• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1 Disc throwers Vs those carrying the bag

I go with a bag and 12-15 discs, water bottles, towel, car keys, phone, a sandwich., mini. I don't mind picking up my bag 120 times over the course of a couple rounds. Place the mini, pick up my disc. Return disc to bag. Look at the upcoming shot. Bend over to pick the disc I want to throw out of my bag. Make the throw. Pick up the mini. Pick up the bag. So, yeah I am bending 500 times over 36 holes. I don't think thats lame, actually all that exercise keeps me from being lame. 500 knee bends or toe touches is not something I'm gonna do at home.

Its the only real exercise some of us get!

I don't see why you would not carry a bag. If for nothing else than to have a place to put, keys, phone, water, etc...

AK

I don't see why you would not carry a bag. If for nothing else than to have a place to put, keys, phone, water, etc...

AK

I usually just wear shorts with bigger pockets for my extra things but I have to say playing in some basketball shorts always works out much better so that definitely gives the bag some credit

I've played for about 10 years, and when we were young we used to make fun of the old dudes with bags. I still only carry 4 discs, under-stable driver, over-stable driver, mid-range, and a putter, but that's because I just play for fun. I could see if I was in a serious tournament maybe 10 discs could be useful. But when I see the guy on a nine-hole course with 4 liters of water, a telescoping stick, first aid kit, and 8 weeks worth of food I still gotta laugh, it's not f***ing K2.

I've played for about 10 years, and when we were young we used to make fun of the old dudes with bags. I still only carry 4 discs, under-stable driver, over-stable driver, mid-range, and a putter, but that's because I just play for fun. I could see if I was in a serious tournament maybe 10 discs could be useful. But when I see the guy on a nine-hole course with 4 liters of water, a telescoping stick, first aid kit, and 8 weeks worth of food I still gotta laugh, it's not f***ing K2.

I've seen that guy....it reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where the British Mountaineering Team is attempting a new route on a street in London. Climbing ropes, tents, carabiners, camp stoves....the works. And then the "accident" when the team falls off the street.

I got my dad an innova starter set for christmas and after going oput 3 times he went and got a bag simply so he didnt have to carry the discs and so he could put his stuff somewhere. I bought a bag right away when i started cus i fell inlove with the sport and cant get enough of it now. but the guys who carry 1 disc usually are just there to have fun and make trouble. and thenn you got the disc renegades at bayville who are hard core and sprint the course with two discs.

AK

I guess I am so used to carrying a lot of gear on my person, that I never put any personal items in my bag. At work, I have to unload my truck, while carrying my phone, 3 sets of keys in my pocket, keys hanging from my belt like a janitor, Gerber Multi-tool on my belt, and a knife in my pocket. I guess because I am so used to that, that not having all that stuff on me makes me feel weird. I usually wear blue jean shorts to play, and jeans if I take the motorcycle to the course, and I keep everything on me . I guess I am just used to it. Doesn't affect my play at all.

If for some reason my bag got stolen, I would loose my discs and my bag, but thats about it. I have heard of guys having everything (wallet, keys, phone) in there bag, and then leaving their bag on the next tee as they finish a hole, and then their bag gets stolen. IF that happens your are screwed. I also never leave my bag more than 15ft away from me, but I just don't trust anyone. I have been burned by people that have called me a friend to my face, so I have trust issues.

At Quail Ridge in Missouri, there is an equal mix of beginners and experienced players. I would say tat more than 60% of the people I see play there only carry one disc, if not a driver and a putter. But I have never come across anyone carrying one disc that said anything negative about carrying 12+ discs. They usually don't understand why I carry so many, or they are just in puzzled cause they never thought of carrying more than one disc.

I guess I am so used to carrying a lot of gear on my person, that I never put any personal items in my bag. At work, I have to unload my truck, while carrying my phone, 3 sets of keys in my pocket, keys hanging from my belt like a janitor, Gerber Multi-tool on my belt, and a knife in my pocket. I guess because I am so used to that, that not having all that stuff on me makes me feel weird. I usually wear blue jean shorts to play, and jeans if I take the motorcycle to the course, and I keep everything on me . I guess I am just used to it. Doesn't affect my play at all.

If for some reason my bag got stolen, I would loose my discs and my bag, but thats about it. I have heard of guys having everything (wallet, keys, phone) in there bag, and then leaving their bag on the next tee as they finish a hole, and then their bag gets stolen. IF that happens your are screwed. I also never leave my bag more than 15ft away from me, but I just don't trust anyone. I have been burned by people that have called me a friend to my face, so I have trust issues.

I differ a bit. I too usually carry lots of items on me. Hell, I still prefer cargo shorts simply for the pockets. But when I'm playing sports I feel most comfortable with as little as possible. Unless its contact in which case, strap me up so I can hit hard. For disc golf I feel best wearing gym shorts, socks, shoes, wristband and thats it. Maybe its because I've dropped and lost things out of pockets like a phone, money, keys, etc. so having them in my pocket means I constantly monitor their presence with little checks and when playing I find that distracting.

Latest posts