• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Secret Santa (Christmas Edition)

:wall:

:thmbdown:

Don't play from that side of the plate ... I likes the ... "female parts" too much :hfive:

LOL ... just one of those ... couple months really.

what he said about the chicks! and atleast spell BOOTY right if ur gonna make fun of me lol

sorry to hear that, u do a good job of hiding it...if that counts for anything but u know u can always talk to me. Hows ur shoulder?

sorry to hear that, u do a good job of hiding it...if that counts for anything but u know u can always talk to me. Hows ur shoulder?

meh ... no sense in getting everyone around you down too. Shoulder/lat still not 100% yet still iffy on shots over 60% power.

and you're not helping our "cause" with Solomon :popcorn:

more-food-please-fat-kid-more-funny-pictures-1300971561.jpg

PICS!!

making the min $ 25.00, everybody seems to be in the christmas spirit!

honestly even @ $25 most every package I've seen on here blows that away. I can go to me local DG store and $25 won't get me 2 priemium plastic discs from any manufacturer. Much less any swag ... etc.

Problem is the few that get in something like this to get that "sweet package" and send 1 or 2 discs to meet the minimum. You're always going to have that sorta thing no matter what you make the minimum.

honestly even @ $25 most every package I've seen on here blows that away. I can go to me local DG store and $25 won't get me 2 priemium plastic discs from any manufacturer. Much less any swag ... etc.

Problem is the few that get in something like this to get that "sweet package" and send 1 or 2 discs to meet the minimum. You're always going to have that sorta thing no matter what you make the minimum.

Not everyone is able to 'go all out' with gifts. I think it is fair to keep the minimum at $15. You don't want to make folks feel as if that can't be involved.

While I think it would be pretty cool to get some of those really, really nice packages, I also would be just fine getting one disc.

I went all out this year on three packages sent but I also have a large stockpile of discs to pull from along with shirt and some other things. Let's keep it simple for everyone.

I will say that when I got in on this, things were going pretty well financially for me. but as the winter came, sales went down big time and times got really tough, i wasnt even sure how i was going to get something decent for my SS. i ended up having a firesale of all my collectible plastic, and managed to put something together that I was proud to send. It in no way compares to what I recieved but my intention was not to get the best package, but to ship something to someone that they would appreciate. i wasnt even thinking about what i would get. when the package was delivered to my old office, I asked the guy who signed for it "what is it a couple discs?" he said, "ummmmm its a bunch of stuff" I would like to think that everyone did what they could. thats what this is about. If someone can only afford 15 bucks but really put the effort in, and they got the best haul of them all maybe they were the ones who really deserved that package. all Im saying is, just because you dont send out a monster package, doesnt mean you werent just as deserving of recieving one.

/end rant.

QUOTE]

not UR problem in particular joe_kool cuz we are in the same boat but u know what i mean, u already know this.

hate to say it but that right there is your problem...and i catch crap for goin online to get my stuff. And hear constantly "support small business" well its difficult to do that when for over a week i couldnt get to ur small business because you dont keep hours suitable for working people and arent open or delegate someone to cover the store for personal things going on. And prices...well when u are chargin 15.99 for DC z plastic and across town you can get it for 13.99 with not quite as good of a selection however, and could go online and get z for 12.99 with free shipping and pick color and weight. what else is there to say? and those are only my personal gripes, not to mention what i hear from others.

OK wow ... without the quote I quoted in there I sound like a real jerk. OH well ... I was just commenting on the guy saying to raise it. Someone else even mentioned having a "tiered" SS for next year that Solomon quickly shot down as well. That's all I was saying.

I'm all about doing what I can to make this a good thing. I thought about doing 2 packages but knew I wouldn't be able to do 2 "nice" packages the way I would want them done, something that I'd be happy getting so I didn't.

and i may have missed something but i just wanted to clarify that this SS is a $15 minimum, not $25.

so what you mentioned as $25 is already above and beyond.

i dont think it made u sound like a jerk at all. But u made a point that ive been saying for a long time locally and its about the store. I saw what u were sending and that was more than plenty. I wouldve been happy with it, discraft or not. And like the others said, thats not what its all about.

not UR problem in particular joe_kool cuz we are in the same boat but u know what i mean, u already know this.

hate to say it but that right there is your problem...and i catch crap for goin online to get my stuff. And hear constantly "support small business" well its difficult to do that when for over a week i couldnt get to ur small business because you dont keep hours suitable for working people and arent open or delegate someone to cover the store for personal things going on. And prices...well when u are chargin 15.99 for DC z plastic and across town you can get it for 13.99 with not quite as good of a selection however, and could go online and get z for 12.99 with free shipping and pick color and weight. what else is there to say? and those are only my personal gripes, not to mention what i hear from others.

Shug ... honestly that's about any brick and moarter DISC GOLF store where DG is the primary or main buisness. Even some where it's either an insurance co. and disc or another buisness and discs. I've been to several, all over the country, and price point is pretty consistant. A buisness that has a solid customer base for their main buisness and just happens to have a selection of discs from one or 2 manufacturers doesn't have the same overhead and price can be lower as they'll stay in buisness whether they sell any discs or not. Online only stores don't have the overhead either.

ANYWAY ... we're getting WAY off topic here so

LETS SEE SOME PICS!:hfive:

hey WC do you have a thread on here at all with pics of some of your work? ive seen the lil boxes in the SS pics, looks nice, what else do u do?

You can go to my social, I have some pics there. Cabinets , jewlwery boxes, benches. I do need to update with other projects Iv done.