• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2007 Pro Worlds

hahah, damn, I just watched the interview with Angela and Des...I guess Des has some feelings! http://discgolftv.com/dgtv/276/mov/newest?channel_id=0&page=1

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
hahah, damn, I just watched the interview with Angela and Des...I guess Des has some feelings! http://discgolftv.com/dgtv/276/mov/newest?channel_id=0&page=1

whoa

Whoa, Sandstrom threw 199m (653 ft) in the distance comp :shock:

4 outta the top 10 are Swedish, damn those boys can throw...

Bruce said:
Furthur said:
Go check out Marcus "I throw far" Kallstrom park Blueberry #2 (530 ft) with a PURE HYZER. Simply sick.

http://discgolftv.com/dgtv/275/wmv/newest?channel_id=0&page=1

According to http://playdg.com/courses/?s=WI&c=blueberryhill&h=2, it's 370'
Still a rip though...

That actually makes more sense. I was looking at that shot, and thinking "no way that's over 400'."

Anyways, Marcus is tearing it up today. He's destroying Blueberry this morning.

Okay, I just saw a huge hyzer line 530' toss where the thrower doesn't even follow through with his legs.

I think I'm quitting disc golf.

[edit]Okay it was "only" 360' or so. Still was incredibly high and hyzer all the way with what looked like zero effort. I guess I can still keep playing the game now.[/edit]

Parks said:
Okay, I just saw a huge hyzer line 530' toss where the thrower doesn't even follow through with his legs.

I think I'm quitting disc golf.

I still think he could throw one, though.

I've parked (within 10') hole 2 at Blueberry Hill. When I did it it was only 370 and yes my shot was hyzer the whole way also.

However I believe they are playing a worlds' layout that is significantly longer than the standard layout. Many of the holes are 100' longer than normal. Another example is Granite Ridge 18. I remember the hole to be around 420' uphill that played like 550'. Now I think they say it is 739'.

roadkill said:
I It turns out that our local homeboy Linc Morgan crushed the field to win his second Mini Disc Golf World Championship. He won by a 7 stroke margin. Get this: he was 10 under on the back nine! Eight deuces and an ace in nine holes, how's that for smokin?

As far as "big golf" goes, my boy Mose is in 5th and fellow Pennsylvanian Markus Kallstrom is in 4th. Another Pa. homeboy Joey Mela is 4th in Masters. Central Pa.'s Don Dillon is tied for 1st in Legends!

So far my hometown has claimed one World Championship in Highbridge and we have four more regional golfers in the top 5 of their divisions!

Update:
My friend Linc added a Worlds Ace (Woodland Bear #8 ) to his Mini Disc Worlds Championship and mini ace. (Has anyone else had both a mini ace and big golf ace in the same worlds before? I think not).
Central Pa's Don Dillon has opened up an 8 stroke lead in the Legends Division. North Pa's Markus Kallstrom in second. My boy Moser is still hanging out in 5th place Open, six strokes off Doss.

Furthur said:
Bruce said:
Furthur said:
Go check out Marcus "I throw far" Kallstrom park Blueberry #2 (530 ft) with a PURE HYZER. Simply sick.

http://discgolftv.com/dgtv/275/wmv/newest?channel_id=0&page=1

According to http://playdg.com/courses/?s=WI&c=blueberryhill&h=2, it's 370'
Still a rip though...

That actually makes more sense. I was looking at that shot, and thinking "no way that's over 400'."

Anyways, Marcus is tearing it up today. He's destroying Blueberry this morning.

Ya. Nice throw to get it parked, but I've deuced that hole on a similar shot and my two playing partners overthrew the pin. It's pretty downhill and the prevailing breeze usually makes for the hyzer.

Now then, 18 on Granite and 17 on Blueberry are another thing.

Markus was like Babe Ruth on BH 17. He said that he'd be going for the pin and he did and he parked. Very, very tough shot. Indeed, make-able by the likes of Avery and Doss as well, but in competition play at this level they wouldn't risk the shot...Markus did. I think DGTV has it as a shot of the day somewhere. I was standing about 40 feet away with a small group and beleive me, we were stunned. MK threw bombs all week.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, the Worlds' courses were extended for the tourney.
Blueberry Hill is normally 370. However from watching the video it did appear the tee was moved back significantly. I know what the hole looks like from the 370' tee. Markus was not throwing from the 370' tee. 530' may very well be accurate.

MDR_3000 said:
#2 at blueberry? It's 370' ...I threw my putter on that hole.

Did you throw hole 2 Bluberry during the 2007 Pro Worlds as in last week?

If not you probably did not throw the same hole they did. I parked hole 2 BH at the 2005 Mid Nationals. I also had several shots in practice in which I accidentally overdrove it by 150 feet almost hitting the Honka house. From the standard tee it is reachable with a midrange or even a putter if you are a big arm.

The video of Markus shows a different angle to the green than from the standard tee.

roadkill said:
MDR_3000 said:
#2 at blueberry? It's 370' ...I threw my putter on that hole.

Did you throw hole 2 Bluberry during the 2007 Pro Worlds as in last week?

If not you probably did not throw the same hole they did. I parked hole 2 BH at the 2005 Mid Nationals. I also had several shots in practice in which I accidentally overdrove it by 150 feet almost hitting the Honka house. From the standard tee it is reachable with a midrange or even a putter if you are a big arm.

The video of Markus shows a different angle to the green than from the standard tee.

MDR was at worlds last week.

Sometimes videos and pictures of holes are deceiving. There are many holes on playdg.com that I don't recognize right away from the pictures because they look so much different in person.

Latest posts