• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 day TN, NC & SC disc binge from OH

I just wish I hadn't read the word "conservative", because if I tried that, "suicidal" would be the adjective of choice. I certainly can't imagine playing those six courses, and more, in 2 days.

Yea. After reviewing all the feedback here, it does look like just hitting the 6 may be all, if not more than, we can handle. And that's cool.

We are pretty efficient though. These road trips are always packed and keeping a strong pace is a must. If we are going to drive 8 hours out, we want to get in as many top courses as possible. We can rest on the way back :D

How you can limit yourselves just to 3 Disc Golf courses a day in that area is beyond me, but it's your trip----------- - Enjoy your flights and travels ------------------- - + . If I was playing in that area. i would somehow include Rollings Pines in Wilkesboro,N.C.. (a little on the short side, but it won't leave you short!! That you'll want to play it again) Sawmills Veteran Park, Sawmills, N.C. (so underrated IMO! The craftsmanship that this club has done for this course is beyond impressive!!) and Glen Hilton Memorial Park (Unfortunately, I never got to play this course. Though I have read many better than Ezra reviews of this course, when back in the area this will be for me a must stop). and depending on the time of day and travel restrictions for that day. The Highland Hills course in North Wilkesboro is a course that I bet you won't be able to shoot par or under your first time around, lol. Have fun and safe travels.

A differing opinion---I've played half the Charlotte courses, including Renny, Nevin, and Brackett's Bluff, and Camp Canaan is my favorite. Perhaps in part because of the beauty and seclusion.

But you can't go wrong, anywhere in Charlotte.

Don't get me wrong, it is jaw-dropping beautiful along the Catawba River. IMO the actual golf isn't anywhere as good as the views.

Don't get me wrong, it is jaw-dropping beautiful along the Catawba River. IMO the actual golf isn't anywhere as good as the views.

Different tastes (one of the great things about disc golf). I loved the disc golf shots as well.

But the atmosphere is a definite plus. No other park users, no sounds of traffic, the woods and fairways are beautiful (not just the ones on the river).

Different tastes (one of the great things about disc golf). I loved the disc golf shots as well.

But the atmosphere is a definite plus. No other park users, no sounds of traffic, the woods and fairways are beautiful (not just the ones on the river).

FYI I definitely need to make it down to visit you guys at Stoney Hill. We haven't been organized enough to send a group down for the Battle of Stoney Hill but hope to field a team this year.