• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fluke's bag

***Breaking News!***

The six original Apple Villains ride again at this year's WVTI!

The Shiley Boiz, Naterade, Lost & illy, Matt Passtheglock and Coolhand team up once more!

I was so excited to hear this that Bean and I went out to play in the rain today. "Why play in the rain?" you might ask: well if history is any guide, we will get rained on in PawPaw so I might as well learn to love it. Just so you know I'm not completely crazy we only played the reds at Rockland.

The scores:
3,3,2,3,3,2,4,3,2,3,2,3,3,3,3,3,2,3=50

The discs:
175 Sirius Omega
Little Magic
175 Omega AP
175 Star TL3
174 Star Mako3
167 Star Roadrunner
175 FrontlineX Mortar
168 Star Thunderbird
168 Qmega
??? Champ Thunderbird
168 Halo Mystere
I'll see you there, I'm tentatively in the sacrificial 1 slot for LoCo this year!

Lillymon postponed our round until tomorrow morning. I figure he and Passtheglock will want to play the reds at Rockland. I understand. It is the more fun layout. As the rain cleared out today Bean and I went out to play a round from the blues.

The scores:
3,3,3,4,3,3,4,2,2,2,3,3,2,4,3,3,3,3=53

This is my personal best score by one stroke. It is also one stroke shy of the course record. That makes the 4 on hole 14 sting even more. I missed my putt for 3 from just inside the circle. I chained out high and left side. I hung my head in shame. Bean looked at me funny and offered to catch a mole to make things better. I declined.

The discs:
171 Star Mako3
175 FrontlineX Mortar
175 Omega AP
168 Star Thunderbird
174 Star Mako3
175 Sirius Omega
175 Gstar TL3
Little Magic
175 Star TL3
180 Star Roc3
??? Champ Thunderbird
168 Halo Mystere

The "flippy" 171 Mako3 has been killing hyzer-flip forehand scrambles for me. I pulled off a miracle from the Russian Olive on the right rough of hole 2 with it after chumping the flex with my Star Thunderbird off the tee.

Last edited:
I had a fun round today albeit scoring poorly. I took a six. Regardless it's always nice to shoot with Austin. Matt and Joe.

The scores:
4,4,3,4,3,3,4,2,3,3,3,3,2,3,6,3,2,3=58

The discs:
175 Sirius Omega
Little Magic
175 Omega AP
175 Star TL3
174 Star Mako3
167 Star Roadrunner
168 Star Thunderbird
171 Star Mako3
168 Qmega
Champ Thunderbird
175 Gstar TL3

The lowlights:
I missed a circle putt for 2 on 14 and backed that up with a 6 on 15. Sheesh

Nate and I had a minor work day out at Rockland today to do some cleanup before the Rattling Chains Open tomorrow. I would love to be able to put the time and effort in that would being the course to its potential but, alas, that would be a full time job.

Tools:
Stihl weed eater
Loppers

Found disc:
Unknown weight Champ Leo3. No name no number. It's pretty and blue and flies pretty sweet too.

Returned disc:
175 Star Wraith that lived in the pond in PawPaw for several years. I grip locked it from Tony's Valley and it nearly cleared the pond. It was a SMASH in the wrong direction.

Surprise, surprise there is no MP40 division so I get to play with the young bucks tomorrow. I'll be carrying the usuals.

Nate and I had a minor work day out at Rockland today to do some cleanup before the Rattling Chains Open tomorrow. I would love to be able to put the time and effort in that would being the course to its potential but, alas, that would be a full time job.
Woah they're letting AV do work days now? Big news

The weather on Saturday was truly awful. 43 degrees and pouring rain with temps dropping into the 30's gusting winds and continued pouring rain in the second round. Lightning came in later in the second round and the remainder was canceled. Second round was scored based on the 9 common holes my division played.

I had an adequate first round considering the conditions. Nothing spectacular but I did shoot a 54 putting me in third place behind a 52 and 53. Second round I couldn't seem to release the disc. Everything came out late which was strange considering how wet it was. I tried to remedy that but then everything came out early. It was bad and I fell out of the cash. I may play the Sherando Spartan in a few weeks.

Does it ever NOT rain this weekend in WapWap? See you there.
The weather seems as inevitable as me starting the event on hole 9 Whipping Post. I've been hollering "send me to honey hut!" for the last month or so. Maybe I should invade camp lonelytown and take over.

[COLOR=var(--text-lighter)]The bag:[/COLOR]
View attachment 332400
From left to right:
Omega AP run 1.15 - 175g
Sirius Omega 1.1 - 150g (Little Magic)
Sirius Omega 1.2 - 175g
Quantum Omega - 168g
Star Mako3 - 171g
Star Mako3 - 174g
Swirly Star Roc3 - 180g
FrontlineX Mortar - 175g
Gstar TL3 - 175g
Star TL3 - 175g
Champ glow Teebird - 175g (Cal mold)
Star Roadrunner - 167g
Champ Thunderbird - 175g?
Star Thunderbird - 168g
Luster Draco 1.1 - 175g
Halo Mystere - 168g
Star Wraith - 163g
Halo Wraith - 175g
This will be the bag for WVTI. I'm also slipping in my flippiest Gstar TL3. It's yellow.

Camping in the rain all weekend. Oh well. It's the best tournament of the year.

I am almost fully recovered from the WVTI last weekend. I didn't play to my expectations ending up 3-4 in my divisional matches. The team went 6-1. The loss was our first since 2021. We lost in the semifinals to eventual champs team Spotsy. My semifinal match went 7 holes of sudden death. I was unable to close it out even though I was up 3 holes with 4 to go. I can't wait until next year.

The halo Mystere is now in the bag permanently. I was crushing it all weekend long. What a fantastic disc! Freaking straight and far. I ordered 3 more backups.

The flippiest Gstar TL3 pulled off 3 spectacular rollers in my semifinal match. 2 of them on hole 16 Whipping Post which is the hole I put it in for specifically.

There is soooooo much more to the story of this tournament than I covered here but I am not a novelist so I will end it here.

I will be playing the Limestone Ledges Open in July. I may play another before then but we shall see.

I swapped out some discs for others that are better colors for this time of year and dropped to 3 Omegas so I can keep the roller TL3 in the bag.
IMG_0157.jpeg
From left to right and top to bottom:
175g Omega AP 1.15
150g Sirius Omega 1.1
175g Quantum Omega 1.3 (with sparkles)
175g Recon Mortar 1.5
171g Star Mako3
174g Star Mako3
180g Star Roc3
175g Gstar TL3
175g Star TL3
175g Champ TL3
175g Glow Champ Teebird
167g Star Roadrunner
???g Champ Thunderbird
168g Star Thunderbird
175g Luster Draco
168g Halo Mystere
163g Star Wraith
175g Halo Wraith

I played my first round since WVTI today. Bean and I went to Sherando for 20 holes.

The scores:
2,1,2,3,2,2,3,3,2,2,3,2,2,3,3,2,3,3,3,3=49

The highlights:
I aced hole 2! Definitely a first on that one. 324 feet with a forehand champ Thunderbird. I thought it looked good when I let it go. I was right. The same Thunderbird got me deuces on hole 1 (354') and hole 10 (349'). Those were both forehands as well. I don't know what it is about seasoned champ Thunderbirds but they're probably the finest drivers in the world.

Latest posts