• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Birdie-or-Bust at Bear Creek - Mar. 17 - Grapevine, TX

Not meaning to throw a monkey wrench in the works, but does the City of Grapevine or the Grapevine Parks Dept. know about this tournament? Last I heard, they were requiring any tournament at Bear Creek to have a rent-a-cop present during the entire event. I hope that has changed, but it would be bad if the Grapevine cops came in during the event and busted it up.

This event is official and approved by the city. It has the blessing of the parks director.

For all that attend, it's time to prove to Grapevine that disc golf belongs in the city and at Bear Creek.

This event is official and approved by the city. It has the blessing of the parks director.

For all that attend, it's time to prove to Grapevine that disc golf belongs in the city and at Bear Creek.

Awesome! Let's give Bear Creek a good reputation finally!

I've been depressed about my last few tournaments...TERRIBLE rated rounds. I just averaged them out and luckily I'm still averaging slightly over my current rating so far this year (big thanks to my 1019 rated at LL Woods). Even though it's my bday the day before and it may be a late night I'm thinking I'll make it out and try to get back on track! What's a decent to top ADV score at Bear Creek from the longs?

I've been depressed about my last few tournaments...TERRIBLE rated rounds. I just averaged them out and luckily I'm still averaging slightly over my current rating so far this year (big thanks to my 1019 rated at LL Woods). Even though it's my bday the day before and it may be a late night I'm thinking I'll make it out and try to get back on track! What's a decent to top ADV score at Bear Creek from the longs?

You're a good player don't sweat a few bad rounds! The more u worry about it the worse u do! Last weekend I shot 1002 the backed it up with a 898 lol!

You're a good player don't sweat a few bad rounds! The more u worry about it the worse u do! Last weekend I shot 1002 the backed it up with a 898 lol!

:doh: Yeah I won't let it get to me.

Oh by the way, I saw how you were able to bomb those Blizzard discs so I picked one up the other day. That thing is awesome!

feel your pain brotha, my rating is likely to drop 10 points after my last couple tournies

Yeah, you have bee shooting a little orange. :D

I wish I had the time to play a round or two a week, but I've been swamped with school. I know I am getting better but the consistency is just not there- my rating has dropped a lot but also I don't have many rated rounds especially lately, I really need to play more tourneys

If ur rating has dropped u need to practice in an open field more and unload your bag! Do that for a few weeks the go play a few rounds then play a tourney! Dont play a tourney if u haven't practiced or your rating will drop 25 points like mine has! But it should be on its way back up now!

I'm saying around -10 for the day to win Advanced...maybe better. A lot of birdie holes at the Bear.

I'm saying around -10 for the day to win Advanced...maybe better. A lot of birdie holes at the Bear.

You are probably right with that prediction and most of those strokes will come from the shorts. The longs are harder to 2 and easier to 4, so it can really take some steam off of your round.

The best I've shot from the longs was -2 and I felt like that was excellent haha.

This will be March Madness Opening Weekend, can't miss that. Did Play Poison Ivy Open in 2008 there, think that was the last Tournament.

Hole 8 eats my lunch, everyone have Fun