• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your most embarrasing disc golf moment ever?

Nope, they had stopped play while I was walking out to get the disc, so I decided that the outfield fence was OB and played on the other side with a penalty stroke.

Nope, they had stopped play while I was walking out to get the disc, so I decided that the outfield fence was OB and played on the other side with a penalty stroke.

I am still suprised that nobody grabbed the disc and threw it back to you.

i was in a mini one weekend and i stepped up to the box and was doing my pre-throw routine and i let the disc slip out and it went off to the side and behind me....everybody just kinda looked around for a second and smiled wondering wtf had just happened...luckily no one stroked me, they just gave me a hard time...but on my actual drive i was thinking about what had just happened so much i choked on it as well...

I can't think of anything in particular, but me and the two guys I play with most often play at an insane pace, we're not great, just fast. So naturally we play through a lot, and it seems like every time I tee off with another group watching, I screw it up

But on the flip side when I throw a great shot it feels that much better.

I can't think of anything in particular, but me and the two guys I play with most often play at an insane pace, we're not great, just fast. So naturally we play through a lot, and it seems like every time I tee off with another group watching, I screw it up

But on the flip side when I throw a great shot it feels that much better.

i used to have this problem even playing slow...itll wear off eventually..just nerves

My first tourney, after 36 holes in the blazing florida sun we had the obligatory ace run at the end. It was a little 150 foot shot. I was so nervous because I had only been playing for about a month and was playing with some monsters. I released way to early, the disc took off to my left, across a road and ended up further from the basket then I originally was. I won a t-shirt for my efforts..haha

i was in a mini one weekend and i stepped up to the box and was doing my pre-throw routine and i let the disc slip out and it went off to the side and behind me....everybody just kinda looked around for a second and smiled wondering wtf had just happened...luckily no one stroked me, they just gave me a hard time...but on my actual drive i was thinking about what had just happened so much i choked on it as well...

That is my biggest fear. I do a couple prethrow wrist snaps on the pad before throwing, and I'm always tightening my grip for fear of accidental release (Wow, that sounds bad!)

I haven't played in any tourneys, and neither have the guys I usually play with

I figure a few tourneys will slow our pace down a bit

That was a hard adjustment for me to make, too. My casual group plays pretty quickly as well. I've slowed our pace down intentionally to help me get used to tourney speeds. It's helped my confidence off the tee quite a bit, too. It doesn't take very long to adjust to the speed though.

Defently yseterday,

i stop up on hole 7 and throw my dx wraith, it hits a tree and gets the biggest dent ive ever seen on a disc, but thats not the embarrising part

2 holes later, still bummed about my dx wraith, i throw my star wraith, i relesed it early, and it hit the tractor of someone mowing the park, then it was run over by the tractor, i lost both my wraiths within 3 holes yesterday.

I feel your pain, mambrose, but just remember, there's more plastic just around the corner. :)

A friend and I were playing past an elementary school a few minutes before school was about to get out. Several cars were waiting in front of the school to pick their kids up. My friend sarcastically says "minus five strokes if you hit a car" - I laughed because the cars were at least 150 feet from our target.

I wind up, lose my grip and see my destroyer headed straight for the cars. I need to add that this particular day was extremely windy and the disc was being vertically thrown +-10 feet as it's on a crash course with the car, so I'm all "YES! NO! F#$@ YES! NO!"

The disc smacks into the windshield and the driver did not see it coming - shocked and now raging, she somehow thought she was rear ended and gets out to yell at the person PARKED behind her...She finally puts 2 & 2 together when she sees me shamefully walking up to her to apologize and check if i had made any real damage. I didn't, she got over it and now me and my friend don't say silly things like "minus 5 strokes for _______________ "

I am surprised you were even playing at an elementary school while school was in session. Most schools will not let this happen.

A friend and I were playing past an elementary school a few minutes before school was about to get out. Several cars were waiting in front of the school to pick their kids up. My friend sarcastically says "minus five strokes if you hit a car" - I laughed because the cars were at least 150 feet from our target.

I wind up, lose my grip and see my destroyer headed straight for the cars. I need to add that this particular day was extremely windy and the disc was being vertically thrown +-10 feet as it's on a crash course with the car, so I'm all "YES! NO! F#$@ YES! NO!"

The disc smacks into the windshield and the driver did not see it coming - shocked and now raging, she somehow thought she was rear ended and gets out to yell at the person PARKED behind her...She finally puts 2 & 2 together when she sees me shamefully walking up to her to apologize and check if i had made any real damage. I didn't, she got over it and now me and my friend don't say silly things like "minus 5 strokes for _______________ "

haha...I think I would of left it unless she looked at me :p...oh and mambo (or whatever ur name was..forgot already!) It was the discraft gods yelling at you for throwing innova in michigan :D

haha...I think I would of left it unless she looked at me :p...oh and mambo (or whatever ur name was..forgot already!) It was the discraft gods yelling at you for throwing innova in michigan :D

Dunno about that. I was playing in Lansing on monday, threw my drive a little short with my Leopard, it got a gentle kick of the right side of a tree with a left hand fade, and parked itself under the basket for an easy deuce.:D

I witnessed this.

My card finished up our round at Towne Lake playing the Sunday morning min. This guy was warming up bombing some discs in the open. None of us knew him and had a good arm on him. He chatted with us for a bit before starting his round and I watched him approach the long tee. I figured he was pretty good considering his distance, the fact that he choose the long tees and his demeanor when we talked to him. He smacked the first tree off the box. He tossed another off the tee and I think it was a decent shot then he went to play his first drive sitting something like 20' off the tee box. He lined that shot up for a moment then threw it right into the next tree. I stopped watching at that point.
Man, I don't know who you are but my heart goes out to you. I hope the rest of the round went smooth for you. Hope you can join us for a round some day.

Haha, me and my friends will say stuff like "10 points if you hit the lady walking on the path, one day he says "10 points if you hit the blind guy walking" my disc skipped right in front of him (on accident of course) and i was like ohh s---! but luckily it missed, and he diddnet even know it happened.