• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Stego is the Devilhawk bottom.
Baobab is the Shaman/Warspear bottom.
Wizard/Chief/Scale have the same bottom, so I don't see why you couldn't Stego-top a Chief, my guess is it'd end up something like a ScaleOS based on my experience with the Baobab (which is a SerpentOS basically)
Chief and Wizard are definitely not the same bottom. They are similar shape but not the same mold.

Chief and Wizard are definitely not the same bottom. They are similar shape but not the same mold.
I don't think they are the exact same diameter either probably can't mold them together

It being shallower is the whole point of the mold. Shamans are shallower than Warspears as well
I understand that the Chief was designed to be a shallower Wizard. I was just saying they do not use the the same bottom mold piece. The Warspear uses the Shaman bottom with the Devil Hawk top which makes it deeper.

I've consistently thrown Warspears and Shamans since they came out, and I tossed around the Chief, Chief OS, and Devilhawk back then too. You're telling me nothing I don't know from quite a bit of personal experience.
Go look through the threads from when the mold first dropped in 2014: the Chief is a Wizard bottom with a different top.

I've consistently thrown Warspears and Shamans since they came out, and I tossed around the Chief, Chief OS, and Devilhawk back then too. You're telling me nothing I don't know from quite a bit of personal experience.
Go look through the threads from when the mold first dropped in 2014: the Chief is a Wizard bottom with a different top.
I just read through all the threads and found nothing saying it was a Wizard bottom. The only thing I found was Gateway originally said that it was "basically a Wizard with a 1/4" of rim depth taken out of the middle". Which would mean if they used the Wizard bottom as a baseline when designing it, they at the least modified it which would make it a separate mold.

Maybe @GatewayGuy could help. He works there so he could tell us for sure.

I am just trying to use my knowledge of all the different mold combinations and what I learned spending time at the Gateway factory.

So I count two Chief toolings here, the original flat top with the Wizard wing and this retool that looks like a really flat APX. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BTW, a small bead Wizard is a Voodoo.
So I'm looking around and now there is a Chief and a Chief OS. Is the Chief OS the retool? Or is the Chief the retool and the Chief OS something else?

The Devilhawk is the groove top Chief, correct? Is it a groove top Chief or Groove top Chief OS?
Yes?

The new Chief is a squashed Wizard to make it a "low profile" throwing putter all the kids are throwing these days (why they can't just throw a normal Wizard is beyond me) and flies similar to the Colt, which is similar to a Classic Roc/XD

The Chief OS is a retool of the retool making the chief more OS

The Devil Hawk I think is just the Chief OS with a groove, even though the rim feels beefier. It's essentially the Gateway Rhyno.

The first Chief was just a Wizard. The second Chief is a shallow Wizard. The third "Chief" is the Chief OS

Got to spend some time with the Carnivores today and I really got into one in a mild tailwind and it went 480. I really think for people who love the less stable Destroyer/Zeus runs this is a great alternative with one of the coolest stamps in the game.

Fossil Wizards are BACK!!!

I begged the boys at the shop to alter every variable to ensure the tightest shoulder, lowest profile Wizards that can be produced... And they delivered.

These Wizards are PERFECT.

They have fantastic stability off the tee, feel great in the hand due to the lower profile and provide a clean release off the fingers when putting.

If you aren't aware, Fossil plastic is a Talc-filled propylene heavy blend that provides a matte, gritty feeling plastic that seasons up beautifully.

I love them and if you want an 11x KC Pro Wizard... You will too.

Available at ReptilianDiscGolf.com
As always... Use Promo Code DGCR for a nice discount.

Attachments

• rn-image_picker_lib_temp_ef0a180a-1fe8-4021-a07b-39b812ec6565_1080x.jpg
    rn-image_picker_lib_temp_ef0a180a-1fe8-4021-a07b-39b812ec6565_1080x.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 0
This is a flyer Josh made that kinda captures the difference in shoulder height between a Fossil Wiz and a stock Wiz.

It is very noticeable in the hand and it truly makes the best putter in DG... Even better.

Attachments

• received_1420988658456500.jpeg
    received_1420988658456500.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 3
Fossil Wizards are BACK!!!

I begged the boys at the shop to alter every variable to ensure the tightest shoulder, lowest profile Wizards that can be produced... And they delivered.

These Wizards are PERFECT.

They have fantastic stability off the tee, feel great in the hand due to the lower profile and provide a clean release off the fingers when putting.

If you aren't aware, Fossil plastic is a Talc-filled propylene heavy blend that provides a matte, gritty feeling plastic that seasons up beautifully.

I love them and if you want an 11x KC Pro Wizard... You will too.

Available at ReptilianDiscGolf.com
As always... Use Promo Code DGCR for a nice discount.
So these are a nice firm blend? How do these compare shoulderwise to the recent run of 4S coffee Lizards that I picked up a pair of???

Had a crazy, could only throw an OS mid shot in the woods today. Pulled out the Fossil Gila and got through the gap and around the bend to get me in position for the birdie putt! Unfortunately my footing was ugly and I ended up on the ground doing it…

Had a crazy, could only throw an OS mid shot in the woods today. Pulled out the Fossil Gila and got through the gap and around the bend to get me in position for the birdie putt! Unfortunately my footing was ugly and I ended up on the ground doing it…
That's crazy, I busted it but also got a birdie with a Gila last week lol

Glow at a 9 hole course last night I got one of the tougher holes both laps with my broken in Glow Gila. Smooth 245' forehand through the gap and landing soft. Gila may not be my most thrown, but they sure are trusty.

Latest posts