• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 Days: Waco, Temple, Austin

Sleeping illegally in your car; the urine story, stitches; these are stories from the old days of disc; when poor; but tough, and foolish men went on disc trips....sounds awesome srm...more stories please. And; what did you think of Bartholomew?

What can I say - I'm a throwback kind of guy.

It's been years since I've been out to Bartholomew, and still enjoyed the round even though three holes are gone. Some local told me he thought this was on the slate to be redone after Searight gets finished up. I hope so, because I always love when an old course can stand the test of time. I think they should redo #11 though so you don't throw things over a barbed wire fence. :doh:

BTW - it's only illegal if you get caught. ;)

wow, great story.

yes bart is next on the list after searight, and i can't wait. i love (well, more like 'loved') bart. and no i dont know when searight will be done.

oh and also, i think you're talking about the barbed wire fence near the pool area, and though i havent been there in over a year, there at least used to be a certain specific section of fence that you could pull back and climb under pretty easily to get your disc, but that wouldn't have been as cool of a story...

Taking the same trip today, different courses though.
William Cameron Park-today
Lions Park-today
Pease Park
Circle C Metro
Austin Ridge
Both Circle R courses-Saturday
Met Center
East Metro
Possibly a couple more, and hitting up Disc Nation for a check in the box.

wow, great story.

yes bart is next on the list after searight, and i can't wait. i love (well, more like 'loved') bart. and no i dont know when searight will be done.

oh and also, i think you're talking about the barbed wire fence near the pool area, and though i havent been there in over a year, there at least used to be a certain specific section of fence that you could pull back and climb under pretty easily to get your disc, but that wouldn't have been as cool of a story...

I know the spot you're talking about and there is heavy gauge wire making it impossible to go underneath. And unfortunately, there's bloody barb wire right above it. :)

Lions Park-today
Pease Park
Circle C Metro
Austin Ridge
Met Center
East Metro

That's a pretty sweet list if you can make them all. In the end, (besides the hand) my arm just didn't hold up as well on the second day - so that's why I wasn't hitting Austin Ridge and the MetCenter. Next time.

Good luck on your trip!

Lions Park-today
Pease Park
Circle C Metro
Austin Ridge
Met Center
East Metro

Nice list, but I'd replace Met Center with Williamson County Park. Met Center's got some good holes and it's challenging, but Wilco is just plain awesome and much more scenic.

great list man. i agree with skurf though. you def need to squeeze wilco in there.

sidenote:

i heard from 2 locals that bart's was originally planned to get revamped by olse after searight but my two friends are telling me that they pulled all the holes and are turning it into a dog park :( i havnt been up there lately to see if the baskets are gone but if it is true it will be a sad day. back when we didnt have all these new courses,barts was one of my favorite courses to go play. i played it recently with the earlybirdz dg group a month ago with all the holes in. im glad i got to play it one last time if infact it will be gone forever.

I've heard from a few people that Bart was closed as well. I might drive by there tomorrow and check. Also I heard that the baskets are going in this Wed at Searight.

Latest posts