• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Goals

1. Get my first Am 1 win.
2. Finish in the (funny) money in Am 1 for the NEFA Points series and Finals.
3. Play a non-major outside of New England (DC area hopefully).
4. Develop a consistent practice routine.

1. Work on my attitude on the dg course.
2. More confidence in my putting game.
3. Improve on my backhand game.
4. Play at least 10 new courses.
5. Just have fun playing the best sport ever!

End of year goal
1. Rehab my elbow, shoulder, knees and foot (this is the hardest thing for me. If I can walk I want to be on the course too much)
2. Win my next tourney

Next years goal
1. Have fun
2. Average 10 points above my rating for every tourney
3. Get to 950 rating
4. Play the top card of an advance tourney
5. Finish top 5 in an advance tourney

1. Play in a Tourney
2. Better Putting
3. Increase BH distance of tee
4. Play more rounds
5. Join PDGA
6. Try to get my company to sponsor more Tourneys
7. Get my 3 yr old and wife to play more.
8. Work on Anny

1. Play more often
2. Play the full year of leagues at my home course
2. Improve Driving Form
3. Improve consistent driving distance
4. Improve Putting
5. Shoot par consistently at my home course
6. Have Fun

Goals for 2012:

Do not lose any more distance on my drivers
-From 2010 to 2011 I lost about 20-30 feet of my drives
-Probably a combination of age and unintentional technique change after a wrist injury

Finally settle on a putting routine and technique
- I have three putted more in the last two years than all my years previously combined
- My overall confidence has increased in the last, creating more go for it instead of layups, which adds to the longer return putts and thus more three putts.

Stop toying with my bag set-up
-I made it a goal to set-up a bag and play with it through 2011. That lasted about two months before I did some major overhauls of my bag.
-In the last three months I have swapped out a disc here and there but the core of my bag has seemingly stabilized.

Play in less tournaments and or have more fun playing
- I got absolutely destroyed in tournaments after June (the wrist injury). My rating has tragically tanked and does not accurately reflect how I normally play in leagues and fun rounds.
- Our amateur league is going strong but could definitely use a boost
- I am thinking of starting a second amateur league centered on the idea of fun rounds and games
- There is a possibility that I will be able to design and build a course for my church
- I am thinking of cancelling my PDGA membership because I do not play in enough tournaments as it is to make it worth my while.

Dial in my forehand shot
-2011 I dedicated to nailing down thumbers. I am fairly confident in this shot now and hope I can do the same for forehands
- Right now I am very hit and miss with this shot. Sometimes I nail it perfectly, other times I give it too much anhyzer and it never comes back. I am trying my best to not go too overstable in hopes of correcting this.

Almost the same goals as last year:

Win BG Ams.
Win Am Nats.
Win CAC.
Win Am Worlds.
Get my rating over 1010.

General Goals:
--Hit 5 Aces (One over 250')
--Find a putter/more confidence putting
--Dye a disc
--Play in a sanctioned tourney
--Join a league
--Score an 8 on a single hole
--Play another state and add 15 new courses played
--Lose only two discs that I throw and end the year up 25 discs

Home Course Goals (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=357):
--Shoot a 24 from yellows.
--Find and uncover all the red tee markers.
--Tres number seven (long pin) at least twice
--Win the spring tourney.
--Get a new pad poured for the blues.
--More course cleanup.

General Goals:

--Join a league

Are you thinking a local weekly league that is set at a particular course or a league that is a group of players that travels from course to course on a set schedule?

I have an amateur league that just wrapped up for the year, but we will be starting again in March. We play as a league once a month but require you get in three matches a month between the league events. We are always looking for more amateur level players.

I am not assuming you are an amateur, but if you are interested, let me know. I know already that some of the things we do will meet some of your 2012 goals. Every August our league makes an annual road trip and in 2012 we are heading back to Highbridge for three days and two nights. Our league also hosts an Ace Race and there is a possibility that we are going to get involved in developing a course at my church early next year.

Almost the same goals as last year:

Win BG Ams.
Win Am Nats.
Win CAC.
Win Am Worlds.
Get my rating over 1010.

Seriously? You took 4th in AM Worlds, and you are continuing to play as an AM?

Sorry man, but this defines the term "bagger".

Break 750 feet (longest is 706)
Get my rating to at least 935
Place in an Adv tourney
Play the GBO
Play Am world dubs
Work on short game
Win an event at my home course
Win the Dirty Dozen Tour Finale again(this year was rec next year hopefully adv)
Hrlp get more courses/events in my area

Win an AM2 Event (Just received my PDGA Number and played in AM4 once)
2 Aces in 1 day. Not necessarily in the same round.
Play in AM Nats or AM Worlds
Place in MI State Finals

Seriously? You took 4th in AM Worlds, and you are continuing to play as an AM?

Sorry man, but this defines the term "bagger".

I gotta disagree. You gotta pay the pdga more every year, along with higher entry fees, and extremely good open competition in charlotte. No person should ever be forced to play professional in any sport, the commitment is much much greater.

I gotta disagree. You gotta pay the pdga more every year, along with higher entry fees, and extremely good open competition in charlotte. No person should ever be forced to play professional in any sport, the commitment is much much greater.

No one said anything about being forced to do anything. I know my opinion doesn't matter, but I just think if you are placing in the top 10 or 20 at worlds, it is time to step aside and let someone else have a shot. Keeping your AM status for the sole reason of winning tournaments is sandbagging. I also understand that NC has a ton of talent, and the divisions are tough, but isn't that the point of competition.

Get my rating above 900 (it's currently at 894), get top five overall in the unsanctioned tourney series I play in, be more confident with putting inside 25', play more tourneys.