• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] 1st run Icon Gauge thoughts and reviews

Snagged a 180 yellow for $10 bucks in the used bin at my local store.

I've had no problems throwing 300ft on a completely straight line. Released completely flat it will push forward and track maybe just a little to the right.

Love it so far and can't wait for a run in pinnacle.

Snagged a 180 yellow for $10 bucks in the used bin at my local store.

I've had no problems throwing 300ft on a completely straight line. Released completely flat it will push forward and track maybe just a little to the right.

Love it so far and can't wait for a run in pinnacle.
:thmbup: Agreed

I went and finally bought one. Hoping this will take the place of my Mako 3. I really enjoy throwing Icon plastic.

So I played yesterday high 20's with some flurries . Managed to throw my gauge on a dead straight line into a canal . Luckily we were able to find a huge branch to bring it back in . Still getting a feel of the gauge . Definitely nice for right finishing holes

I picked up 3 sexy black 180.....these threw like stable z meteors for me. Took a couple throws to dial down but its capabke of covering alot of lines. Ive been throwing the M4 as an understable midrange, but the gauge will get some work in as well.

I went and finally bought one. Hoping this will take the place of my Mako 3. I really enjoy throwing Icon plastic.

It feels very much like a mako3.

My gauge has slightly more dome and is maybe a bit less stable than a brand new champ mako3.

Threw my gauge today in the field some; it fill the understable disc role nicely.

At around 275' of power thrown flat it will hold a turnover all the way to the ground. At around 200-225' of power it will go dead straight with pretty much no fade.

Have to slap a giant hyzer on it to hyzer flip it.

I was throwing 174-175g pink gauges.

Curious to see if the gauge in legend will be closer to a buzzz

i've had my best luck throwing the gauge on a nice smooth steady stroke just like how i'd throw a putter. i think the ghost will definitely be more of a workhorse disc, but the gauge will do a great job on the shots that i do reach for it.

Looks like im going to have to pick up another gauge cause when I throw mine at 300-310 power it turns maybe 10 feet to the right. That in my mind is not understable at all.

Blues have the highest parting lines based on what was said earlier, try another color. My green isn't as stable as my blue. Its also lighter in weight.

Looks like im going to have to pick up another gauge cause when I throw mine at 300-310 power it turns maybe 10 feet to the right. That in my mind is not understable at all.

yeah that's not what I'm seeing at all from the throws I'm getting

unless one of us is wrong in distance measuring which is possible

I got a pink 175 and a blue 179. The blue is definitely stable and the pink understable. When i throw the pink flat (300'), it has a slight right turn, holds it for 80% of the flight and has just enough fade to flatten before it hits the ground. Thrown with slight hyzer, it flips to flat and stays that way. The blue one is a true point and shoot mid.

I'm waiting until they come out in different plastics that mold up more stable before I completely drop the buzzz from the bag.

Right now though I was able to get rid of the Fuse which I never really clicked with, the gauge is more stable then the fuse for sure, but still has a nice gradual turn to it that is money on several holes around here.

Yup!!!!^^^^^

Got some throws in with my 179g yellow today. I have to say that this disc is beautifully molded. A small gradual dome, gummy plastic and vibrant color. It fies similarly to my Mako3s. It seemed to have a bit more high-speed turn and better glide when compared to my Mako3. Very workable and it flew surprisingly far. Should make a great compliment to a stable-overstable mid. Me likey so far:)