• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-18 (almost -19) REAL or Memorex???

Its like alot of the Clash Vids, he took each shot however many times he needed to get a good one and then edited that one in.

JD Ramirez shot -17 for 21 w/ a 4 (on a legit par 4) at the Alex Clark Memorial DGC in the recent memorial tournament. He has shot -17 for 18 several other times on this course in our weekly mini. One of the times he missed hole 12, an open 180' hole.

I've been told that Mike Kennedy shot -18 w/ a 4 at Jimmy Porter on the old layout. He aced hole 2 I think.

I have dial up so it will take about 45 minutes to upload the whole video.

I hope you're at least using AOL 7.0!

Dial up? that gave me a good laugh

i'll go with not real- well done vid though.

there was a real 18 down shot in competition at bull run park in manassas va years ago. of course, it's the easiest course i have ever seen- i've played 3 rounds there and shot 15 down every time. every 3 you get feels like a bogey.

John Merhi shot -16 on the old Seneca (all A pins), non-tournament but witnessed by several. All of the old A's were "should dueces" with 3 & 9 being the exceptions but to nail them all with no screw ups is impressive. I think the tournament record for the old layout short to A was 14, and that's with alot of top golfers like Pitts, JG, Gangloff, Myers etc playing that course. Maybe craigg will be around to correct me. Proof that it's not just the Climo's and Jenkins' that shoot the occasional amazing round.

I've play a round or 2 with Will (Hole 5 Guy) & I'll go on record saying that it's very possible that is a legit recording. Dude grew up in a Frisbee / Disc family & is pretty damn consistent out there.

IT WASN'T LEGIT, BUT HE DID THROW ALL THE SHOTS SO WE KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO BIRDIE EVERY HOLE OUT THERE, JUST MAYBE NOT ALWAYS ON THE FIRST THROW.

cool video, if only all my rounds went that smoothly, that guy can def throw every shot

I've play a round or 2 with Will (Hole 5 Guy) & I'll go on record saying that it's very possible that is a legit recording. Dude grew up in a Frisbee / Disc family & is pretty damn consistent out there.

Consistency just plain kills.

I don't know if he took multiple takes, but they were all taken around the same time of day apparently on a single day, if you notice the weather and the shadows, which were actually pretty long the whole time. I only wish I could drive and putt that consistently. Might be easier, of course, if I played at courses that were that open and flat. Round here the designers like to put the trees in the middle of all the good driving lines. :\

...is it real? if not, still mighty cool, if so...damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKr4PXJOxME

from the course:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=645

..I just shot six down there the other day with many blown puts, but 18 down with an ace run...holy smoley batman!

I'd believe it...he normally plays from the pro tee, the am tees aren't bad. For someone who plays on pro tees I'm sure the am tees are almost a piece of cake. Saw him the other day(month ago or so maybe)...pretty nice guy. Man do I love Hiestand though, plus I just started this year and my best is -8 on that course, so -18 for someone who throws on pro tees normally wouldn't surprise me. He's buddies with the glide pro shop owner too, they both grew up in Milwaukee I guess.

Because I asked him if it was all in one take and he replied "No Hole 5 Guy is not that good, I don't even think Will (Mueller) could do that". Will and Hole 5 Guy are the same guy, but alterpersonalities. I think he said something like 10-11 of them may have been legit, but he either had to retee or reputt on a handful of occassions. It was only intended to show you how to birdie every hole, it was not a claim that he shot all birdies on first shots and no mulligans. Its funny how people kept adding to the thread when I thought I had clearly said it was not legit. I often reply to a thread after only reading 3 or 4 posts and then realize it is posted later in the thread, so I can't fault anyone for it happening.

k...didn't notice your original statement about talking with him until after posting that. But I wouldn't be surprised if on a really good day he could do that.