroyer and Shryke to earn a spot in the bag, but honestly it's closer to a mix between CD2 and Sidewinder because of how easily workable it is. So I think I'm going to keep throwing it! Just a sheer joy.

I used to bag a max weight Augusta CFR Wraith about 10 years ago. Great disc. Probably the best Wraith I own. Really mellow. Great glide, and it holds the high speed turn for a long time. Gradual fade too, not dumpy. This Wraith was easily capable of going over 400'. Probably the longest Wraith I've ever thrown. Definitely not as overstable as most star Wraiths.

My Augusta Wraith flies something like 11, 6, -1.5, 2. Really glidey with some decent high speed turn.

New personal best today 105m, this time with a 175g bottomstamp Star Wraith..which surprises me, never thought i could throw a 175g Star further than my 155g Blizzard one...but i did.

And the 175g bottomstamp Star Wraith was way less stable than i thought it would be. . a bottomstamp Destroyer is SUPER OS for me

I think a low 170 or a high 160g would be the sweetspot for me. . the 175g Star flew like 11, 5, 0, 1 for me. . would like a 11, 5, -1, 1 . . so a Star 167g might work

Looking at the lokal shops here in Sweden i can find:

Champ, Star, GStar, Champ Dyed, Star bottom stamp, MF Champ, Madison Star and Martin Hendel Color Glow Champ. .

Can anyone rank these ones in stability or is the Wraith similar no matter what plastic it´s in?

Champ, Star, GStar, Champ Dyed, Star bottom stamp, MF Champ, Madison Star and Martin Hendel Color Glow Champ. .

Can anyone rank these ones in stability or is the Wraith similar no matter what plastic it´s in?

lololol its innova

I have an Augusta and several 07 worlds CFR champ wraiths. I find they are similarly mellow. They work great for my forehands. Right at the point you think they will start to fade, they zip on forward another 30-40 feet and then have a mellow fade out, while still penetrating. Seriously the only discs I can forehand over 300.

Madison Walker Swirly Wraiths are pretty overstable relative to most wraiths. But the plastic on the discs is amazing. Grippy rubbery star. Definitely check them out!

I enjoy getting screwed over.

I'll happily pay more for special runs of plastic or cool stamps. I also buy the signature/tour series discs hoping that some of that extra money goes towards supporting a player's tour efforts.

Also, four or five bucks isn't a ton of money to me. If I can get a standard run disc for $15 or the same disc in a better plastic or with a cooler stamp for $20 I'll probably spend the extra $5.

Just buy stock runs. Don't let the manufactorers screw you over with their limited releases

I admit I'd pay a little extra if a stock disc had a really good appearance to it. Like a Z or Champion disc with a really good opaque flight plate in a good color. Sometimes there's a little price hike on eBay for something that just looks really good.

I try to stick to stock as much as possible but if I like a player that has a limited run of something I like it's ok to support them.