• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yay Oregon!

may through october there is no more beautiful place on earth than the pacific northwest. the rest of the time it's like frigging london.

I take London for the summer month's. Plus you get good playing in all types of weather. Snow to 30 mph wind to 2" inches of rain.... All have happened in the last months during rounds.

Hippy007

Played Willliamette and Dexter today...Oregon courses kick a**!

Dexter is a favorite of mine. play it when ever i am in the area. wait till you get a chance to come north. same thing but more elevation.

Hippy007

Played Horning's Hideout on my birthday Monday. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous, there was still and inch of snow all over the property. It was awesome.

As far as distance...Pier Park which is the closest to downtown is...

About 30-40 Minutes to Horning's

45 minutes from Milo McIver

2.5-3hrs to Whistler's Bend

Given you started early enough and it was a summer day with a lot of light all 4 could be played in one day.

Also Dabney State Park in Oregon and Leverich Park right across the river in Vancouver,WA are pretty sweet courses that shouldn't be missed if you're in the area.

I really don't see being able to play all this in one day. I think you'd be better off playing the 3 at Horning's Hideout and Pier park. Next day Milo and Timber. Trek down to Whistler's Bend and Dexter another day. :thmbup:

One of my biggest regrets from my 2 1/2 years in Oregon was never playing Milo. I played with a group of guys almost every weekend at Timber but never made it the 5 or so miles over to McIver.

However, I did play Hornings' a handful of times and it was amazing. I'm back home in MI now and we have some really great courses here but Oregon was outstanding. My personal favorite course in OR has got to be Dabney. Cool course, great scenery, and lots of benchs and garbage cans.

Dabney huh..... I guess you are from out of town

If you're looking for a one day amazing disc golf trip.. check out ludington michigan. Flip City, Leviathon, The Farm, and all three courses at Mason County Park. It's easily a two day trip

I was supposed to hit those courses last summer but that was before I went on the DL with a back injury. Hopefully this summer I can make it out there. I really want to hit that area up since it seems to be the DG meca in Michigan.

Yeah Hornings is one of the best places to go as there is camping and three courses to enjoy your day. I have a video, but its of all three courses and I don't know how to break it down..

hmmm...

i need to find another excuse to visit friends up in eugene....

well, that, and the $1000 it'd take to get there from st. louis, but still. any dg-er friendly hostels up around those parts?

I really don't see being able to play all this in one day. I think you'd be better off playing the 3 at Horning's Hideout and Pier park. Next day Milo and Timber. Trek down to Whistler's Bend and Dexter another day. :thmbup:

I think the best bet for someone who lives in the Portland Metro Area would be to drive down to Whistler's Bend the day before find some camping in the area stay the night and start about 6 or 7 am would definitely be doable IMO. You might not be able to play all 3 at Horning's but if you wanted to do all the ones from the DGCR list it's possible.

Looks like some day I'll have to organize a little trip westward.

oregon-trail.jpg