• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT VAviar

FTFY. hear it could replace the Nova'

lol not gonna happen. As far as im concerned, Innovas attempt at marketing a new mold under the aviar name is a crap shoot. Paul wont endorse this disc nevermind bag it. He wont ditch his version of beadless aviar for anything, nor will then get a 3 series version. Although I sense sarcasm in your post anyway lol

From where did you get your VAviar? Proshop? Anyone know if and when they'll come into full production?

Factory store. They are all blue, which is the most rubbery and my least favorite XT color (yellow and purple are great IME, dryer and almost leathery).

Factory store. They are all blue, which is the most rubbery and my least favorite XT color (yellow and purple are great IME, dryer and almost leathery).

Cool beans. The Whale has not caught my interest, but if the V-Aviar feels a little less deep in my paws, I'll give it a shot in Star, Champ or DX plastics, if and when any of those ever come out.

My two cents on this one dollar

I just got a purple Vaviar on ebay this month. I am fairly new to the game and see a lot of value in holding onto collector style discs. So, I don't currently plan on throwing this, because of the grid stamp and it seeming fairly limited in my estimation. it's one of two discs I've purchased that I'd consider collectable, which neither could actually be because I'm just clueless newb. I figure if I pay close to $25 or more then the value can and should increase dramatically in 5+ years. Again, I could be way off on this estimation thing!

Now let me tell how the disc feels to me compared to my R-pro aviars that I love so very much for more reasons than it matches my name, it's like I am already a champ and they stamp them for me! Sorry, I was talking about the Vaviar, and got lost in the idea of being a 1060 rated player! Lol.

The Vaviar inner rim is slightly shallower despite the bead. The inner rim also has a tiny concave where the r-pro seems mostly flat. The tops and shapes of the discs are very similar and I can't see much difference here, I'm sure it's there though. The V is a little less grippy and more firm, both of these factors are still very comfortable feeling on the disc though. I can't attest to the flight of the disc. But since I am on my back porch looking at my basket, I will attempt one putt with it. You know that magnetic pull to obstacles? This disc does not have that. Looks like it will work well though if/when you or I throw it!

Any other updated opinions on this disc? Or shout out my instagram, richpor

Latest posts