• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Birdie-or-Bust at Bear Creek - Mar. 17 - Grapevine, TX

rec is the lowest division (other than novice which isn't offered some times). intermediate is between rec and advanced, typically int has players who are skilled but screw us from time to time. I've never played rec but my wife moved up to intermediate men over rec men because she said a lot of them didn't know, or play by, the rules (foot fault).

you will not get a different rating. Int is worth more points but points are pointless :doh:.

They typicall advise is, play rec your first time and go for the win.

...and tournament golf is very different from casual. In a full event expect 3+ hour rounds and a wait on almost every tee box. (still worth playing though) Have a lunch plan if it isn't provided, you normally have an houre for lunch from when the last card is turned in, so plan accordingly. Either bring food, or figure out the closest place (i don't know that area well but personally don't know of close fast food).

explain, and there is plenty of food up near 114 and william d tate which is just around the corner

if you have been playing for 8 years, INT. if you played once 8 years ago and just started playing again....

8 years off and on, Ill go through stages where Ill play a few rounds a week and then I wont be able to get out on the course for a couple weeks. The year's playing stat is deceiving. I first around 01, but didn't play on a regular basis till about 04/05. But didn't start taking form, discs, technique seriously until about 2 years ago.

I just know that I play a lot worse when I am playing with friends that only play a few times a year compared to when I play with people who make a regular habit about it. I expect to have fun, and relax but I definitely take it serious.

8 years off and on, Ill go through stages where Ill play a few rounds a week and then I wont be able to get out on the course for a couple weeks. The year's playing stat is deceiving. I first around 01, but didn't play on a regular basis till about 04/05. But didn't start taking form, discs, technique seriously until about 2 years ago.

I just know that I play a lot worse when I am playing with friends that only play a few times a year compared to when I play with people who make a regular habit about it. I expect to have fun, and relax but I definitely take it serious.

id play INT if i were you

lol, chopz,,,, *screw up* my bad. They have the shots of an advanced player just don't have the consistency of a pro.

the food remark was due to my first PGDA event being at bear creek. a poorly run maceman event where he kept adding holes and players so by the time my card was done we had like 30 minutes break before round two so it was a mad dash up the freeway to find food, ended up getting gas station sandwiches and having to scarf it down as we jogged from the far parking lot. Ended up playing the last few holes in the dark.

the food remark was due to my first PGDA event being at bear creek. a poorly run maceman event where he kept adding holes and players so by the time my card was done we had like 30 minutes break before round two so it was a mad dash up the freeway to find food, ended up getting gas station sandwiches and having to scarf it down as we jogged from the far parking lot. Ended up playing the last few holes in the dark.

Field will be capped at 90, at worst it will be 5 man cards. I intend to be punctual and fair at the same time so none of that happens.

If it is was capped at 72, I would definitely be there. Two rounds with five man cards takes all frickin day.

I dont think there is a tourney out there that does 4 man cards unless the turnout sucks, and wheres the fun in that?

If it is was capped at 72, I would definitely be there. Two rounds with five man cards takes all frickin day.

Well, we've got almost 40 signed up with 8 days to go. We may or not fill it to 90. I'm with you on the 72 cap EXCEPT that this is Bear Creek. Most guys will shoot 60 or less except some in Rec. The game play should move along quicker than say Veteran's or Turner.

Well, we've got almost 40 signed up with 8 days to go. We may or not fill it to 90. I'm with you on the 72 cap EXCEPT that this is Bear Creek. Most guys will shoot 60 or less except some in Rec. The game play should move along quicker than say Veteran's or Turner.

Agreed. Should move really quick, except for holes 6, 12-17. So maybe not haha.

if the weather is nice, there will be a ton of casual golfers at Bear Creek, always is

Latest posts