• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

Alright guys, the OP has been updated with a basic itinerary. Times and what not might be change a bit, but it's a good start. I also added a couple more confirmed members to the list.

The next step is the players pack. I think we will know for sure what's going to be in them by the end of next week and start taking official orders. The deadline will be August 19th, and all orders and payments will be do by then.

This would be a blast.. I might see if I can bring my wife and possibly brother to this.. =) Probably either Gordon Holton or the Players. Actually never been to the Players, so this would be a good chance.

This would be a blast.. I might see if I can bring my wife and possibly brother to this.. =) Probably either Gordon Holton or the Players. Actually never been to the Players, so this would be a good chance.

Definitely come on out. Saturday the 24th would be your best bet if you are only going to come out for one day. We will playing both Gordon Holton and Alum Creek that day, ( I think) but whatever courses we end up playing Saturday will still be your best bet, that's when most people are coming out and we will be giving away the most prizes and what not that day.

Its going to be an amazing time, guaranteed.

Definitely come on out. Saturday the 24th would be your best bet if you are only going to come out for one day. We will playing both Gordon Holton and Alum Creek that day, ( I think) but whatever courses we end up playing Saturday will still be your best bet, that's when most people are coming out and we will be giving away the most prizes and what not that day.

Its going to be an amazing time, guaranteed.

Yeah I will definitely put it on the calendar. Gordon Holton is my favorite in the area, and as I said it will be nice to try out Alum Creek. =) Although if I wanted to compete it would be wise to try it before the meet up. lol. Can't say I would be there the whole day, but at least for one or two of the events. =)

Hey, whatever you make it out for will be great. We're going to have a lot going on so there will definitely be some good stuff happening no matter what time you come out. I think Saturday we'll be doing the ring of fire and CTP among other things. If the plan stays the same as it is now, we will probably play doubles at Alum Creek so that might help if you don't get a chance to make it out there before hand.

I actually have a buddy that lives out in Marysville that plays disc golf. You ever play in the league they started out there a few weeks ago?

No I haven't, actually.. I've just been getting back into the sport since the rainy season in ohio finally went away. =P But I'll have to look them up.. I've mainly just played with family most of my career.

Yeah check it out if you have time. I believe its thursday at like 5 or 5:30. I've never played myself but my buddy says the folks that run it are really cool. He bumped into them on the course and they asked if he would be interested in coming out and playing. He told them that he couldn't because they started at 5 and he doesn't get off work until then, and the dude was like cool, next week 5:30.

I know they also do a handicap so it's great for all skill types. Takes two weeks to figure out your handicap, but after that the playing field should be pretty level. I'll probably start going here in a couple weeks, once the heat wave passes, lol.

Sounds awesome, and I think I'll try to come as sometimes long as its okay to bring my wife. ;)

If I'm not mistaken I think my buddy said it's a dude and his wife that run it. I can't say 100% on that though, but yeah that's never an issue at most leagues. I'm of the female variety and I plan on playing out there at some point.

I'll get another update on that first post here in a day or two, but in the meantime here are the stats on members attending:

21 Confirmed
08 Maybes
10 Camping
13 Player's Packs

Hopefully there will be some more interest in the player's pack, we'll need to sell at least 25 to make the order. Last day for orders will be August 19th, 2011 so if you want 'em let us know.

It's going to be a great time folks.

I'll get another update on that first post here in a day or two, but in the meantime here are the stats on members attending:

21 Confirmed
08 Maybes
10 Camping
13 Player's Packs

Hopefully there will be some more interest in the player's pack, we'll need to sell at least 25 to make the order. Last day for orders will be August 19th, 2011 so if you want 'em let us know.

It's going to be a great time folks.

You can put me down for a player pack, as long as it doesn't end up too far over the $35 you have on the OP.. ;) Do you know what is going to be part of the pack, yet?

You can put me down for a player pack, as long as it doesn't end up too far over the $35 you have on the OP.. ;) Do you know what is going to be part of the pack, yet?

It definitely won't be over the 35 mark. I'm hoping that we keep it between 20-25 and it should contain the following:

2 discs
1 tshirt
1 towel
1 bag tag

All will have custom artwork/stamps, but the artwork hasn't been decided upon just yet.

Alright updated the first post again with the most recent info. Right now we are working on the artwork and selecting what discs will be in the player's packs. I will post all of that and the final price as soon as possible and start taking orders.

I will also be reserving campsites soon. A couple of people on the list are going to grab their own sites, but I assume that everyone else would just like to camp in the main group? Right now I think there are 8 of us so I will just plan on grabbing two campsites. I'm going to wait a few more days before reserving to give a couple more people a chance to get in on it. Right now its looking like the cost for camping will be $16 per person, but that will change if more people decide to come out.

I'll update all of that as I get the info.

It's starting to come together.