• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1979 World Frisbee Golf Championship

This is a sweet video. I am very thankfull for modern day discs. I don't get how I could have survived with the discs in that video.

Same way we did. You didn't know any different so you learned to adapt to the current equipment.
I played for 2 years in the mid 70s with a World Class Frisbee. 140 and 165 gram. The courses were designed for the Frisbee so it seemed right to me.

I am very thankfull for modern day discs. I don't get how I could have survived with the discs in that video.

With just about every hole well under 300', you'd have done fine. And even today, Ultimate players seem to have a good time with their big, slow plastic.

This is a sweet video. I am very thankfull for modern day discs. I don't get how I could have survived with the discs in that video.

You should try playing a shorter course with super class plastic, it's a totally different game and can be a lot of fun.

Those discs back them (alot of them Wham-O of course) seem they had more of a loft, or air time, since they were more like frisbees back then. Still more domed shape, in fact they didn't really come out with the thin-edged discs til about the late 80s, with like the Eclipse. Seemed all the shots were in slow motion. Wish the film wasn't so washed out, liked to had been able to read the scorecards. I like it near the end when (maybe Snapper) missed a putt and then purposely falls backwards into the shrubs lol.

Those discs back them (alot of them Wham-O of course) seem they had more of a loft, or air time, since they were more like frisbees back then. Still more domed shape, in fact they didn't really come out with the thin-edged discs til about the late 80s, with like the Eclipse. Seemed all the shots were in slow motion. Wish the film wasn't so washed out, liked to had been able to read the scorecards. I like it near the end when (maybe Snapper) missed a putt and then purposely falls backwards into the shrubs lol.

You can still get that kind of loft today... get a Gopher. Get a Birdie. Get an 86 Softie.

I saw a guy drive a good two hundred thirty feet with an 86 Softie. I was the only one not amazed by the shot. I was too busy being amazed that I wasn't the only one out there with an 86 mold.