• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Secret Santa (Christmas Edition)

i would much rather you wait until Friday. The address werent supposed to go out until this weekend, but in the interest of time and less work we sent out early

OK solomon, I will wait a few days. Only 'cause you asked nice...and put in all the hard work getting this together. ;) I will have you know that I may have a hemorrhage staring at a box that is ready to go wondering if my SS will like it. :p

I also agree that seeing the first pic up gets the juices flowing again. Stoked to see what I get and to see if my SS likes what they are getting.

BTW...Merry Christmas to everyone.

Last minute entry, but I'm in. I always regretted not doing it last year.

Here's my breakdown, even though anything is welcome.

Hat... I don't know. I have a normal head. Anything adjustable I guess. I'm not really a hat guy.
Shirt... Large if normal run, if it runs small then XL.
Mids and Fairways please, no distance drivers (I don't have the arm for them)
I'd like to try Vibram and MVP (no Ions... didn't care for them)
A Stalker would be nice, I still haven't replaced the one I lost.
Blue and Pink discs are always welcome.
No putters, they are just too "feel" dependent.
Beads and I don't mix (Comet, Roc).
I play in the woods, so Champ/Z is preferred, Star/ESP next
I would rather try a new disc than get a copy of one I already have.

Discs I have/tried and thus would like to stay away from:
Predator
Teebird
Cyclone
XL
Leopard
Drone
Buzzz
Buzzz SS
Glide
Meteor
Fuse
Core
XD
Comet
Ion
Aviar
Swan
Pure
Magic
Savage

Should be fun, can't wait to be surprised!

Last edited:
Omg wow I missed that. And my secret santa happened to b my friend who I play with all the time.. and lives right around the corner.. u people take this wayyy to seriously..
its all good, that must have gotten lost in all the addresses
I just had a brilliant idea!!! Oh I wish I could see the look on their face when they open this one!
no flying dog poop:sick:

So in July when we do this, maybe just as a suggestion: if you get someone that you play with regularly let whoever is doing it know immediately so they can switch it around. I know what the spreadsheet looks like and even with proofreading it a few times there were still things we caught right as we were sending out messages (not many, which shows how thorough solomon was in putting it together). Addresses that were close was not something I was checking as I was sending out PMs. If for example: someone from Louisiana was sending to Arkansas I wasn't going to google map both locations to see if they just happen to be across the border from each other, or since there are a lot of players from NC I wasn't mapping those either. My local geography of states pretty much is limited to large cities in the state, not suburbs or smaller towns (especially eastern states)
With over 100 participants I think solomon did a masterful job in keeping it as straight as it was. :clap:

Im still shopping and will mail out no later than dec 7th...with delivery confirmation of course ;) Im finding it somewhat difficult to shop for mine cuz he hasnt posted any wants so he is gettin stuff I like and swag I feel would be useful this time of year for his geographic area.

not mad at all....duno how you can think that....smh is all. Would you give someone a xmas gift now??? Maybe december 1st, but November 20th is crazy (and we dont even have thanksgiving in the middle!)

I did give my wife a Christmas present yesterday ...

Im thinking about sending out two boxes once i get my SS recipient. The first a gag box full of grooves and beat to hell wolves and the second the real gift box lol

I forgot to add I like mids around 175 and drivers around 168.

Last minute entry, but I'm in. I always regretted not doing it last year.

Here's my breakdown, even though anything is welcome.

Hat... I don't know. I have a normal head. Anything adjustable I guess. I'm not really a hat guy.
Shirt... Large if normal run, if it runs small then XL.
Mids and Fairways please, no distance drivers (I don't have the arm for them)
I'd like to try Vibram and MVP (no Ions... didn't care for them)
A Stalker would be nice, I still haven't replaced the one I lost.
Blue and Pink discs are always welcome.
No putters, they are just too "feel" dependent.
Beads and I don't mix (Comet, Roc).
I play in the woods, so Champ/Z is preferred, Star/ESP next
I would rather try a new disc than get a copy of one I already have.

Discs I have/tried and thus would like to stay away from:
Predator
Teebird
Cyclone
XL
Leopard
Drone
Buzzz
Buzzz SS
Glide
Meteor
Fuse
Core
XD
Comet
Ion
Aviar
Swan
Pure
Magic
Savage

Should be fun, can't wait to be surprised!

I'm in!
XL shirt
unique minis
any premium type plastic discs
tourney stamped discs

As far as dislikes, none. It is a gift and will be joyfully, thankfully recieved!

Mids/putters max weight
Drivers @ 167
The tourney stamped discs will be wall hangers most likely, so weights not an issue.
(Noticed Rhinesel's update and thought it was a great idea!)

Got both of my addresses and can't wait to get everything together and sent out. Oh and whoever got me I tend to throw heavier weights. :) Big thanks to those who put this together!