• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 and 3 angle throws

tylerc

Double Eagle Member
So there was a video on youtube of David Feldberg doing a clinic called the Jewel. I couldn't find it on youtube now.. but he explained 2 angle throws and mentions 3 angle throws! this baffled me and I have been curious how or what he is talking about! can someone explain what a three angle throw is? or maybe show a video of some examples?

A shot that hyzers all the way from your hand to the ground would be one angle. A flex shot released anny \ then finishes flat - would be two angles. A hyzer flip release / flip to fly flat - then finish anny \ would be three angles.

ok I suppose I was over thinking what he was saying but that's pretty simple

Its a little more complex than that, I was there for this demonstration its really hard to explain, the two angle starts hyzer and you change the angle of your pull through mid pull

Feldbeard was requesting ideas on his video blog series. I would love to see him explain the 3-angle shot.

He says he hast figured out a good way of explaining the three angle throw but the third angle is how the disc lands or finishes

This makes sense to me, I may be wrong but I believe he is talking about changing your body angle as you throw.. starting off with the back shoulder down but ending up level on a hyzer for example. I had someone show me this and it allows for a clean hyzer on a much much lower line than is intended to be thrown. There is a little OAT, but it is controlled. Correct me if i am wrong here?

I think a better video name would have been "Line shaping" Everyone does this instinctively, I believe he is just getting into the mechanics of the drive.

Three angle shot is how a lot of pros get their insane distance. You pull your disc through on a hyzer but change your spine angle and hyzer angle as your release. This causes your hyzer to flip into and anhyzer after a good chunk of distance. It will then ride the anhyzer back into a hyzer. It's essentially an S shot with an extra curve worth of distance. If you want to physically try it out, start with an understable disc and throw it hard at a sharp hyzer angle. See if you can get it to flex out of it. The hard part is controlling the accuracy. If done right the follow through might make you take a step right off the tee pad until you get used to it.

I'll have to try it out. I used to have horrible oats and one day it just went away after a lot of practice. I'm pretty sure I was doing a hyzer pull line then switching to anny. All shots would go out a little on the hyzer line and bomb out to the right. I didn't know how I was doing it. Now I think I understand it. Still though why not throw a turnover with a firebird for that shot. Or crazy hyzer on a really beat disc will go out to the left for a second or two then turnover with enough height. Just don't see why feldy made it seem commonly used. In all the vids I've watched I don't think I've ever seen anyone do this. Maybe I'm wrong! Anybody have video of someone utilizing oats to shape a line otherwise impossible or low probability with a different shot?

I was sleepy. Why not throw a anny forehand that'll go left then right?