• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

In theory, if a flex fit were to be available would you want the classic offset eye logo, the ouroborus snake logo or something else?

Hi All,

We have some very exciting developments...

Gateway has been running protos for several new Distance Driver molds and we are looking likely to obtain one!

We are likely going to fire off some protos in our desired plastic tomorrow to determine if the mold clicks with the flight we are wanting then we can determine if/when we will add it to our arsenal.

Initial tests yesterday provided an ideal blend of speed, glide & reliability. Very much a Destroyer-esque workhorse capable of FH and BH lines.

Hi All,

Gateway has been running protos for several new Distance Driver molds and we are looking likely to obtain one!

We are likely going to fire off some protos in our desired plastic tomorrow to determine if the mold clicks with the flight we are wanting then we can determine if/when we will add it to our arsenal.

Initial tests yesterday provided an ideal blend of speed, glide & reliability. Very much a Destroyer-esque workhorse capable of FH and BH lines.
Sounds intriguing,
But if the drivers are not available in lighter weights and bright colors, and this old arm can turn just a bit, this older player will not be getting more discs. I have plenty of RDG stuff that is to heavy for me now. I love supporting newer companies, but if it is not going to fly well for me, I don't need it anymore.

I have said it before and will continue to push for lighter and brighter discs. We older folks usually have the disposable $$ that won't break us.

Sounds intriguing,
But if the drivers are not available in lighter weights and bright colors, and this old arm can turn just a bit, this older player will not be getting more discs. I have plenty of RDG stuff that is to heavy for me now. I love supporting newer companies, but if it is not going to fly well for me, I don't need it anymore.

I have said it before and will continue to push for lighter and brighter discs. We older folks usually have the disposable $$ that won't break us.
Good news for you then! This mold can be molded in light weights and I definitely want to emphasize the 160s in bright colors. I love a 168g distance driver

Good news for you then! This mold can be molded in light weights and I definitely want to emphasize the 160s in bright colors. I love a 168g distance driver
168g is okay for the stable/over stable stuff. Lighter is better for me to get some/any turn...

I know Gateway has a history of molding only/mostly max/or near max weights...
Hoping that is changing.

Hi All,

I definitely want to get my hands on one of those as soon as I possibly can, since I'm throwing Destroyer and Forces for distance with a Grym mixed in right now, but if I can give an RDG mold a shot for that, I'd rather (especially if there ends up being Fossil ones). I still think that making a Chameleon with a 2.3 cm rim would be pretty interesting to see, especially flight wise.

Waste of money...
I know right, but I had to try one out. Not as stable as promised, but I haven't thrown it over 40' yet, what idiot thought 157g stegos was a smart idea?

It's Friday, there's beer and clam, some purple runtz and pizza to consume before any real fun happens. I'm excited been watching up here for a while to snag one. Maybe i will paint the rim black while im waiting/drinking...

Edit: it did not disappoint... 160' is a stretch haha. Rolls good though, it's kinda shaped like a "wheel".

Last edited:
I know right, but I had to try one out. Not as stable as promised, but I haven't thrown it over 40' yet, what idiot thought 157g stegos was a smart idea?

It's Friday, there's beer and clam, some purple runtz and pizza to consume before any real fun happens. I'm excited been watching up here for a while to snag one. Maybe i will paint the rim black while im waiting/drinking...

Edit: it did not disappoint... 160' is a stretch haha. Rolls good though, it's kinda shaped like a "wheel".
Those lighter ones are so fun, you can get them to hold a forced turn for a while.

Those lighter ones are so fun, you can get them to hold a forced turn for a while.
Yeah I was really looking forward to trying one from what you have said about em. It is exactly the stego I needed, I've got a light and heavy Entropy and a Pyro but the stego is mighty awesome at such a light weight. Forced anny to a ufo drop straight down is pretty sweet.

My 165g Stegos are my favorites after my proto. They don't roll as well as max weight ones but sacrifices must be made.

Had a beautiful 170ish ft downhill throw-in for bird with my Tortuga the other day. Let it go on a ~50 degree hyzer, flipped up to flat, dropped out of the air left/forward and landed softly in the chains.

If anyone's interested the Stego stamped Teebirds(Teeturds) are pretty great. Not a crazy beefy bird out of the box but good glide and the classic sharp late fade. Plus when you throw it people give you. Double take.

I got two blurples, one more blue and one more purple and they are really pearly and nice.

Waste of money...
Random question:

What would be the odds of, if a person would want a particular Gateway mold that is not being made for Reptilian, being able to get that mold with the Stego stamp, if said person wanted several of them?

Asking for a friend.

Random question:

What would be the odds of, if a person would want a particular Gateway mold that is not being made for Reptilian, being able to get that mold with the Stego stamp, if said person wanted several of them?

Asking for a friend.
Stego stamped Wizs would be cool. Now I'm actually wondering if the Stego top is compatible with the Wiz bottom, as that would be a more comfy Stego...and probably just as beefy.

Stego stamped Wizs would be cool. Now I'm actually wondering if the Stego top is compatible with the Wiz bottom, as that would be a more comfy Stego...and probably just as beefy.
The baobab is the shaman bottom iirc so I am not sure if they are compatible. The regular chief bottom may more likely be an option if you really want a beaded stego.

The baobab is the shaman bottom iirc so I am not sure if they are compatible. The regular chief bottom may more likely be an option if you really want a beaded stego.
Stego is the Devilhawk bottom.
Baobab is the Shaman/Warspear bottom.
Wizard/Chief/Scale have the same bottom, so I don't see why you couldn't Stego-top a Chief, my guess is it'd end up something like a ScaleOS based on my experience with the Baobab (which is a SerpentOS basically)

Latest posts