• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

I also want to ask what type of discs you guys want to see. Mids, Putters, Fairway Drivers, Distance Drivers? I want to try to keep them both somewhat beginner friendly, but wanted to hear what you guys think.

I'm kind of leaning toward some kind of teebird/leopard combo or roc/leopard combo, but wanted to hear what you all think. Anyway we go we are probably looking right around 28-29 bucks per pack, but I need to get the shipping costs of the discs and paragon packs to know for sure.

My vote is Pro Leopard and Star or Champ Teebird. Maybe even Pro Teebird to keep cost down a little.

Discs aren't available in all plastic. No Pro Leopards or Pro Teebirds. Basically I know the plastics that I would be getting each disc in, this was based primarily on prices, but I just wanted to see what types you guys would like to see.

If we go Teebird/Leopard it will be DX Teebirds/Star or Champ Leopards. If we go higher grade plastic on the Teebirds it would have to be either champ or star and would bump us up past the $30 mark per pack and I know the majority wants to keep it under.

Basically here are the main options I was thinking of:

DX Teebird/Star Leopard
DX Roc/Star Leopard
KC Pro Roc/Aviar (One of the following KC, JK, Or Yeti)

There are a couple other combos but basically all combos will probably have one lower end plastic and one higher end plastic to keep the price right around where most peeps are wanting it.

I'm thinking that all decisions regarding the packs, discs, plastics, stamps and artwork etc will be final by Friday night and I will start taking orders on Saturday. On Saturday morning I will PM everyone on the confirmed and maybes will an order form of sorts and get shirt sizes, preferred disc weights, and quantities. The payments can be done the same as camping either Paypal (please send as gift or include the fees, either is fine with me) or in person.

I will start working on an updated post and get that off to a mod to add to the OP so all the information is easy to find and access.

If you have any questions or comments let me know.

Alright thought I would throw all of the artwork into one post so everyone could take a look at it together.

Front (Chest)
picture.php

Back (Full)
picture.php

Hotstamp for Discs
picture.php

I'll start sending out PM with an order form of sorts to everyone that plans on attending late tonight and early tomorrow unless you have already let me know that you aren't interested. The PM will have all of the payments detail and if you have any questions, as always just shoot me a PM.

I'll vote Tbird/leopard combo as I have neither.... & would like to try both... ( alrhough I'd probably keep the one as mint)

will the towels have a print on them? & are the bag tags just for that weekend? Or are they travel tags?

They are acrylic bag tags and they will have the year and each have a number. You don't write on them like you do the DGCR travel tags, but when you play someone else that has one the the lower score takes the lower numbered tag. The towels have the Paragon Disc Golf logo on them, as will the tshirts, but just on the sleeve, the rest of the shirt will have the artwork from the thread.

trading disc and night golf!

will anybody be up for some trading at this meet? I have a pile of discs sitting around and i wouldn't mind working out some trades. I have never done a tournament or anything so I have no clue what goes down at these kind of things.

I wouldn't mind trading disc. I am looking for kc champ firebird or kc pro whippets/rocs. I have a box of barely used disc, mostly recent innova.

I have questions about night golf and one question is.... which method is best for lighting the disc, use glow disc or taping a light to disc?

I wouldn't mind trading disc. I am looking for kc champ firebird or kc pro whippets/rocs. I have a box of barely used disc, mostly recent innova.

I have questions about night golf and one question is.... which method is best for lighting the disc, use glow disc or taping a light to disc?

Lights last longer but I use a combo. I have a glo Valk and a glo roc, and I use a light on the bottom of a white DX Rhyno for putting. I believe I still have a handheld blacklight, but I have to check and see. If so those are the best way to charge your discs. Mine runs off of two AA batteries and fits right in my bag. What I am thinking is if we can get enough portables we might be able to set something up around the campground for glo. If not we can maybe make a safari course for the glo round, its just some of the holes at theses courses would be tough for glo, but I definitely think it would be a great time for everyone.

I'll bring mine

I'll keep nagging the wife for a poertable...would probably be one of the cheap insteps but.... We'll see!

Awesome guys. I know of one other guy that's bringing one and possible a couple more.

Okay guys, start checking your PMs. I've started sending out an order form of sorts for the player's packs. The sooner you guys can get back to me the better, would love to get these things ordered as soon as possible.

Also keep in mind that we need to start reserving campsites. If you plan on camping please get me asap with your payment so I can get these sites reserved, they're going fast.

Thanks, guys.

First post has been updated again. Added the campground map with the first site that I reserved highlighted. I also added some info for the players packs, pics and what not. It's all really coming together now.

A couple things I wanted to mention, again, I'm taking money for camping, so those of you wishing to get those payments in so we can grab a couple more sites. Also we have a few things donated for prizes, but I would like to see some more. The more things donated, the deeper we can go for payouts and hopefully give everyone a shot to get a little something.

I've never seen the campground, but it looks like we might have plenty of room across the road from that campsite for some glow rounds :D

I've never seen the campground, but it looks like we might have plenty of room across the road from that campsite for some glow rounds :D

Plus, if you look at the map, our loop only has 8 sites, and we will have at least 5 of those, maybe more so we should be the only ones on that loop. I don't see why anyone would want to take the last three sites in a loop that's packed when there is so many other sites available. This should leave us plenty of room for some nice holes.

We should also be able to use the large circle grassy area in the middle of the circle. I was thinking about popping up a canopy there for everyone to have a nice place to prepare food and what not, the water spigot is right there. I have at least one table that I can bring to put under there and can maybe get a hold of one or two more and I'm going to try to get my gas grill up there as well.

Latest posts