• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

Compared my 10s to the barstamp Buzzz I have been throwing. I was surprised to see Buzzz tooling not Wasp tooling on my old Buzzz. So was it made after the first run and second first runs? I don't care if it is worth more or less because it flies perfectly for me. Just curious where that one fits into the timeline.

Hey thanks for taking that out of my cart :/. I had to settle for a teal

Sites should never allow an item to be in multiple carts......

Sorry, I did it feverishly fast because I have had blue ones taken out of my cart from the two previous time Marshall Street posted them up.

Got an orange and a blue, 178, and 177 from community today. Wow, looking sexy. My blue is a lighter blue though, is there a darker version more like a royal blue or were there purple that looked dark blue?

On a side note I checked the mst stock about 15 min ago and there was about 30 left, down to 15 or so already lol.. Omg the whites look awesome.

Maybe discraft should do another run of these, I'm feeling like its gonna be hard to throw mine

It's impossible to operate an ecommerce site that way.

I'll just go in and put the entire inventory in my cart, as long as I keep my session active I have everything in the store reserved for me!

It's impossible to operate an ecommerce site that way.

I'll just go in and put the entire inventory in my cart, as long as I keep my session active I have everything in the store reserved for me!
Glad someone else can vouch for the (really solid) logic behind this! I'd love to see an example of a real site that uses in-cart allocations. If there is one, I bet they're selling child variants with quantities in the thousands, rather than the single-digits we've got in DG retail.

Glad someone else can vouch for the (really solid) logic behind this! I'd love to see an example of a real site that uses in-cart allocations. If there is one, I bet they're selling child variants with quantities in the thousands, rather than the single-digits we've got in DG retail.

Ticketmaster is one example.

As soon as you select seats they're reserved for a certain period of time. If you don't complete checkout, or cancel checkout, they are released.

Ticketmaster is one example.

As soon as you select seats they're reserved for a certain period of time. If you don't complete checkout, or cancel checkout, they are released.
Ah, yeah I was limiting my thoughts to consumer goods, not 1:1 items like seats. I buy our movie tickets online and it's a 3-minute dash to check out... not really a shopping experience that translates to multiple products with variants.

.... now imagining if TicketMaster sold these Buzzzes ..... :popcorn:

picked this one up at a tourney last weekend. The camera probably cant picked it up but if you look closely there are tiny sparkles throughout the whole disc. pretty awesome.

love the way the fly so far.....would kill for a white one!!!

Attachments

• buzz.jpg
    buzz.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 46
Ah, yeah I was limiting my thoughts to consumer goods, not 1:1 items like seats. I buy our movie tickets online and it's a 3-minute dash to check out... not really a shopping experience that translates to multiple products with variants.

.... now imagining if TicketMaster sold these Buzzzes ..... :popcorn:

If Ticketmaster sold Buzzzes you'd place them in your cart at $20 and pay $37 for them, plus shipping.

so you are saying it can be done.....
For sites selling 1 thing, or orders with 1 thing. It's not that it can't be done, it's that it isn't for very good reason.

Retail sites like you see with disc golf are for browsing multiple items, so the hold time would have to be ridiculous to make people happy. 10-15 minutes?

How long would you want your cart to be held for you? Bear in mind this time also has to be acceptable for someone (likely several someones) to squatter-mode on the choicey variants without making you mad.

Got an orange and a blue, 178, and 177 from community today. Wow, looking sexy. My blue is a lighter blue though, is there a darker version more like a royal blue or were there purple that looked dark blue?

On a side note I checked the mst stock about 15 min ago and there was about 30 left, down to 15 or so already lol.. Omg the whites look awesome.

Maybe discraft should do another run of these, I'm feeling like its gonna be hard to throw mine

Yes, there are darker ones and they look great. Just not sure about throwing them due to their darkness. Seems pretty easy to lose in the bushes. THe light blue ones imo are much easier to see on AND off the fairways.

For sites selling 1 thing, or orders with 1 thing. It's not that it can't be done, it's that it isn't for very good reason.

Retail sites like you see with disc golf are for browsing multiple items, so the hold time would have to be ridiculous to make people happy. 10-15 minutes?

How long would you want your cart to be held for you? Bear in mind this time also has to be acceptable for someone (likely several someones) to squatter-mode on the choicey variants without making you mad.

Ticketmaster likely also uses it's own proprietary checkout software. Cart software with timing limits like that would likely be very expensive. For small retail operations (which includes EVERY disc golf retailer), the cost far outweighs the benefit.

Sorry, I did it feverishly fast because I have had blue ones taken out of my cart from the two previous time Marshall Street posted them up.

Lol it's fine at least I got one this time. It probably was the fact I was trying to find a soft obex to add to cart so I wouldn't be paying 7 dollar shipping for one disc.

From the ones picture on HyzerFarm, I expect my "Blue" to be a light blue, my "Green" to be the seafoam green, and the Lavender one is pretty obvious. I am digging these true red, blue and green ones I see other people getting. They look sweet!

Ticketmaster likely also uses it's own proprietary checkout software. Cart software with timing limits like that would likely be very expensive. For small retail operations (which includes EVERY disc golf retailer), the cost far outweighs the benefit.
MOST retailers... we've got a full-time developer here. All of our backend software is from scratch, and we've modded the hell out of our cart software (ourselves and spec'd for the maker). We're the one place that can do anything, this cart thing included, but this type of cart is just bad news. We've got some inventory software in the works now that is probably more complicated than the type of cart being described, but likely more impactful in making for a better shopping experience.

Came home to find my 2 Buzzzes from Community! Yay!

My mail carrier was kind enough to attempt to jam them into my mail slot! Boo!

Thankfully, no real damage.

1 light purple with the red prism stamp and 1 neon green with white stamp. Nifty.