• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I haven't thrown a pro, but for me the gstar is noticeably less overstable than star. I can see how someone would think they overlap too much to carry both, but I like having both in the bag.

I like having options. If there's a noticeable difference then that's enough separation to make me interested.

The stars from like two years ago were less overstable than the current run.

Very true. New run is domier and OS. Akin to the 4x McBeth Destroyers.

Has anyone tried the Juliana Korver 9x stamped Wraiths? They look interesting. I'd like to get one from somewhere other than ebay though

Very true. New run is domier and OS. Akin to the 4x McBeth Destroyers.

Has anyone tried the Juliana Korver 9x stamped Wraiths? They look interesting. I'd like to get one from somewhere other than ebay though

Exactly. When you hear guys like Big Jerm saying that there's a new, "good" run of Wraiths means that the new run is OS. That might be good for a 600ft arm, but for most average players is going to be really quite os

New they fly like a well seasoned Star Wraith. I carry a G* and a fairly new Star Wraith in my bag. I haven't noticed any durability issues with G* plastic and my home course is riddled with large granite cliffs and such.

OK, I'm convinced! G* Wraith is going to be my next purchase.

Regarding the new runs, flatter stars aren't as OS as the domey ones and they aren't that hard to find. There are some new champions out there that are flat with a high plh and they are the most OS Wraiths I've ever thrown.

I've recently switched to Wraiths (realized that I shouldn't be chucking massive rim stuff, go figure) and in trying to start a cycle of these. Right now I have a domey C-Line DD(which is essentially a Wraith), and a nice flat new star Wraith. I have so much control with these over the wider rimmed stuff, and I'm not losing much if any distance.

My question is what would be a good understable 11 speed for my driver slot? Right now I have a Trespass in that spot, and I expect it to beat in quickly because that's what the Swedish plastic does. Does anyone have a better suggestion for this end of the cycle until my wraiths get beat enough to slot there?

I've recently switched to Wraiths (realized that I shouldn't be chucking massive rim stuff, go figure) and in trying to start a cycle of these. Right now I have a domey C-Line DD(which is essentially a Wraith), and a nice flat new star Wraith. I have so much control with these over the wider rimmed stuff, and I'm not losing much if any distance.

My question is what would be a good understable 11 speed for my driver slot? Right now I have a Trespass in that spot, and I expect it to beat in quickly because that's what the Swedish plastic does. Does anyone have a better suggestion for this end of the cycle until my wraiths get beat enough to slot there?

A Beast.

My question is what would be a good understable 11 speed for my driver slot?

Pro Wraith and a few tree hits is a good suggestion. Alternatively a Wave (Neutron or Plasma) pairs nicely with a Wraith.

Pro Wraith.

Or a Millennium Aries if you want premium plastic.

pro wraith

Another vote for Pro Wraith. I've had some before that had to meet a lot of trees before getting understable. There are some stable Pro Wraiths for sure but most will beat up in decent time.

Glad you noticed that speed 11 is as fast as you need to go. I forced myself to use a Destroyer/Tern combo for an entire year & when I went back to my Wraiths it was such a relief. The Wraith has always been my farthest flyer.

I carry a Champion & two Stars (one newer & one beat) to cover it.

Another vote for Pro Wraith. I've had some before that had to meet a lot of trees before getting understable. There are some stable Pro Wraiths for sure but most will beat up in decent time.

Glad you noticed that speed 11 is as fast as you need to go. I forced myself to use a Destroyer/Tern combo for an entire year & when I went back to my Wraiths it was such a relief. The Wraith has always been my farthest flyer.

I carry a Champion & two Stars (one newer & one beat) to cover it.

I can get the distance out of faster stuff but the overstable discs were inconsistent(sometimes I would get some distance and sometimes they would dump) and the understable discs were squirrelly.

Thanks for the Pro Wraith suggestion everyone, sounds like that's what I need. I used to have a Pro Thunderbird so I'm familiar with the plastic.

Also, for the Star Wraiths, are the domey ones more OS? My new smooth dome (probably flat for a wraith) 168 is very straight. I saw some pop top max weights at the store and the enormous dome just felt OS holding it. I prefer the flat discs for forehands, but just asking about those.

Also, for the Star Wraiths, are the domey ones more OS?
The dome determines the glide. More dome is more glide.
The PLH is a better indicator of the relative stability.
For my small sample of Zen Wraiths (20ish) the flat Champs are beeeeffffffffyyyyyy. I can barely get them out to 350'. The domey Stars are glidey and lovely. Easily 400+ for me, almost as long as my favorite Pro Wraiths. The beefy ones really kill the distance potential.

The dome determines the glide. More dome is more glide.
The PLH is a better indicator of the relative stability.
For my small sample of Zen Wraiths (20ish) the flat Champs are beeeeffffffffyyyyyy. I can barely get them out to 350'. The domey Stars are glidey and lovely. Easily 400+ for me, almost as long as my favorite Pro Wraiths. The beefy ones really kill the distance potential.

Hard for me that orders online to find "the domey ones"

Started last week to try some "low weight" drivers. . started with a Blizzard Beast 154g ( and a few others that i did not like)
At first i loved the Beasts but after some more testing it´s just a hair to flippy for me and my max 350' arm

So today i found a Blizzard Wraith with a big "heartbeat" dome ( very odd Blizzard plastic in this one, very few "bubbles" looks more like Champ plastic )

Really like the flight of this one. . nice glide and straight flight

Want to try some more and a saw that "My shop" had Wraiths in Star from 148g and up

Hard for me that orders online to find "the domey ones"

Started last week to try some "low weight" drivers. . started with a Blizzard Beast 154g ( and a few others that i did not like)
At first i loved the Beasts but after some more testing it´s just a hair to flippy for me and my max 350' arm

So today i found a Blizzard Wraith with a big "heartbeat" dome ( very odd Blizzard plastic in this one, very few "bubbles" looks more like Champ plastic )

Really like the flight of this one. . nice glide and straight flight

Want to try some more and a saw that "My shop" had Wraiths in Star from 148g and up

If you want a Wraith type disc, but a hair flippier, try an Archon. They fly really well. You won't have to go super light to get that flight out of it either.

The Mystere might also be a disc you want to check out too.

At 350' power a heavy Wraith is probably going to feel pretty beefy.