• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1025 Putting Game - my first experience and accountability thread

Took me a minute to figure out the point system as well, they left out the part about the footage also being equal to the points.
that round. Apparently that is simply implied.

There is a very small "x" to the right of each distance, implying the multiplication... but I agree, easy to miss.

Personally i love that my practice basket only has 1 set of chains. Perfect putts stay in. Questionable putts don't. Perfect for practice. If you add chains to make things stick, aren't you possibly making your practice not as demanding? allowing for more errors on course by having equal or possibly worse catching devices on course?

edit: And i plan on doing this little game this evening, never seen it before, but sounds like a nice weekly addition to my putting practice (almost like a "how well has my practice worked this week")

Indeed better than a peach crate but nothing like practicing on the real thing.
To each his own... practice weak putting and tell me how you like a mach 3 after you hit the heart of the chains and your disc says 'F U, your gonna have to put some on it next time alice'
mine has whispered this before

Will try this out soon! not enough room in the back yard for me but i live close to the course and the partice basket so here we go.

Just tried this in the basement, too cold and wet outside (indoor practice has not been too good for my putting game, I forget what to do when I introduce wind). Warmed up for 2 minutes. I missed one at 20', one at 25', I only made the last one at 30', then drained all of the jumpers :\ . 745

instep baskets are terrible for spit out, i want to put an inner chain on mine

I use an Instep with all the chains moved to the inside hanger/spokes so it more resembles a Bullseye. I'm definitely airmailing some that would stick on a standard basket, but it helps drill in my left/right aim.

425 tonight

Today's attempt at a perfect 1025 resulted in this:

All 6 from 10 for 80
All 6 from 15 for 115
All 6 from 20 for 150
5 out of 6 (first putt chained out) from 25 for 130
4 out of 6 (including first and last putts) from 30 for 140
5 out of 6 (including first and last putts) from 35 for 195

Total 810. I warmed up this time for 5 minutes before starting.

Just tried this in the basement, too cold and wet outside (indoor practice has not been too good for my putting game, I forget what to do when I introduce wind). Warmed up for 2 minutes. I missed one at 20', one at 25', I only made the last one at 30', then drained all of the jumpers :\ . 745

Your basement is tall enough to putt jump in?

475 during a cold 15 minutes while home for lunch today... I'm going to stop posting until I hit 500 consistently. (just to keep from spamming the thread)

6@10'
4@15' (I can't believe I keep getting these spit outs from so close!!!)
5@20'
3@25'
3@30'
1@35'

I have my basket in the backyard right now and am about to do this. It is cool and damp and I haven't played in a while. Lets see how I do.

420 with no warm up

I definitely need to work on my putting again. Gonna do it again before dark and see if I can keep going up in score.

555, and
510 right before dark.

I have a great backyard for this. One location is a downhill/sidehill lie, one is flat and sidehill, and one is uphill. My traveler basket is in the only flat spot in the center of the yard so it is straight upright.

Gonna check this out when the arm heals. Sounds fun. Thanks for posting

I'd say that an entire section that says "so-and-so app for Android" with its own destination page is more than misleading - as it stands, it shows intent to make the product.

Is it something that's forced on you by the format of the host site?

Is it something that's forced on you by the format of the host site?

Actually, I had no idea that site even existed before seeing the link in this thread. I'm going to make an inquiry about it though, given that it misrepresents my intentions as a developer, and I don't want people to get their hopes up for an app that I don't plan to build.

There are a bunch of sites like this that just scrape publicly available data about apps and make money off of affiliate links.

Why wouldn't you develop an Android app for the game? Or could you make a mobile version of the web app?

The website never stated that the Android app was in development. I misspoke. I should have said, "They *may be working on it."

Latest posts