• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10th Anniversary Midnight Buzzz

Yes minimum dealer retail pricing is $30, Discraft was pretty avid in making this point in the dealer email that went out to order these.
are these things going out the door pretty quicly at 30?

i think i paid $19.99 for my first 10yr during pre-order (or was it $24.95?) from GGGT. but i know i paid $24 for 3 others i got.

when did the "suggested" $30 retail thing start? just with this last glo, flag and midnight run?

They only shipped them out yesterday so I doubt many retailers have gotten them yet...I also don't think as many people really know about these yet like with the 10th anniv. buzzz's so not sure about demand. $30 is not a suggested minimum, it is the required minimum pricing.

The pic is up on DDGA and honestly it looks stupid.

Giant black disc with tiny gold bee... How could you not put the giant big bee on it???

are these things going out the door pretty quicly at 30?

i think i paid $19.99 for my first 10yr during pre-order (or was it $24.95?) from GGGT. but i know i paid $24 for 3 others i got.

when did the "suggested" $30 retail thing start? just with this last glo, flag and midnight run?

I payed $20 about 6 weeks ago.. Brand new and perfect condition.

They only shipped them out yesterday so I doubt many retailers have gotten them yet...I also don't think as many people really know about these yet like with the 10th anniv. buzzz's so not sure about demand. $30 is not a suggested minimum, it is the required minimum pricing.

Why should the retailer be required to sell it for a certain price? That's dumb.. Discraft gets money either way, it should be up to the store.

Care to post the document that demands companies charge $30?

Are they going to sue a retailer if they don't? I'd love to see how much a lawyer would laugh at the thought of prosecuting that case.

Are they going to sue a retailer if they don't? I'd love to see how much a lawyer would laugh at the thought of prosecuting that case.

No, you can believe me or not I really don't care

Last edited:
All the midnight discs have been sick so far (no I'm not gonna go through the list of molds). They look great. A midnight Buzzz is even better. Only problem is you have to be a collector to really to want one. I like looking at them but who wants to try and find one in the woods. Not me thats for sure. Also every black disc I ever owned turns into a wet noodle in the heat of the summer in the south. Wish it wasn't true cause I like the way Midnight discs look, but sadly it is.

I've seen the email.

And they can pull the store's account if they violate their requirements. PING does it in golf, Apple's done it in computers, etc. If you look at sites like Best Buy you'll find they honor "Minimum Advertised Price" all the time - "Price available at checkout" is their way around that.

PING used to be ruthless. They'd pull accounts even if you sold something to a charity if it was below their minimum pricing. They've softened lately, but it used to be pretty bad.

I don't see Discraft's market being large enough to turn away any retailer, especially considering they're not really cranking out a whole lot of new molds and keeping pace with everyone else. Fair enough though.

This disc is sexy. I kind of want to get one but I would never throw it. Our local store is getting them in so I might go check it out.

I don't see Discraft's market being large enough to turn away any retailer, especially considering they're not really cranking out a whole lot of new molds and keeping pace with everyone else.

As you know, that's an entirely different conversation. :D

Who Has These?

Which retailers even have these?

I'm thinking that if they're being sold for $30, then that means the demand for them is high enough. In fact, if these are selling easily at $30, don't be surprised to see other retailers set their prices well above that required minimum mark.

Yes, Discraft can only ask retailers to honor this. But, Discraft can also choose to not do business with others in the future. More likely is that if a retailer does not honor their request, they will decide not to give them a future "limited edition" item.

Manufacturers can set minimums. Innova actually has a minimum pricing on all of their products. Ultimately this prevents retailers from having low-price battles which decrease the value of a product. Keeping value high is good for retailers who need profit margins to stay in business.

Which retailers even have these?

I'm thinking that if they're being sold for $30, then that means the demand for them is high enough. In fact, if these are selling easily at $30, don't be surprised to see other retailers set their prices well above that required minimum mark.

Yes, Discraft can only ask retailers to honor this. But, Discraft can also choose to not do business with others in the future. More likely is that if a retailer does not honor their request, they will decide not to give them a future "limited edition" item.

Manufacturers can set minimums. Innova actually has a minimum pricing on all of their products. Ultimately this prevents retailers from having low-price battles which decrease the value of a product. Keeping value high is good for retailers who need profit margins to stay in business.

Disc golf world is selling them, they have them listed at $40 right now.

It would be interesting to find out if the 10th anniversary Elite Z, Glow, Flag dyed and Midnight Black are part of the 10,000 or if the count is now 13,000.

I know I am backing up in the thread a bit, but I thought they made 10k of the 10th anniv "Z" (7500 too many i.m.o) and now another 1k of the midnight 10th anniv.

Since the flag discs and Glow discs have additional tourney stamps on them I dont personally count them as "10 yr buzzzes" just like I dont count those "misprints" with the extra bee on the face. If you look at the old wasp tooled discs, the valuable ones have just the stock bar stamp, not DGLO or US ams etc.

-my .o2