• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 GBO!

steve a and I are coming down from Iowa

i'm pumped!

-side note, i registered and did everything and haven't gotten a confirmation email... should i be concerned? i don't have a pdga # yet, it's on order, hoping that doesn't hold me up... i don't want to miss out

Wish I was going after talking to Rusco last night but because of dubs, Duncan, paw paw, and worlds,and all the others, I have to pick and unfortunatly it didnt make the cut

What! There are so many ppl from our area going you can car pool and tent camp.

People have camped in Jones Park in the past. I assume this will be an option again this year. I will try to check and find out. There is also a campground on HWY 50.

I don't remember for sure what the Players Pack was last year.

I am thinking it was a DryFit, Hat, First Run Nuke SS?? There may have been more?

Players Pack for this year hasn't completely been finalized yet. I can assure you it will be Rad! I will try to post what it is when it is finalized.

Yeah thats what the players pack was exactly last yr. If the weather is anything like it was last yr (minus sunday) camping will be extremely miserable unless you have an RV.

Okay, so this will be my first GBO. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Emporia? I'm looking at some of the hotels on the DD website and I do not want to spend a fortune at the higher end hotels. The Budget Host Inn had the best price. I plan to stay 5 nights, anybody else have any experience staying in Emporia?
The Budget Host is out on the east side and a bit out of the way. I've never stayed there, but haven't heard anything particularly good about the place.

I've stayed at the Motel 6 in years past which is just about seven blocks or so from Jones. For an economy motel, its pretty good. Lots of players stayed there last year.

They still had a $39.99 rate for one person. $6 for the second person. and $3 for each person after. That's before you use the PDGA corporate rate code, which knocks off 10%.

Note for any of you booking a motel. The PDGA offers discounts at some chains.

http://www.pdga.com/members/benefits

Motel 6 - 10% off
Wyndham Hotel Group - 20% off

WHG includes these hotels in Emporia...

Days Inn
Knights Inn
Super 8

All three of these are clustered on the west side of town on Highway 50, probably 2 minutes from I-35.

With the PDGA discount I came up with the following rates per night. Note, these are subject to change.

Motel 6 - 2630 W 18th
(1 queen or 2 full)
1 person = $35.99
2 people = $41.39
(2 full)
3 people = $44.09
4 people = $46.79

Days Inn - 3032 W Hwy 50
1 queen (1 or 2 people) - $47.99
1 king (1, 2 or 4 people) - $52.79
2 queens (2, 3 or 4 people) - $52.79

Knights Inn - 3183 W Hwy 50
2 double (full I would assume)
1 adult - $43.99
2 adults - $47.99
3 adults - $55.99
4 adults - $63.99

1 queen
1 adult - $43.99
2 adults - $47.99
3 adults - $55.99

1 king
1 adult - $44.79
2 adults - $47.99
3 adults - $55.99

2 queens
1 adult - $47.99
2 adults - $52.79
3 adults - $60.79
4 adults - $68.79

Super 8 - 2913 W Hwy 50
1 king (1 or 2 people) - $51.99
2 queens (2, 3 or 4 people) $59.99

If you are planning to book a room, I would advise doing it as early as possible. They are expecting up to 500 people in Emporia that weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott!

I know that you posted you probably wouldn't be able to play this year because of work. If you can make it to E-town on Saturday or Sunday to spot I can hook you up with some GBO gear.

Smitty

Pretty sure I will be there :D...need to register here pretty quick though.

Okay, so this will be my first GBO. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Emporia? I'm looking at some of the hotels on the DD website and I do not want to spend a fortune at the higher end hotels. The Budget Host Inn had the best price. I plan to stay 5 nights, anybody else have any experience staying in Emporia?

The Budget Host is out on the east side and a bit out of the way. I've never stayed there, but haven't heard anything particularly good about the place.

I've stayed at the Motel 6 in years past which is just about seven blocks or so from Jones. For an economy motel, its pretty good. Lots of players stayed there last year.

They still had a $39.99 rate for one person. $6 for the second person. and $3 for each person after. That's before you use the PDGA corporate rate code, which knocks off 10%.

Note for any of you booking a motel. The PDGA offers discounts at some chains.

http://www.pdga.com/members/benefits

Motel 6 - 10% off
Wyndham Hotel Group - 20% off

WHG includes these hotels in Emporia...

Days Inn
Knights Inn
Super 8

All three of these are clustered on the west side of town on Highway 50, probably 2 minutes from I-35.

With the PDGA discount I came up with the following rates per night. Note, these are subject to change.

Motel 6 - 2630 W 18th
(1 queen or 2 full)
1 person = $35.99
2 people = $41.39
(2 full)
3 people = $44.09
4 people = $46.79

Days Inn - 3032 W Hwy 50
1 queen (1 or 2 people) - $47.99
1 king (1, 2 or 4 people) - $52.79
2 queens (2, 3 or 4 people) - $52.79

Knights Inn - 3183 W Hwy 50
2 double (full I would assume)
1 adult - $43.99
2 adults - $47.99
3 adults - $55.99
4 adults - $63.99

1 queen
1 adult - $43.99
2 adults - $47.99
3 adults - $55.99

1 king
1 adult - $44.79
2 adults - $47.99
3 adults - $55.99

2 queens
1 adult - $47.99
2 adults - $52.79
3 adults - $60.79
4 adults - $68.79

Super 8 - 2913 W Hwy 50
1 king (1 or 2 people) - $51.99
2 queens (2, 3 or 4 people) $59.99

If you are planning to book a room, I would advise doing it as early as possible. They are expecting up to 500 people in Emporia that weekend.
Budget Host Inn Emporia, KS

The whole town is 5mile range so you cant be that far out.

The rates from what I checked were

$30.99/person
$35.99/two person

They were queen or king depending on availability, based on reviews online Budget Host Inn Emporia is not bad value for price.

Budget Host Inn Emporia, KS

The whole town is 5mile range so you cant be that far out.

The rates from what I checked were

$30.99/person
$35.99/two person

They were queen or king depending on availability, based on reviews online Budget Host Inn Emporia is not bad value for price.

I've actually stayed here - (of 2 hotels I've gotten in the last 10 years). Best price in town I could find. Good place if you don't need any bells and whistles.

Registered, hotel registrations and money saved up. I've never been so ready for something haha.

Latest posts