• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

I was able to pre order 2 as well. These releases are pretty disheartening tho. The zombee isn't all that great, and two nuke ss releases? Come onnnnn. Even tho Im getting two of these anniversary discs, I still think it will drop the value of the original wasp tooled bs buzzzes. Hope they feel and throw like my old school ones. Be a lot less worried about possibly losing one lol

Where were you able to preorder them from?

it's not the exact same mold as the first runs...it's going to say wasp on the inside rim, but it will be etched, much like the etching on Ti plastic. It won't be the same raised tooling. But as for the plastic, yes that's the same. I'm sure this will drop the prices of the actual FR Buzzzes at first, but things will go back to normal after a few months. It all depends on if the plastic molds the same, and people get their nice flat straight runners.

Word from Discraft (fb page) is that the discs will be 19.99 MSRP. Didn't know if anyone saw that.

I will be ordering two as soon as they come out. I will add them to my Cryztal GT's I just bought. :)

Last edited:
Ive already messaged my local stores and have inquired about their arrival/pre-order

I cant wait for these to come in. I hope there isnt a ton of colors/stamps, otherwise I might have a need to get one of each

857078_10151371154462054_1693785334_o.jpg

Posted on Facebook.

looks to fat in the pix to be the og tooling.Not to mention every pink ive seen was buzzz tooled.

I think someone said earlier that it was similar to the Titanium tooling on the top of those discs.

Either way, I don't really think they are going to fly that much different then a regular Z buzz. I guess for those Wasp tooled Buzzz throwers, I would ask is it really that much of a difference other then the plastic? I know people drop a lot of money on them.

The thing with the old plastic is it doesnt break in as fast and feels different than todays buzzzs. The stability is diff,durability is diff also. Ive thrown newer buzzzs that were stable from the start and then have them get flipppy within a few weeks time.

I think dc is just trying to create hype for these buzzzs because they know how people love the barstamps and original wasp tooled buzzzs.

If they had the blend ,why not use it today in production? Instead they run the supposed og mix for 10000 "wasp" tooled buzzzs.

Im not expecting these to be anything like the originals ,unfortunately.

That pink wasnt in wasp tooled buzzzs,it was more of a reddish pink. That bubblegum pink was in the buzz tooled run.

That etched tooling is new as well,original tooling was raised letters.

Im still going to buy some but im skeptical at ANYTHING being the same

As with anything, nothing new is ever the same as the original.

I think of the Totem teebird recent runs and how they were supposed to be an older "found" mix of plastic. That run of plastic eventually became the new run champion and feels pretty good, however it is no where near the quality and durability of the old KC pro/Champion mix.

I think it is hype as well, but being a junkie I will bite like many will.

The Totems were never advertised as a "found" older blend. I emailed Innova directly before they were released, and I was told they were taken from the latest run of them. I even shared that in the thread. The plastic is actually pretty damn nice. They issue was that they were beefier and had more dome than people wanted.

Even if these Buzzzes were run in the same exact plastic and same exact mold, there would still be angst towards them. Nothing is ever as good as it was.

I find it really funny that they've gone back to Wasp tooling. Wasp tooled Buzzzes are not in high demand because somehow the word "WASP" on the rim makes them fly better. The tooling is simply in indication that those Buzzzes came from the very first run. The run is what ups the demand, not the actual tooling.

So to think that putting the word "WASP" back on the rim will make these any more desirable is silly.

I find it really funny that they've gone back to Wasp tooling. Wasp tooled Buzzzes are not in high demand because somehow the word "WASP" on the rim makes them fly better. The tooling is simply in indication that those Buzzzes came from the very first run. The run is what ups the demand, not the actual tooling.

So to think that putting the word "WASP" back on the rim will make these any more desirable is silly.

THis is very true... but you know if they had put Buzzz tooling on the inside that there would be that one guy...

Either way, I am going to try and get a few for dgcr peeps during the Memorial. . .I will not pay any more than 20 a piece though

It's a long thread but what are they selling em for? just wondering

Either way, I am going to try and get a few for dgcr peeps during the Memorial. . .I will not pay any more than 20 a piece though

It's a long thread but what are they selling em for? just wondering

I believe someone said MSRP is listed at $19.99.

Latest posts