• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Glass Blown Open

I had a lot of fun this weekend, and finally played well in a tournament.

Tied for 9th in Advanced with rounds 965, 986, and 995.

I didn't even play that well. Missed probably 25 putts inside the circle for the weekend (no exaggeration) and all of my OBs were silly. Could have easily shot 3-5 shots better at Country Club and Jones, and probably 10 shots better at Municipal.

Nice work dude! Those are some legit rounds.

Had a great weekend. My best A-tier finish and some of the most consistent golf I feel I've played, plenty of room for improvement.

My goals going into it:

Have Fun - Absolutely
Play Above my rating - check. every round, well above.
Cash (MA1) - Success
Minimize tree hits and OBs - Avoided trees quite well (maybe 5 that resulted in a stroke or two), 8 OBs, meh, could improve, but I'm not disappointed overall.
No 3 putts - Succeeded until hole 16 of my last round, chained out a 20'er/clanked a 12' hotheaded comeback putt.

I made the decision to attend this over BG Ams, I'm certainly glad I did, great experience, players party, players pack, etc. But, if asked to compare the two the overall experience (as an am player) at BG well exceeds that of GBO in number and quality of side games and accompanying events. And quality and enjoyment of the courses involved. If presented with the same choice in the future I'll be on my way back to BG - if there's no conflict, maybe I'll make the push for both.

Last edited:
Sean - we'll play together some more sometime between now and July. I'll need to do some more practicing for words.

Anytime my man, just shoot me a PM or a text prior and we'll get in some work.

The people and events are what make this such a great tournament. Big thanks to DD, Lat, and the city of Emporia minus the Emporia Police Department. Yous guys are pathetic with your quotas and when you stake out the parks to pull of out of towners for seat belt infractions you make them not want to come back. :mad: Ease up Barney Fife.

Prodigy's only been around a couple months and they don't have a full lineup...

I dont see it :confused:

He said he never could have done it without Prodigy in the same breath that he celebrated doing it in back to back years...with his switch in between. The fact that he did it last year with Innova proves that he, in fact, could have done it without Prodigy. I'm not even addressing the fact that he uses a mixed bag, I just envisioning him saying 'hey, I know I did it last year without Prodigy but I couldn't have done it this year without Prodigy!' Just makes me laugh.

Part of being a sponsored pro is thanking your current sponsors for everything from your breakfast tasting good to your son getting an A on his math test when you win, have a good finish, or otherwise have an audience. NASCAR drivers pretty much set the standard for this.

And stuff like that is precisely why I would never want to be a sponsored pro.

First, had a great time down in Emporia. Lots of fun playing disc for 5 days straight, from sun up to sun down(Even snuck in a few rounds at Peter Pan for ****s and giggles). Got to play in almost every weather condition possible in those 5 days. The players pack was sick. The players part was unbe****inglievable. The weather, what can I say, was what I expected it to be. All around had a fun time.

That being said, I was really disappointed in the two of the three courses. I liked Jones East quite a bit. But the two ball golf courses were kind of lame. I was speaking with one of the pdga rep's that was there to scout the courses for AM Worlds. He even stated that the two ball golf courses need a ton of redesign before AM Worlds, and I couldn't agree more. There were some really good holes between these two courses, but there were a lot of awful holes too. I would like to see future years of the GBO bring Peter Pan back into the mix and only use one of the ball golf courses(Preferably the Country Club).

I felt like Municipal was pretty lame last year, but the Country Club was pretty sweet I thought. Jones is definitely the best course.

Country club is a better tract of land. More elevation in that area and south of town where the municipal course is has mostly flat tracts with no wind breaks. You get a big southwest wind like there was on Sunday. I'd like to see both the ball golf courses shortened some, maybe slight tweaks to layout or design, and always an option to either have concrete or a rubber pad under your feet. Muddy rounds it's hard to ask people to throw from the grass. World's will be great because it will mix in those courses with the three great ones in town that are more traditional and not long. That and DD puts on the best tournaments.

Great tournament, great courses, and great weather. Thank you to DD for yet another successful GBO. congratulations to Matt Perry, he totally earned the victory with a solid final round and even more solid last 5 holes. 3 of us had a chance at victory stepping up to the pad on 18, and i was nervous as hell and took a 7, still carded a 61. See you guys at worlds!

Great tournament, great courses, and great weather. Thank you to DD for yet another successful GBO. congratulations to Matt Perry, he totally earned the victory with a solid final round and even more solid last 5 holes. 3 of us had a chance at victory stepping up to the pad on 18, and i was nervous as hell and took a 7, still carded a 61. See you guys at worlds!

Fluty, good job on 3rd! Assuming you're the same Fluty that beat me by 1 stroke :D

DD- That was an INCREDIBLE experience! SUCH an awesome tournament. Block party, courses, organization... just superb.

Fluty, good job on 3rd! Assuming you're the same Fluty that beat me by 1 stroke :D

DD- That was an INCREDIBLE experience! SUCH an awesome tournament. Block party, courses, organization... just superb.

Thanks Tony, had a great time 2nd round, the group had a really good vibe going on and we all retained or moved up position!

Latest posts